• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Browser Screenshot Thread

I posted this in the 3D World thread but I guess I should post them here as well:
These are some of my non-spoilery pictures:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01s1p7i.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01lxq9c.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01kusxp.jpg

I love these ones but they reveal some of the game's secrets:

D-e-f-

Banned
Is this from The Amazing Spider-man? I really wanted that game but the reports of incessant screen tearing and frame drops turned me off on it. Plus it's not on the eshop cuz activision be wack like that

Sorry, I completely missed this post. It's Assassin's Creed III. :D

D-e-f-

Banned
Please forgive the crappy off-screen photos... but did they make the islands farther apart in the HD remake?

pics

On GCN they had to plop down static images as placeholders and signposts to tell you where the other islands are because they couldn't load the whole ocean into memory. On Wii U, they could load the whole thing at once which allowed the swift sail to exist (the slow speed in the original was that way to let the cube load the next part of the ocean) and lets you see the islands where they actually are in the world.

The memory/loading the entire ocean +swift sail thing is known fact, the rest of it is my speculation based on that information.

On GCN they had to plop down static images as placeholders and signposts to tell you where the other islands are because they couldn't load the whole ocean into memory. On Wii U, they could load the whole thing at once which allowed the swift sail to exist (the slow speed in the original was that way to let the cube load the next part of the ocean) and lets you see the islands where they actually are in the world.

The memory/loading the entire ocean +swift sail thing is known fact, the rest of it is my speculation based on that information.

I'm pretty sure those placeholders are still there. There's still a very noticeable transition when you enter the grid square in which the island is located as the static image is replaced by the actual island. It's really jarring and was something I was hoping wouldn't be in WWHD... Then again, that could just be that they are loaded as polygonal shapes with the textures popping on very harshly as you approach. This is probably the wrong thread for this discussion though, sorry about that.

D-e-f-

Banned
I'm pretty sure those placeholders are still there. There's still a very noticeable transition when you enter the grid square in which the island is located as the static image is replaced by the actual island. It's really jarring and was something I was hoping wouldn't be in WWHD...

Yes, the placeholders still exist. But they are now actually in the location of where the physical island would be in relation to you and no longer just at the edge of the screen where the currently loaded area is cut off.

If you look at your GCN shots again, you'll likely notice that the object seems to be always about the same distance away if it's an island very very far off on another tile.

Yes, the placeholders still exist. But they are now actually in the location of where the physical island would be in relation to you and no longer just at the edge of the screen where the currently loaded area is cut off.

If you look at your GCN shots again, you'll likely notice that the object seems to be always about the same distance away if it's an island very very far off on another tile.

Gotcha, that makes sense.

The Boat

I love spotting the Luigi cameos.
irGWpxqw623Km.jpg

If you attack this one, he hides.

ibhpRkcxYBKZkb.jpg

(on top of the tombstone)

i6NCVIRwCBcQF.jpg

Peach looks so... regal.

Kind of spoilerish?
I don't know if the Mii has this name on purpose or if it was a coincidence, but it was amazing.

tipoo

Banned
Man, this shot gets me every time! It just seems so much more detailed than the rest of the game(which doesn't look bad either). Makes me thinks what this game(and future games) would look like if they were backed by bigger budgets and teams, where artists could let loose a bit more.

Honestly I never got the hype over its visuals, a lot of the other games posted here look many times better. All I see in it are low res textures.

D-e-f-

Banned
Interesting to see that DOF is disabled when the image is passing throught the pipes. Those rocks are blurried out of the pipe, but are clean through it. ^^ #nice

Same happened in a Forza 5 shot in the next gen screenshot thread. You could see the crowd through a car window but the crowd was way off in the distance and heavily blurred while being crispy clear when looking through the window.

dmr87

Absolutely stunning, even more in motion and on the TV. 1080p is the only thing that's missing.

Playing mostly with Peach cause I love how different her dresses/suits look.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01t2upd.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_010tup5.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jpu54.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is actually the free Christmas themed bonus level (Fortress of Festivity) received with the update from today

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ilu5k.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019gu3r.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_017huxh.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01wsetm.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01u5c3e.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01tgu21.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_011telt.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01slfth.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ozrzi.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dki3k.jpg

Almost forgot we had this dedicated Wii U screenshots thread, sorry!
I posted these in the next gen screenshots thread.

I've played the game very little before, digital version on another person Wii U. Didn't even got to the first boss. Now I have a new copy for myself.

Amazing game! The combat variety and the fun moments, and the big bosses... man, this is THE action game I was waiting my entire life hehe.

The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of any AA. The game is beautiful, but does have some ugly jaggies. I have a question regarding it and TV Resolution btw, but I don't know the right thread to ask.

iQZ9pFSbbenHV.jpg

ibf9MwvE7bT6sm.jpg

ibdeMxjQKaH956.jpg

D-e-f-

Banned
Having playing both AC3 and AC4 I much prefer the visual style and locations in AC3. Especially during the winter sections of AC3.

Big reason I was so hyped for this was because of the snow. I'm a sucker for video game snow.

It's why Snow Barrel Blast is my favorite DKC level. It's part of why I like Uncharted 2 so much better than the others.

gamingeek

My inner kitty is watching...... constantly watching....

DFoundry says Wii U AC4 is 10 fps lower than current gen with identical presentation? What say you, those with the game? Whenever I read these DF comparisons they always say presentation is near identical, but whenever I look at videos PS3 versions always look notably softer.

Top Bottom