• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Will I be able to play Titanfall on Switch?" "No. hahaha" says Sr Designer @ Respawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLZ

Banned
Just because someone is saying the truth doesn't mean his being a douchebag or dickish. It just means you don't like what he said because you're mostly being too defensive. He's in the gaming industry and knows what he sees and what he's talking about. Let the guy say his piece in peace.

Being salty, defensive and apologetic doesn't make you any better.

It's not a formal interview or anything. The guy's just drinking and nonchalantly talking with other guys about the Switch.

So I think his attitude is fine but he's definitely not giving out some bullshit PR excuse you'd typically hear.

Titanfall 1 had a good port on 360. I wouldn't be surprised if Bluepoint could get TF2 running on the Switch.

Hmm... I should continue my playthrough of 2 on PC, it's a cool game.

I can't believe some people act so unhinged under the influence of a few alcoholic beverages. I just can't fathom it. And now because of what he said, he's made a lot of enemies for life. I hope it was worth the slanderous talk for a few free drinks, you jackass. This video will haunt you for years.

jeenaudx

Banned
giphy.gif
Titanfall is a dead franchise, I never said the games were bad.

nOoblet16

No. Fuck no. hahahaha *points to Titanfall 1 DF article trailer* That's the same Titanfall on the Xbox 360. hahahahaha

ULj8njJ.png

When I eventually buy TF2 it'll be on PC and I'm buying the Switch for Nintendo games and indies so I don't really have any horse in this race. Just thought I'd take a jab at him using a cross-gen title as the main determining factor for a platform's power.

Except we aren't really talking about Titanfall 1 here now are we?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What you said isn't a transcript tho...?

Mohammad Alavi: ...I was excited about it. Nintendo's been in such a niche market recently, catering to the handheld and the kids, they've been so underpowered that they don't have the support of the third parties because they're all making for the PC, Xbox One and PS4, and it's no different.
Micha: I am going to drink to it mainly because, I understand. It will be underpowered. I'm not going to be play Titanfall on it. Like, can you tell me?
Mohammad: Fuck no! No, you're not going to be able to fit Titanfall 2 on the Nintendo Switch. That's the same Zelda from the Wii U?

After plenty of drinking, mind you. The designer is joking about the idea that you can fit the Titanfall 2 in a Nintendo Switch game card, one that can fit up to 25 GB of data. Titanfall 2 is 42 GB on the Xbox One, at least.

Can't wait to see how many people didn't watch the clip and just believe the OP because he twisted the words around to make him look even worse!

That's...even more relaxed and with less substance than I thought. Why is this a thread, again.

Metal B

There are more post about people, talking about salty Nintendo-Fans and bashing Nintendo, then actually post being unreasonable angry at the guy.

EL CUCO

For all we know, he could be laughing at the absurd requirement for a separate app to get the matchmaking to work.

I mean, apart from being underpowered and all.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Um, but TItanfall 2 probably can't run on a Switch with its current level of fidelity. Not shocking?

It probably can. it's a source game and the first one could run on a toaster. Even this second doesn't seem that demanding. They just can't be bothered. (which I can understand).

I can't believe some people act so unhinged under the influence of a few alcoholic beverages. I just can't fathom it. And now because of what he said, he's made a lot of enemies for life. I hope it was worth the slanderous talk for a few free drinks, you jackass. This video will haunt you for years.

"enemies" "slanderous"

man some of you are so touchy lol

gottem

Braag

He could've said it in a less dickish way but I'm sure there's a good reason why it's not coming to the Switch and this guy doesn't actually have something against Nintendo (since I highly doubt he alone has made that decision).
Also I've heard nothing but great things about TF2 despite it not selling well thanks to EAs scheduling. Odd how all of a sudden everyone's shitting on the game.

He sounded like he was a bit gutted after the reveal and would have liked to have TF2 on the Switch but he cant, due to the hardware. He was also on a YouTube show about getting drunk and talking about games.

I don't think this deserves a witch hunt or personal attacks.

shandy706

Titanfall 1 ran on 360 with a lot less RAM than the switch, and was more complicsted in many ways than TF2.

Switch could run TF2 fine, albeit with worse graphical fidelity.

That would be a no.

I'm thinking you probably didn't play it?

Also, they did NOT port Titanfall 2 to the 360....so they're not going to port 2 for a Switch release. That would make ZERO sense.

I'd love to have TF2 on the switch at launch...but it makes no sense to even think it would be there.

That was pretty immature. I'm pretty sure zelda will be a more fun and more immersive game than Titanfall could ever hope to be. It's not like Titanfall is even all that technically impressive anyways.

"People are personally offended by this thread."

Why else do you think this thread was posted? No one ever expected Titanfall 2 to come to Switch (let alone a Titanfall 3 existing). Of all the questions surrounding the Switch, whether it would get Titanfall 2 or not was never one of them.

What you said isn't a transcript tho...?

Mohammad Alavi: ...I was excited about it. Nintendo's been in such a niche market recently, catering to the handheld and the kids, they've been so underpowered that they don't have the support of the third parties because they're all making for the PC, Xbox One and PS4, and it's no different.
Micha: I am going to drink to it mainly because, I understand. It will be underpowered. I'm not going to be play Titanfall on it. Like, can you tell me?
Mohammad: Fuck no! No, you're not going to be able to fit Titanfall 2 on the Nintendo Switch. That's the same Zelda from the Wii U?

After plenty of drinking, mind you. The designer is joking about the idea that you can fit the Titanfall 2 in a Nintendo Switch game card, one that can fit up to 25 GB of data. Titanfall 2 is 42 GB on the Xbox One, at least.

Can't wait to see how many people didn't watch the clip and just believe the OP because he twisted the words around to make him look even worse!

It was hard to make out what they were saying through the mumbling so I abbreviated the convo a bit. I'll sub in your translation for mine in the OP.

zewone

Why not? Game doesn't look that technically advance IMO plus didn't titanfall 1 also run on 360? I'm sure they could get it running at 720p on the switch maybe, but who knows

DQ Heroes 2 looks really bad compared to the PS4 version and it runs at 30fps instead of 60fps.

Maybe they could get TF2 working at 720p and 30fps, but it's probably pretty far from their original vision.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Um

Even the developers say it tanked.

It tanked.

Link to that? It was the 4th best selling title in November's NPD after CoD, BF1, and Pokemon.

Oersted

The sad part is this is the view of most western third party studios. Infinity Ward, DICE, them, they all disdain Nintendo. They all see them as a toymaker, a game company only makes colorful, graphically not needy games. But it's their time now. Well maybe not specifically for Respawn's but all FPS makers generally. If you miss their games, it'd be harder for your platform to hit even 15m mark.

I do would love to see these companies have the courage to deliver "colourful" games or games without the pretense of maturity.

Oh well.

He sounded like he was a bit gutted after the reveal and would have like to have TF2 on the Switch but he cant. He was also on a YouTube show about getting drunk and talking about games.

I don't think this deserves a witch hunt or personal attacks.

bingo

but let's call him a douchebag, insult his hair and brag about his game bombing

Parham

Banned

Poe's law in full effect here.

Kimawolf

He wasn't even bragging about the sales though.

It was an irrelevant jab used defensively because people still don't realize the Switch is underpowered.

which is what boggles peoples minds. If you know your game, while great, basically limped out the gates and died in the opening weeks, why try to down someone else when your shit obviously isn't in order? It's liek a guy going bankrupt laughing at the dude who lost just out on a investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom