• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U System Update Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

prag16

Banned
Which is nice, because it's something you couldn't do with the Wii VC. I much prefer using B and Y for NES games instead of A and B.

Glad I'm not the only one. B/Y feels MUCH better than A/B.

Too bad the arrangement may not feel right for GC games (if such time ever comes) regardless. Really liked that face button setup.

SMD

I'm not cheap and I can afford to pay the "full price" for it to get it early. I don't understand why they can't put it up Tuesday and then make it 30 cents on their terrific sale promotion May 15th.

But at least I can finally play SMW again Tuesday :rollseyes:

I don't understand, Super Metroid came out in 1994 and you've waited all this time to play it but rather than buy it for 30 cents/pence you're going to pay $/£9?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I hope they bring sales over to the VC as well. Do they go on sale on the 3DS?

Yes, there have been 3DS VC sales from time to time. It used to be on a schedule in fact but has been more random since then.

(I thought there'd been more sales since the last scheduled sale promotion.)

Has it even been confirmed what the day one lineup is? I have this bad feeling about what exactly is going on sale this coming week.

Has it even been confirmed what the day one lineup is? I have this bad feeling about what exactly is going on sale this coming week.

Ideally, every game that was shown in their little montage in the Nintendo Direct, plus the ones that were previously released as part of the trial program.

More realistically, it'll be just a few NES games, though. Hopefully Super Mario World is there, at minimum. I think it will be, since they uploaded a separate trailer for it on their Youtube channel. The separate videos might be a good indicator of the launch lineup which basically makes it a few NES games and Super Mario World. Which is great for me because SMW is the game I wanted most on the Virtual Console, but it does make it lacking in a holistic sense

Any chance this goes live soon? I'm on the east coast of the US, and it'd be cool if I could download this before a completely ungodly hour.

Think that might happen?

But how do we know if this update won't remove the Homebrew channel and stuff on the Wii Mode??

Nintendo doesn't even give a shit about vWii hacking at this point. They could have very easily blocked exploits like Bathaxx at launch and on the regular Wii LONG ago.

If you are nervous wait for confirmation a day or so after the update comes out then apply it.

I doubt we ever see another System Menu update again for any Wii platform. They probably care as much about Wii security as DSi security by now.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Gotta hold B as you boot into it or something, it's in the digital manual. Wouldn't recommend F Zero for it though, unless you don't wanna lean haha.
Got it. You have to hold 2 as the game loads. I had glanced through the manual before, but missed that.

F-Zero may not work too well, but I can think of a few games that it might work okay for, so it's good to know.

Asimov

Banned
Question about the VC button layout: I too prefer B/Y instead of B/A... but... if I change the button layout for, let's say, Balloon Fight... will the other NES games also be affected or just Balloon Fight?

Gattuso

Question about the VC button layout: I too prefer B/Y instead of B/A... but... if I change the button layout for, let's say, Balloon Fight... will the other NES games also be affected or just Balloon Fight?

all settings are per game and don't effect the other ones.

Roo

Apparently, it only will affect the game in question hence the rest will remain intact

Zakkath

I don't see any improvement made to prevent the console to lock-out randomly. That is another big issue for the Wii U.

I've had my system freeze once, ever.
Anecdotal evidence? Maybe. But all it really means is that I have no problem if there are no fixes on that front. :p

GulAtiCa

Just to think, the Wii U update comes tomorrow. :)

Also, being able to change the button config is awesome. Did it for Kirby Adventure.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Why is everyone saying the update is coming tomorrow? Did anyone find an active page stating that, or is this the same rumor from earlier today?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Er... there is no such image on the page... so this stems from the supposed screenshot from this afternoon, right?

Did/does anyone here actually see the pic on the page itself?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Er... there is no such image on the page... so this stems from the supposed screenshot from this afternoon, right?

Log into face book and become American. Obviously we see it or we wouldn't have referred it to you.

Roo

BY2K, lamaroo and FearMyWrench already confirmed it

why does everyone have trouble seeing the first post on Wii U FB this has been the case since launch

I wonder if they have to like the the page to see the first post

anyway why can't you just take our word for it that the 3 Days image is now a 2 Days image

It seems to be region locked and liking the page will do nothing since I already like the page.

why does everyone have trouble seeing the first post on Wii U FB this has been the case since launch

anyway why can't you just take our word for it that the 3 Days image is now a 2 Days image

EloquentM

aka Mannny

You don't have to like the page. I see it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom