• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Upcoming Xbox One Patch To Include 30 FPS Lock

Gurish

The Xbox One version is running at a lower resolution. That makes the difference.
Yea but that didn't stop other PS4 games running better or as good with the better resolution, so what's the difference now? Seems to me that in open world games the gap is not as big, it happened in DA as well.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I don't really have much issue with the camera, but there is a stutter when simply walking on your horse. Happens on foot too, but to a lesser degree.

that sounds like this patches probably fixes that. i think that type of stutter was due to the unlocked framerate iirc

Sweet, by the time I open my collectors edition the game will be patched well :D

Really sucks it released at the same times as House of Wolves.

Welp. Is Trials of Osiris back today? I was thinking of picking up Witcher now that its patched, but that dam Destiny crack.

Orayn

Damn how can it be explained? is the CPU overclock is really making all the difference?

Assuming the game is GPU-bound (which is very likely is), it could mean that the Xbox One's resolution and graphical settings are less taxing on the XB1's GPU compared to the PS4's.

Sounds like the PS4 should be down res'd if thats the case.

::ducks from incoming flack::

CDPR could make a few nips and tucks in a future patch to improve PS4 performance without affecting the visuals much, if at all. It's always possible that some GPU resources are being wasted on things the player can't even see.

If it truly eliminates the stutter or at least makes it comparable to the PS4 version, I gladly switch back as I'd prefer to play on my Xbox :)

I thought the face-off showed the ps4 with more frame-rate issues than the Xbox One. not directing that the one had higher frame rate with it uncapped but due to the 20fps lock ps4 expereinced.

So, did the game ask you again to update after hitting cancel and exiting? Just wondering if I can skip this update. This patch does not address anything important to me and introduces a very serious bug, so I would rather just don't install it...

Bug? The one related to the xp? Think that is only affecting "1.04". Actually, I don't know what's really happening to some of you.

Impressions 1.03: maybe minor dips in the swamps with storms and all if I have to say something. It plays smooth but I didn't have much of a problem playing before the patch, so...

sinnergy

Now they just need to patch the dynamic resolution and we are set ;) :p I have the PS4 version btw (and also have a xbox one)

So the game seems smoother but I'm not sure everything else is exactly the same as pre-patch. I would like a video comparison to see if the texture loading is the same, view distance, etc. This locked framerate just seems too good to be true and I have a feeling, although I can't really tell, that something else may have been sacrificed. Also I killed some downers in some water on a beach and on ps4 the blood spreads into the water but I don't see that effect on the Xbox one.

Gurish

I totally agree with you.

Now let me take cover behind you.
Or why not actually give us options?? PS4 performance doesn't bother me as much as others and i much rather have the superior visuals, if they can give the option to lower IQ for FPS everybody should be happy.

Bug? The one related to the xp? Think that's only affecting "1.04". Besides, I don't know what happens really...

Nope, it should be fixed in 1.04 (which is not out yet), and affected both PC and PS4 (and now Xbox One). It consists on not gaining any XPs from doing quests 6 levels lower than the player's current level. Which sucks since quests are the main source of XPs in this game...

RedAssedApe

Banned
So the game seems smoother but I'm not sure everything else is exactly the same as pre-patch. I would like a video comparison to see if the texture loading is the same, view distance, etc. This locked framerate just seems too good to be true and I have a feeling, although I can't really tell, that something else may have been sacrificed. Also I killed some downers in some water on a beach and on ps4 the blood spreads into the water but I don't see that effect on the Xbox one.

yeah some people actually claim the 1.03 patch on ps4 also nerfed the visuals as well. but i haven't seen any comparisons to confirm this. i wouldn't be surprised though if they made some concessions that they think the average player might not be able to eyeball.

No clue but all I know is that the loading in the XB1 version is HORRIBLE.

ps4 loading is pretty bad in some instances too. think they might be longer than bloodborne pre-patch. like a minute or longer sometimes :\

jesu

Nope, it should be fixed in 1.04 (which is not out yet), and affected both PC and PS4 (and now Xbox One). It consists on not gaining any XPs from doing quests 6 levels lower than the player's current level. Which sucks since quests are the main source of XPs in this game...

I thought the bug was not getting XP from any quests, and not getting XP from quests 6 levels below was how it was designed :-/

RyudBoy

ps4 loading is pretty bad in some instances too. think they might be longer than bloodborne pre-patch. like a minute or longer sometimes :\

I see.

Yeah it's pretty bad on XB1, too. I died quite often because I'm playing on Death March difficulty. Not so much now that I've gotten stronger. :p

I see.

Yeah it's pretty bad on XB1, too. I died quite often because I'm playing on Death March difficulty. Not so much now that I've gotten stronger. :p
Yeah the long loading is most painful after you die lol, the initial load I can deal with but after dying 3 times in a row to Jenny of the woods I couldn't take the load times anymore so I turned the difficulty down from broken bones to sword and story. If I could reload the game quickly after dying I would play on the hardest difficulty.

Gurish

yeah some people actually claim the 1.03 patch on ps4 also nerfed the visuals as well. but i haven't seen any comparisons to confirm this. i wouldn't be surprised though if they made some concessions that they think the average player might not be able to eyeball.

ps4 loading is pretty bad in some instances too. think they might be longer than bloodborne pre-patch. like a minute or longer sometimes :
I didn't feel any drop in visual quality on PS4 after the patch, unless you see a comparison you shouldn't buy into it.

Oh, shit. I just did a couple. Hopefully they don't fall in that range. Thanks.
Do we know if that xp is lost forever and ever?

So what I'm gathering is that they finally patched in some of the much-needed graphical fixes (30fps lock etc.) that I've been waiting for this week, but now I need to wait again for the XP bug patch.

*sigh*

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Damn how can it be explained? is the CPU overclock is really making all the difference?

What, those are both damn close, but in any case one is 900p. 30% less pixels and negliable difference in frame rate?

MacBosse

Alright been playing with the patch now for more than an hour. I can confirm, the game is buttersmooth (in Skellinge). Awesome work CDPR

RedAssedApe

Banned
nice...i convinced my bro to buy it with his expiring credit. he saw gameplay videos after the fact and was like wtf...it looks like its runs like crap lol

this will be good for him

Karak

Admittedly the original version didn't bother me but the update makes a pretty god damned epic difference.

Top Bottom