• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout goes gold

Bishop89

tumblr_lwz8fnRYD71r2i1edo1_500.gif

me playing zone

Shaneus

Keep in mind, we're lucky enough to be getting this AND the full version of Formula Fusion on PC within the space of a month or so.

Glorious times, indeed.

SheHateMe

I hate myself, but I ordered the Steelbook version from GAME as they ship to NA. I really need that Steelbook. Really.

I'm also getting the digital version so I don't have to change the disk. I'm lazy.

Got my steelbook on order thanks to a kind Australian GAFfer, honestly one of my most anticipated games this year. Can't wait!

Elandyll

Banned
I am weak... Ordered the steelbook on Amazon UK, to be delivered to my father in France. I'll pick it up in July.

Gestault

Holding my breath on the execution on this. So excited, though. Have we had confirmation of carrying over the XL/2097 soundtrack?

bennibop

Cannot wait, have bought digitally and have ordered the steelbook!

Looking forward to using the Spotify Wipeout playlists

Shifty

Chest-beating over remasters of one gen-old games going gold is a thing now?

Love me some WipEout though, I played the shit out of HD/Fury and 2048 when I got my PS3 and Vita. Beating Zico was one of my finest moments that gen.
Would love to see the series un-killed alongside Studio Liverpool for a new entry.

I don't have a PS4 (because no new wipeout) but was thinking of buying this anyway so we get more Wipeout and for my collection...But they closed Sony Liverpool so... I'm leaning towards passing out of principle right now.

I'm sure it would be cool, and if I had a PS4 I'd likely jump in. But I'll live without, got a Vita, got PS3. Can't just let it slide that they shut down SL.

Ok buddy.

I don't have a PS4 (because no new wipeout) but was thinking of buying this anyway so we get more Wipeout and for my collection...But they closed Sony Liverpool so... I'm leaning towards passing out of principle right now.

I'm sure it would be cool, and if I had a PS4 I'd likely jump in. But I'll live without, got a Vita, got PS3. Can't just let it slide that they shut down SL.
lol

Two excellent pieces of news. First this, and second that my DualShock 4 which I spilled some bourbon and coke on about a year ago came back to life today, so I can actually play the game once I get it.

I had cleaned it thoroughly right after it happened but to no avail; it seemed a goner. I kept it out of distant hope that maybe it'll dry up inside and work one day. Today I plugged it into the PS4 just to test and the fucking thing charged and paired! Tested Driveclub with no issues. Hallelujah. Jesus is good. He can resurrect the dead just like I was told!

D-Man

I've only ever played 2048 on Vita, but I'm definitely buying this to support the series. Gotta keep futuristic racers alive somehow.

Shin-Ra

I think those are the first UHD photo mode pics with the added motion blur. (Twitter quality JPEGs)

WipEoutOmega_PM1.jpg

WipEoutOmega_PM2.jpg

WipEoutOmega_PM3.jpg

I want to love Wipeout but I'm so horrible at this game series that it infuriates me. I bought like 4-5 games in this series and I'm still terrible. /cry

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Sony XDev Europe tweeted you get a dynamic theme for pre-ordering on PSN, and there's another bonus for going digital - Van Uber.

Seems like a good game to have on my hard drive so I'll just get it digitally.
tumblr_n0216bjVKE1qgl9b2o1_500.gif

Is it possible to just preorder and then cancel once you get the bonuses? Because I do not want to go digital.

Looking at those pics, it's funny realising the actual scale of the ships. I always forget there are pilots in them and seeing them makes everything look bigger.

hawk2025

Chest-beating over remasters of one gen-old games going gold is a thing now?

Love me some WipEout though, I played the shit out of HD/Fury and 2048 when I got my PS3 and Vita. Beating Zico was one of my finest moments that gen.
Would love to see the series un-killed alongside Studio Liverpool for a new entry.

...It's a simple tweet, Jesus.

Melchiah

tumblr_n0216bjVKE1qgl9b2o1_500.gif

Is it possible to just preorder and then cancel once you get the bonuses? Because I do not want to go digital.

WTH?! I think that's the kind of behaviour (pre-ordering games for beta access and cancelling afterwards), why they changed that you have to actually pay for the pre-orders in advance. That's why we can't have good things.

Top Bottom