• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout goes gold

Time to re-rip the audio from the original PS1 games.

wipeout6qu6o.png

Never be without Wipeout OSTs.

dracula_x

so, pre-ordered digital and physical versions.

and if box art for JP version will be different from EU, then I'll pre-order that version too :)

Skyzard

Banned
I've only ever played 2048 on Vita, but I'm definitely buying this to support the series. Gotta keep futuristic racers alive somehow.

Don't miss out on Redout either when it comes to consoles. Fantastic game on PC. Helped me cope with not having a new wipeout.

I buy Sony consoles for new wipeout (by SL). The Vita version at 60fps would be cool and I'd be up for playing the same levels again and from HD even though I did that with the vita dlc...but I'm not getting a PS4 for it.

Even if it did well, a new wipeout is going to get botched. This is a nice last hurrah, I probably will get it for the collection now that I think about it but I think I'll part with wipeout here.

Unless the next one is actually good.

You said you've never even played wipeout before.

A new one without SL? What's the point.

Anybody know if the 3D mode is still in? I know, 3D TV's are dead. But I'd like to play it that way in higher resolution this time!

I hope loads of people buy this so that we got a proper new Wipeout instalment

Absolutely, we need a new WipEout. The fan-made concept for 'WipEout Deceit' really stands out as an incredible act of fan-art. Here's some screenshots in-case anyone hasn't seen it before, there's even some slick motion graphics on the website:

Let's make this thing sell so we might get a new WipEout in the future!

Anybody know if the 3D mode is still in? I know, 3D TV's are dead. But I'd like to play it that way in higher resolution this time!

Nah, I think it got canned. Suppose it'd be an unjustifiable amount of extra effort with no real payoff. Plus it might feel a bit shabby with 2048 not playable in 3D, too.

Gaenor

Banned
At last, I wanted so much this game to be remastered :

I just need a remaster of those games and I'm good:

• The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
  • Amped 1 & 2
I'd also take a WipEout HD/Fury remaster in 4K-HDR.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I know that on multiple occasions it has been said that there won't be a VR mode but my word if the game sells well please let us see a glimmer of hope...

Thumper is one of the coolest PSVR games I have and I can't even imagine what the Wipeout games would look like...

I've... never played a WipeOut game.

I'm really going out on a limb based on videos and opinions on the game. If it helps you guys get a new WipeOut, then hope it helps. =P

Carn82

I've got a feeling that 60fps might help this one quite a bit.
So far it's my least favourite one after Fusion. It's a very busy game and combined with the dirty look it made things barely playable when shit hit the fan, certainly in cockpit view.

Yeah; it was just a bit too much for the Vita. The more complex tracks, and 'brownish'/more realistic colorscheme and frameratehiccups didnt work out all that well. Not to mention the loading times.

kyser73

So USGaf, I see the PS1 OST is just Cold Storage - did it also come with the tracks:

P.E.T.R.O.L - Orbital
Chemical Beats - Chemical Brothers
Firestarter - The Prodigy

?

2097 still had the best OST of the series though. Fury comes a close second though - Machine Gun in Zone Mode especially.

So USGaf, I see the PS1 OST is just Cold Storage - did it also come with the tracks:

P.E.T.R.O.L - Orbital
Chemical Beats - Chemical Brothers
Firestarter - The Prodigy

?

First two tracks were on the commercially released 'Wipeout - The Music' compilation

coverttuym.jpg

Firestarter was released on the Wipeout 2097 compilation, was just an instrumental.

Top Bottom