• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box

So what are the chances that Nintendo makes a new GameCube controller for the Virtual Console?

It sounds awful at first, but then it sounds like the exact thing they would do.

Kimawolf

Well I want to know if VC comes will it have Neo Geo games. And 3DO games or are those too obscure/caught up in licensing hell?

big youth

the Monolith rumor holds some weight. they've had a long time to work on it too, so it could be further along than is commonly thought.

the Smash Bros dialogue is stupid though. stop expecting bombshells like that.

So what are the chances that Nintendo makes a new GameCube controller for the Virtual Console?

It sounds awful at first, but then it sounds like the exact thing they would do.

They should. Because as far as I'm aware only the Classic Controller has analog shoulder buttons and I can't imagine they'll hype up that for their Gamecube virtual console games.

Neiteio

I doubt they would call for an unscheduled Nintendo Direct (next one was suppose to happen in February) just to talk more about titles/apps that have been announced and discussed at least two times. I mean, none of those even come out until late Feburary and beyond, so why rush a ND out this month if that was the scheduled topic? I believe this is more of a damage control procedure, and I expect at least two major announcements for WiiU that we currently don't have substantial info about (such as new titles or WiiU virtual console, SSB4, Moonlith-Soft WiiU, etc.).
Hmm, good point. I hope you're right.

Well I want to know if VC comes will it have Neo Geo games. And 3DO games or are those too obscure/caught up in licensing hell?
They will most likely have Neo Geo games. I mean they are STILL releasing NG games on the Wii VC up till the last couple months. I wouldn't expect 3DO since EA apparantly hates WiiU now. (lol) And I wouldn't expect any of Sega's systems on VC since GG games have been MIA on 3DS since March 2012 :/

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So we agree that Retro's project being shown in here is impossible, right?

If they are working on a new Donkey Kong then I think an announcement could happen. A new IP though would most likely be saved for E3 considering that is aimed at the western audience.

Snakeyes

They should just replace the Pro with a retooled GC controller. Replace the C-stick with a proper analog, make both sticks clickable, add a second shoulder button on the left and a traditional ABXY layout. Done.

DaBoss

Damn, 39 pages long for what?

For hype!

J855y8Z.gif

EDIT: Credit to donkey show for this amazing gif.

C'mon guys, DREAM a bit! :O

Check this shit:

- Mo' dungeons
- Mo' islands
- Mo' definition (so, uh, HD)

THAT'S what you want out of a Wind Waker re-release.

C'mon now.

I'd like a complete edition that actually finishes all of the dungeons / areas that were originally intended to be in the game before they got cut. That + 1080p rendering and a redrawn UI would be a day-one purchase for me.

Jacobbles

I wanna know what Monolith is doing, and I wanna know what Retro is up to. Some other third party surprises would be nice.

I'm honestly way more excited about the prospect of Wii U VC with Gamecube stuff than I should be. I just... Wind Waker on the Gamepad....

I think it's not crazy to expect just a little Smash Bros. I mean, we got the Namco-Bandai bombshell in a ND last summer, so we could easily see a Smash Bros. tidbit tomorrow. Maybe not a Smash megaton, but maybe something like a new character or maybe a video that shows the visual style without outing any new characters. Not saying it's a sure thing, but it's possible.

In all honesty, I do expect a couple bombas tomorrow. Definitely not bombapalooza, but a couple big deal announcements, even if one is just a name drop. And this is coming from a guy who usually doesn't get too invested in Nintendo Directs.

mantidor

Uh, why? So you can play a portable version of a game that'd look superior with correct colors and HD on a big screen, on a controller where you must be within a certain distance of the console in order for it to work?

The Wind Waker will never be in HD, if anything it will look better on the pad.

Box

They should just replace the Pro with a retooled GC controller. Replace the C-stick with a proper analog, make both sticks clickable, add a second shoulder button on the left and a traditional ABXY layout. Done.

But you see, that's exactly the kind of thing that they wouldn't do. Instead they'd make a boat.

DaBoss

rofl this gif is perfect now

Holy Iwata, this is amazing.

It was made by donkey show.

Do we have info on specific things to be hyped about?

Well it is going to be first-party content (services and software).
And it supposedly has new games.
Someone from Monolith Soft tweeted about this ND.
Wii U VC has been a recent addition to NOE's site in the source code.
With that being said, Mother (Earthbound) could be announced due to what Itoi said recently regarding the Mother series.

Jintor

I can't be the only one who finds a simple joy in Cheesemeister's stock beginning posts that are super useful and always contain the phrase "has announced a presentation blah blah blah"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
By the way, where's a direct link to where the Direct's going to be uploaded so I can watch it when I wake up without having to navigate through NeoGaf and see all the new threads spoiling the reveals? I always ends up missing Direct and getting spoiled when I attempt to find the thread, lol.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Imagine a Super Smash Bros. Melee HD with online. Imagine.

It's a alarmingly sad state of affairs if the most promising titles for a new system desperately in need of unique software end up being HD ports of games from two generations ago :p.

RPGamer92

Banned
By the way, where's a direct link to where the Direct's going to be uploaded so I can watch it when I wake up without having to navigate through NeoGaf and see all the new threads spoiling the reveals? I always ends up missing Direct and getting spoiled when I attempt to find the thread, lol.
You could just bookmark this thread and start there in the morning without having to get spoiled.

Neiteio

It's a alarmingly sad state of affairs if the most promising titles for a new system desperately in need of unique software end up being HD ports of games from two generations ago :p.
Bu bu bu thar be no trippin in Melee derpy derp derp

I do lament Brawl omitting Mewtwo

Scum

I'm not expecting much, but surprise me, Iwata.

You won't be saying that if it's a port of a game this gen - Bayonetta: Climax Edition. Believe!

5001-508657df4acaf.png

This little beauty.

I have one of these and it is indeed awesome! BUT if you're incredibly picky, the surface texture is somewhat different to an original pad, at least compared to a new in plastic original Super Famicom one i have. I was ever so slightly disappointed!

Well, I didn't mean it like that. I kind of meant like as if it were to release in-between now and until SSB4 releases, to kill time. I'll edit my post and make it clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom