• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Patch 1.08 will be releasing today. (Discussion/Impression Thread?)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Excitedly waiting for confirmation that the Claywich merchant bug is indeed fixed as stated. Please tell me the key now drops!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Excitedly waiting for confirmation that the Claywich merchant bug is indeed fixed as stated. Please tell me the key now drops!

I am so grateful that I never dealt with this bug on either of my playthroughs because it's one of the most frequently mentioned ones.

jett

D-Member
This wolven hour thing as a "fix" is idiotic. CDPR needs to think shit through before changing stuff.

And I see nothing about one of the DLC quests being fixed, which was broken by 1.07.

Fuck you Sony and your poor excuse for servers.

My download time went from 20 minutes to download the patch straight towards 10 hours. What in the actual fuck.

EDIT: Oh and now it is magically taking 120 minutes. Damn.

Drac84

Claywich Merchant fix!!!???

tumblr_ndt2lg5CU31rb9fwvo1_400.gif

Fuck you Sony and your poor excuse for servers.

My download time went from 20 minutes to download the patch straight towards 10 hours. What in the actual fuck.

EDIT: Oh and now it is magically taking 120 minutes. Damn.

Went from 18 minutes to 62 hours. And now it's on 20 hours. Ya.....y(?).

Fbh

Has anyone already downloaded the Ps4 patch? How's the performance?

None the less this is outrageous for a company this big, and then they dare to up the prices of the 3 months PS Plus subscription.

To be fair, downloading stuff isn't part of PS Plus. You can download patches without paying.

But even considering that speeds are laughably bad

Falifax

Just got done with the download on my PS4 and in update history under Version 1.08 it only states that there's New Game+ support and that's it.

Varjis

Wonder if this patch will reset my difficulty from Death Marches to Just the Story like 1.07 did.. (Have yet to find out if that screwed up the Death March difficulty achievement, changed it right back when I noticed it)

I have all the cards for Card Collector, guess I'll see if I get that achievement too.

BTM

Well poo, i just spent an hour last night on that black pearl quest. Ended up just letting it fail because the downers killed the dude instantly every time. Too far in to go back

NastyBook

Well poo, i just spent an hour last night on that black pearl quest. Ended up just letting it fail because the downers killed the dude instantly every time. Too far in to go back
I fucking wrecked those drowners. Sorry to hear so many people having problems with that particular quest.

BFIB

I ended up getting the pearl before the mission starts.

Vashetti

Banned
Well that was pointless, reinstalled the game (deleted it for space) and patched it, but I can't access any of my saves because of the missing DLC.

Which I can't download because of a temporary PSN ban.

opening and closing the quick select/signs menu seemed to make him invincible even though he was getting hit. so I repeatedly did that (while inching closer and closer) until I got right next to him and immediately used aard or agni. somehow I saved him after 7 or 8 tries.

Papacheeks

Banned
Thank You! Sweet Baby Jebus, finally can continue the main quest and talk to roach!!!

I'v been doing monster contracts, and secondary quest for like hours. Though most of the monster contracts are pretty freaking awesome.

I need to see more of what happened to roach after Witcher 2.

Thank You Based CDPJRED!

749956.png

Auctopus

Fixes a very rare issue which would cause Geralt to get stuck when trying to run.

Is this the invisible wall? Only encountered on Roach, got it the other day. It's very annoying and weird.

Heads chopped off during finishers will no longer disappear.

Was this a complaint or something? This is something I'd rather not have if it improved performance.

"Players can perform a roll just before landing to significantly reduce the damage caused by falling.

This is a godsend seeing as Geralt breaks his ankles walking off a curb.

No fix for the alchemy tip popping up every time you open the tab in the menu?

For people that use Galaxy, if you try and get the patch right when it releases, just download it manually from the "more/backup&extras" menu. Auto updating seems to get hammered into oblivion each time a patch is released.

And don't forget to update your gameplay.ini back to "MotionSicknessFocusMode=true". :D I still don't get why they don't have an in game toggle for that like the color blind setting.

It could be in my head, but setting "LeftStickSensitivity" to 0.5 in the platformgameplay.ini also seems like a nice improvement. Seems easier to walk without going into a sprint...but I could be wrong. This tweak seems to persist through patches, though.

New Patch again?! At Skellige atm and had a 2 week break, Novigrad was boring as shit, hope things get better from here on.

Pausing and resuming seems to do the trick most of the time. It is such an inconsistent piece of garbage. It goes from 8 minutes to 120 min, pause/resume, 5 min and after 30 seconds it goes up to 70 min.

Yeah pause and resume usually works for the entire download for me usually but for this one it only works for maybe 3-400 megs. This patch taking over a minute to resume doesn't help either. Sigh.

I fucking wrecked those drowners. Sorry to hear so many people having problems with that particular quest.

They killed the dude for me before I could even reach him to wreck the drowners. Reloaded a save and tried it again over 5 times and eventually gave up. :[

New Patch again?! At Skellige atm and had a 2 week break, Novigrad was boring as shit, hope things get better from here on.

Skellige more than makes up for Novigrad.

Reule

It might've been fixed for a bit now but did they ever fix whatever it was that was the problem with the alternate costume for Ciri?

This wolven hour thing as a "fix" is idiotic. CDPR needs to think shit through before changing stuff.

And I see nothing about one of the DLC quests being fixed, which was broken by 1.07.

The game works perfectly for the people before the patch.

The game works perfectly for the people starting the game after the patch.

The only problem is very specific cases of people that started their game before the patch but are still playing (and not everyone in that group).

Why should design the entire game for that incredibly specific set of people?

Forsythia

Went through the swamps on Xbox One and the performance seems mucht better than with 1.07. I hope it's the same for PS4.

painey

can't believe this is still more expensive than Arkham Knight. I should have jumped on that $43 target deal

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
While I cannot say for certain, I will state with a decent degree of confidence that my NPC pop-in, while far from perfect, does seem considerably improved. I ran through some key spots in Skellige that always seem to have issues, along with long stretches of Velen towns and through many streets of Novigrad mid day when they're at their busiest, and NPC pop-in was at worst limited to 2-3 NPCs in a large group, and at best completely eradicated. The former remaining issues were most prevalent at the Skellige locations. My run through Novigrad had not a single NPC pop in.

Take that with a massive grain of salt though, because I've thought it before and proven myself wrong after extended play.

Oh, and here's a shot because why the fuck not. Still one of the most insanely beautiful games ever.

15psdr.png

OEM

Time to play this again. I dont even know how far I am in the story, its too damn long though lol

J4g3r

Here's one of the tests I've done (PS4):

I fast traveled to the Glory Gate right outside Novigrad and sprinted to where Hattori's shop is. Normally I would have to wait a couple seconds for him to spawn in so I can talk to him, he was there straight away for me after installing 1.08.

I'm going to go check out the swamps now.

J4g3r

It still seems pretty frame-y to me in the swamps near Crookback Bog, mostly when it's raining or when in battle. (PS4)

Top Bottom