• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Browser Screenshot Thread

Pitmonkey

Having playing both AC3 and AC4 I much prefer the visual style and locations in AC3. Especially during the winter sections of AC3.

Art style is subjective, but Assassin's Creed IV is far and away a step up from ACIII.

OqwBQQUh.jpg

bAg8wHDh.jpg

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I read the DF analysis on ACIV and I reached the conclusion that I am probably blind. Or my beamer is broken. Also I have probably a broken Gamepad as I could use it for controls without issues.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01qrugv.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xyknz.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01d1dvz.jpg

muteant

That is some nice looking sand.

yeah, that's why i chose that screen.

this sounds funny but bear with me for a moment: i feel like SM3DW really is the citizen kane of video games in a way. not in the sense of being generally considered the GOAT, but rather in the way that it aggressively delights in the possibilities of the medium, while still qualifying as a hugely successful example of said medium on normal terms, and totally transcending any potential accusations of gimmickiness. in other words, it's a fun masterpiece.

i just sounded pretty pretentious there but it's how i feel.

D-e-f-

Banned
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01d8a2w.jpg

love the random baseball

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0119k8b.jpg

aaand bam, he's out!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_015xs7o.jpg

Why you be mean muggin', son? I was just gonna invite you to my block party!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01g7sti.jpg

Yea, that and the tracks make a clinky noise when you walk on them. Dat detail!

Art style is subjective, but Assassin's Creed IV is far and away a step up from ACIII.

Do you have both AC3 and 4? I was a bit surprised at the DF analysis given some of you guys say the game is fine. I only have AC3 and for the most part the game ran fine, if AC4 runs similar to AC3 then I will probably get it down the road.

D-e-f-

Banned
Do you have both AC3 and 4? I was a bit surprised at the DF analysis given some of you guys say the game is fine. I only have AC3 and for the most part the game ran fine, if AC4 runs similar to AC3 then I will probably get it down the road.
DF is known to make WiiU versions sound like atrocities when in reality they're perfectly fine and playable. They are heavily weighted on the performance angle and raw numbers. Personally, I don't put any stock in their opinions.

DF is known to make WiiU versions sound like atrocities when in reality they're perfectly fine and playable. They are heavily weighted on the performance angle and raw numbers. Personally, I don't put any stck in their opinions.

Yeah, I know that first hand with Black Ops 2 campaign and AC 3, they make it sound like it is unplayable, and in the end I played the game and it did had some framerate issues in the first missions, but the game was perfectly playable and enjoyable.

I also don't like them, I wish we could have other sources.

Pitmonkey

Yep I was the one that took those two pictures. AC4 > AC3 in every aspect.

D-e-f-

Banned
For AC4 specifically, all I've played of it so far is the multiplayer (still need to finish the AC3 story!) That ran completely fine.

69wpm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1sv61PP3nY

360 vs Wii U, took a quick look and saw better sand textures at 0:26. Can't comment on the frame rate though but I'd always prefer the vsync of the Wii U version.

Also: "Combined with the GamePad's twitchy analogue sticks..." What the fuck does that even mean? Sometimes I think DF wants to sound like real pros but fail miserably.

D-e-f-

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1sv61PP3nY

360 vs Wii U, took a quick look and saw better sand textures at 0:26. Can't comment on the frame rate though but I'd always prefer the vsync of the Wii U version.

Also: "Combined with the GamePad's twitchy analogue sticks..." What the fuck does that even mean? Sometimes I think DF wants to sound like real pros but fail miserably.

It's no secret that they just don't care for the thing in general. This should be in the back of everyone's mind while reading anything coming from DF.

gamingeek

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xsegn.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01fcoql.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01qnj49.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_013luhn.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01m3bc0.jpg

Graphics look pretty decent but it's peppered with low resolution textures. Still, not a single framerate problem so far and no screen tearing at all, that's cool. Nice lighting too. Wish Ubisoft would give us an High res texture pack.

gamingeek

It's no secret that they just don't care for the thing in general. This should be in the back of everyone's mind while reading anything coming from DF.
They always say that 360/PS3/Wii U have "identical presentation" but in videos the PS3 versions always look softer to me. I prefer Lens of truth, they give out facts and better BS free comparisons. DF acts like a few framedrops in a particular area ruins the whole game. Reading both their Blacklist teardowns was fairly telling. They'd rather have horrendous screen tearing, rather a bit of minor slowdown in cutscenes? I noticed a bit of a laggy framerate in AC3 Boston area but it didn't kill the game and geographically it's only like 20% of the game.

D-e-f-

Banned
They always say that 360/PS3/Wii U have "identical presentation" but in videos the PS3 versions always look softer to me. I prefer Lens of truth, they give out facts and better BS free comparisons. DF acts like a few framedrops in a particular area ruins the whole game. Reading both their Blacklist teardowns was fairly telling. They'd rather have horrendous screen tearing, rather a bit of minor slowdown in cutscenes? I noticed a bit of a laggy framerate in AC3 Boston area but it didn't kill the game and geographically it's only like 20% of the game.

Yea the Blacklist analysis was very very funny because we had a competing one lol.

Skelter

Banned
IV breeding in Pokémon has took most of my gaming time but managed to upload some screenshots.

Man 3D World has some amazing use of Depth of Field in a console game. I think I even like it more in here than Witcher 2.

ibc9Rl60DVcCu6.jpg

ieKm9JzBoq2Mq.jpg

i4WhW9OlxCz4H.jpg

iDCdstb7z2drj.jpg

ibubspNajksR4o.jpg

I love watching these guys work!

iKWNrQ6hGthC8.jpg

iU6nEyxkQZhUr.jpg

i8JZ9XGa0S2Tg.jpg

Pjsprojects

My inner kitty is watching...... constantly watching....

DFoundry says Wii U AC4 is 10 fps lower than current gen with identical presentation? What say you, those with the game? Whenever I read these DF comparisons they always say presentation is near identical, but whenever I look at videos PS3 versions always look notably softer.

Nah, I have AC4 on WiiU & PC plus my brother in law has it on 360, I can say right off that the wiiU version has better graphics than 360. Frame rate is fine and due to the game pad is the reason I'm playing my WiiU copy rather than my pc copy at max settings.

D-e-f-

Banned
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01eju73.jpg

How do you know when to stop? Is there such a thing as 'too much Luigi?'

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01q1sc8.jpg

We don't get Madden anymore so we have to make our own fun!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01v1yvk.jpg

Y'ALL GOOMBAS CAN'T C ME

gamingeek

Nah, I have AC4 on WiiU & PC plus my brother in law has it on 360, I can say right off that the wiiU version has better graphics than 360. Frame rate is fine and due to the game pad is the reason I'm playing my WiiU copy rather than my pc copy at max settings.
Good to hear. I'm at the London mill level in Splinter Cell Blacklist hours and hours into the game and have only noticed one barely perceptible frame dip during a cutscene of all things, and it lasted for about 1 second, maybe less. I'm starting to wonder wtf DF are on about, do they actually watch the games as they play or are they just looking at a graph on their machine and declaring everything shit?

I saw their comparison videos, the screen tearing in the other versions happens in cut-scenes and gameplay, lens of truth found it was like 17 to 20 percent of all frames were torn. Playing this game really has me questioning whether DF are for real or not.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01u0jev.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_010wiyz.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ocsh7.jpg

iJLbW1loAqBE6.jpg

Ohmygawd, I beat Ridley. I am so happy. Tried maybe upwards of 70 times. Only four health tanks and one reserve. Had to be very careful not to get hit much. Ended up finishing with a Charge Beam.

Pjsprojects

Good to hear. I'm at the London mill level in Splinter Cell Blacklist hours and hours into the game and have only noticed one barely perceptible frame dip during a cutscene of all things, and it lasted for about 1 second, maybe less. I'm starting to wonder wtf DF are on about, do they actually watch the games as they play or are they just looking at a graph on their machine and declaring everything shit?

I saw their comparison videos, the screen tearing in the other versions happens in cut-scenes and gameplay, lens of truth found it was like 17 to 20 percent of all frames were torn. Playing this game really has me questioning whether DF are for real or not.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01u0jev.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_010wiyz.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ocsh7.jpg

Wish I had of played Black list on WiiU really. I completed it on pc but from what I have seen it's not much nicer than the WiiU version.

Maybe a thread of the exact same shots on pc would show how well some of the WiiU games stand up.

69wpm

RUSH is very cool. Played a few levels for 30 minutes and it's definitely worth the price. The levels are cool and the first ones are pretty easy to master. The tutorial in the beginning explains a few basic rules that you have to remember so you can finish the levels.

DF is known to make WiiU versions sound like atrocities when in reality they're perfectly fine and playable. They are heavily weighted on the performance angle and raw numbers. Personally, I don't put any stock in their opinions.

Yeah, This was the case with Mass Effect 3. I tried 3 on the Wii U through Gamefly(completed the game), but bought it for PS3 because it was cheaper and has more DLC. Two different games as far as quality is concerned. The PS3 version has sections that drop to less than one FPS. I've died between frames a few times. According to DF, the Wii U version is worse despite only having occasional frame-drops... and dropping to ~20FPS on occasion... smh

Also, they spoke at length about how much more crisp the image was on the 1080p version of COD Ghosts despite having odd anti-aliasing and didn't notice they were playing in 720p... That says a lot to me...

gamingeek

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01yfsnq.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01y6jvy.jpg

The trainyard is a son of a bitch level, mines everywhere, armoured guards immune to most weapons and takedowns. No decent cover, they can circle behind or in front and usually both. Long narrow places to crawl between in sunlight of all things. And to top it all off snipers everywhere. Oh and they spot and shoot down the tri rotor almost immediately.

My inner kitty is watching...... constantly watching....

DFoundry says Wii U AC4 is 10 fps lower than current gen with identical presentation? What say you, those with the game? Whenever I read these DF comparisons they always say presentation is near identical, but whenever I look at videos PS3 versions always look notably softer.
There is no way in hell ac4 is running at 20fps on wii u

So, Assassin´s Creed IV isn´t the hideous abomination it was made out to be after all ?

Maybe I´m projecting something in those DF articles that really isn´t there, but they always sound a bit spiteful towards the WiiU.

Maybe it´s just me *shrug*

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01lmb1f.jpg

EAD Tokyo nailed it !

D-e-f-

Banned
Holy mother of god...

I think you mean either "Holy mudder of god" or "Holy mother of mud!" :p

So, Assassin´s Creed IV isn´t the hideous abomination it was made out to be after all ?

Maybe I´m projecting something in those DF articles that really isn´t there, but they always sound a bit spiteful towards the WiiU.

Maybe it´s just me *shrug*

We discussed similar feelings a few posts ago. ;)

You're definitely not alone in this regard...

Van Owen

Banned

They said the image quality matches the 360 and PS3 versions. It just runs at a worse framerate.

I think you're reading into something that isn't really there.

Top Bottom