• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Exactly my point. Nintendo needs to bank on new ideas now.

They've already confirmed NEW Wii U games. As I said before, GC games would be great to hold some of us over until the new games release.

lol this will never happen

You wait and see.

didn't Nintendo already confirm that playing VC games on the gamepad screen is just a matter of time?

That's right.

http://kotaku.com/5973939/when-it-comes-to-the-wii-us-online-store-nintendo-is-dropping-the-ball

"We do not have any specifics to share at this time," a Nintendo of America rep told me in an e-mail. "However, we are moving ahead with development of Virtual Console for Wii U, and we plan to make it so you can play it on the Wii U GamePad alone."

AntMurda

And you're going to get at least two new games (one of which being Monolith Soft's new game). You're just having a Wii U Virtual Console announcement to go with it.

What in the world makes you confident that Monolith Soft's mysterious untitled work-in-progress is one of the titles that is guaranteed to be aired tomorrow morning?

Oersted

Going through this list.

The game of Quidditch ends when the seeker catches the Snitch. On both the GameCube and Game Boy Advance versions, players are actually sent to a special Snitch-seeker mini-game that will finalize the score when a player grabs the winged orb. But link the two games together, and the GBA player is dedicated to grabbing the snitch while the console player continues to score goals and close or expand the gap between the two teams. It's definitely one of the best uses of connectivity so far on the GBA. .

At E3 last May, Nintendo had one GameCube set aside to show off a potential feature in the cel-shaded adventure. By hooking up a Game Boy Advance, players can equip the handheld as an item in their inventory...by using the GBA, a little program gets sent to the system that allows a second player to play as Tingle. On the LCD screen, players see the familiar Legend of Zelda map, but on the GameCube version, the player is represented as a cursor that can move freely in the local area. The person playing as Tingle can help link by moving the cursor over items and blowing them up with bombs, destroying vases, enemies, or doorways while Link does his own thing.

If you ever find yourself lost in the GameCube version of this intense war shooter, hooking up the GBA with Medal of Honor Infiltrator will pull up an overhead map of the area you're in. You can even cycle through the locations of friendly soldiers, health, food, ammo, and more...definitely giving you an advantage over the enemies. And the other console versions. .

Another surprise revealed at this year's E3 was Sega's demonstration of its online RPG's connection feature: by going to the game's online lobby, players can connect their GBA and play mini-game versions of Chu Chu Rocket, Columns Crown, Puyo Pop, and, probably the most exciting, Nights into Dreams on the handheld. This one's a little hard to classify, since, honestly, the GBA connection isn't entirely necessary. But, it does give Sega the ability to post small demos of its upcoming GBA games for players to taste-test for free, simply by downloading them off the PSO server. And that should be a big deal for any GBA gamer.

Ubi Soft's GameCube version of its popular espionage game feature an exclusive connectivity mode with the Game Boy Advance utilizing the GameCube Game Boy Advance cable, offering enhanced gameplay mechanics that can be utilized during the action. Wherever the player is on the GameCube, it will be displayed on the Game Boy Advance as a vector-style overhead map. Unique to the Game Boy Advance/GameCube connectivity is a "sticky bomb" which can be attached to Sam Fisher's gun. When fired, it will latch onto the target (moving or not), and using the GBA system, pressing the button will detonate the bomb. The GameCube game also has a few original levels that can downloaded to the Game Boy Advance version of Splinter Cell.

Just imagine...

BowieZ

Banned
11 hours to go! I've got my Wii U stream and popcorn set up ready to go. Hmm maybe I should do something in the meantime.

So any rumors in the past 6-7 hours? (other than the Monolith one)

Nintendo Wii U VC (with Gamecube games?) to be announced / detailed? in the upcoming Nintendo Direct.

I made that rumor myself. :)

What in the world makes you confident that Monolith Soft's mysterious untitled work-in-progress is one of the titles that is guaranteed to be aired tomorrow morning?

Just the Monolith retweet, her history of retweeting ND's that talk about Monolith Soft, and NOJ's site listing the Monolith game with other "known" Nintendo releases. Everything just lines up nicely.

Javier

There's no way IntSys can unveil another FE this fast, so it must be Fire Emblem Musou made by Omega Force with connectivity to Awakening.
Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance were pretty much developed simultaneously, to the point IntSys wasn't sure which one was originally going to release first (both were referred to as FE8 in the source code). They've been done with Awakening for a while now, and while I think it's extremely unlikely we'll get one announced tomorrow, I don't think FE Wii U announced this year and released in 2014 is too far-fetched. Specially since we get a Fire Emblem every 2 years (only FE4, FE5 and FE6 were released three years apart from each other).

It was listed in Nintendo's last financial as an untitled upcoming release in Japan. Its definitely possible

Oersted

So any rumors in the past 6-7 hours? (other than the Monolith one)

Just for you guys ;)

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT.

You know how Iwata was going to talk about some of Nintendo's "services we're developing" tomorrow?

Well I've found evidence that one of the services that will be announced for tomorrow is STRONGLY IMPLIED to be Virtual Console for the Wii U. How do I know?

Because I found this in the source code for the Nintendo Direct page in the UK:

view-source:http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

MvPr0hM.png

It also has "Nintendo GameCube" there as well. GameCube games for Wii U Virtual Console confirmed?

tmdean checked the Google Cache source code, which shows how the site appeared on January 12th, and it DIDN'T HAVE THE LISTING FOR the Wii U Virtual Console.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46774404&postcount=1767

bux07Zv.png

Isn't it coincidential that "Wii U (Virtual Console" was added to the source code just recently...when Iwata's about to announce a Nintendo Direct "about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing"?

I would bet money on Wii U Virtual Console showing up tomorrow.

I think Mother series is going to be in Virtual Console on Wii U announcement...

Source: http://earthboundcentral.com/2012/12/itoi-announces-mother-developments/

Mother (AKA Earthbound in USA) creator Itoi Shigesato has tweeted some new information on upcoming developments regarding the Mother series.

Tweet #1:

Tweet #2:

So the first tweet says that it is a "republication." This means that they are (hopefully) working on remaking (or editing) the series for potential future release. Maybe they are taking the questionable legal issues out for release outside of Japan.

The second tweet emphasizes that it is not Mother 4, so there will be no new addition to the Mother trilogy. It does, however say they are trying to make the series playable, meaning able to play on modern consoles in this day and age.

credit to majora

AntMurda

Just the Monolith retweet, her history of retweeting ND's that talk about Monolith Soft, and NOJ's site listing the Monolith game with other "known" Nintendo releases. Everything just lines up nicely.

Nintendo lists it in their Japanese first-party TBA alongside some really far off games like Smash Bros. and Bayonetta 2. Its been there for a while. I don't think the evidence is very strong.

But as mentioned before, the Japanese Nintendo directs have often ended with a premiere "in-house Nintendo" (not external first-party) game announced. I can remember.

New Super Mario Bros. 2
Tomodachi Collection 2
Brain-Age Concentration Training
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Jam With The Band 3D

ohlawd

I'm not sure, but it's gonna get cold. And it'll get all soggy and shit if you put butter in it.

nah at least not in my experience.

I had this nice bag of popcorn, popped it nice and long, and I drenched it in that dreamy butter. I came back to it two days after because hey why the hell not?

It was the nicest bag of popcorn I ever had. It felt like bags of sand but in my mouth.

Neiteio

I'm not expecting anything. Basically, if they frame this as "new" as in "not out yet," we may just see more on Panorama View, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Lego City Undercover and Pikmin 3.

I would pay $60 for a gamepad only port (Not even HD remake) of Wind Waker. My monies is ready.

I hope for a HD Remake though, since that would mean physical release and I like collecting stuff.

Also, lol at everyone saying they will reveal release dates for their Q2 lineup like Pikmin, G&W, etc. they JUST revealed the Q1 lineup...and you expect the Q2?!

Also please announce a update that fixes the full scantv glitch :(

Neiteio

I would pay $60 for a gamepad only port (Not even HD remake) of Wind Waker. My monies is ready.
Uh, why? So you can play a portable version of a game that'd look superior with correct colors and HD on a big screen, on a controller where you must be within a certain distance of the console in order for it to work?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm not expecting anything. Basically, if they frame this as "new" as in "not out yet," we may just see more on Panorama View, Game & Wario, Wii Fit U, Lego City Undercover and Pikmin 3.

I doubt they would call for an unscheduled Nintendo Direct (next one was suppose to happen in February) just to talk more about titles/apps that have been announced and discussed at least two times. I mean, none of those even come out until late Feburary and beyond, so why rush a ND out this month if that was the scheduled topic? I believe this is more of a damage control procedure, and I expect at least two major announcements for WiiU that we currently don't have substantial info about (such as new titles or WiiU virtual console, SSB4, Moonlith-Soft WiiU, etc.).

Uh, why? So you can play a portable version of a game that'd look superior with correct colors and HD on a big screen, on a controller where you must be within a certain distance of the console in order for it to work?
Yes. Screw sitting in front of the tv. I don't like to sit in front of my tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom