• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order sequel is coming, but no sooner than 2017

MR4001

Great news! New Order was a wonderful suprise, and Old Blood was lots of fun. Can't wait to explore more parts of this alternate/fantasy history: MachineGames were so spot on with the all Nazi aesthetics.

70IQ4Te.jpg

Grisby

Nice. TNO and TOB were a ton of fun.

Best surprise game of last year.
Voice actors are the absolute worst at keeping secrets.
You should never tell your VA's what game they're working on.

"Wait, isn't this dialogue for the new Wolfenstien?"

"Uhhhh no, this for the meow mix Super Bowl commercial. Um, we're taking it in a new direction?"

DOWN

Banned
She's one of my favorite actors and I wish more people knew about her. I was so glad she was in Wolfenstein and good to hear that another is likely with her.

Althane

This is a good reminder for me to go finish TOB. TNO was one of the most sublime FPS experiences I've had, reaching back to the old Wolfenstein 3D games. I'm pumped for another Nazi-murdering romp through the world (and beyond?).

Hoping they use a new engine. Id Tech V.Whatever sucks ass.

Yeah the framerate lock and pop-in even with SSD and good specs was my main issue with both games. That's engine based though.

IK am in for another ride. TNO and TOB were some of the best experiences in FPS this generation / last gen. Mick Gordon's cover of the Partisan is still in my music rotation and makes me tear up almost every time.

Can feel the weight of the world pushing me down. I try to carry it nonetheless. One last time. Then I can rest.

IIRC, it was Three Dogs voice actor who outed Fallout 4 waaaaaay too early.

Judging by his subsequent tweets, he feels his relation with Bethesda has been ruined.
Idk why beth would be bad, literally everyone knew they were working on the game, all he did was just confirm he was in it

Cudder

I loved TNO, and Old Blood was fun as well, but I'd rather have a new The Darkness game, if it's possible for them to make.

Kalor

I wonder what they will do considering the ending of the last game. I really enjoyed New Order so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do.

like DIshonored 2, I wouldn'd mind playing Anya. Nazi germany was a very patriarcal society and playing a woman killing hordes of nazis could only open great lines in the world reacting to your action as a player " a polish, jewish, woman is making so much trouble, how is this possible ? " shouted the nazi officers, before you would impale them with a giant nail gun.

Also, I want to see france, in the New Order, the resistance is still active, and I want to see the US and africa or chinese front.

This

Also want to note that Anya being voiced by a Polish actress is a testament to how much work was put into making sure the cast were voiced by suitably appropriate and accurate regional accents and dialects rather than GENERIC AMERICAN GUY PUTTING ON ZE NAZI VOICE. Looking forward to Nina Franoszek returning for Frau Engel, another great character.

exactly

like DIshonored 2, I wouldn'd mind playing Anya. Nazi germany was a very patriarcal society and playing a woman killing hordes of nazis could only open great lines in the world reacting to your action as a player " a polish, jewish, woman is making so much trouble, how is this possible ? " shouted the nazi officers, before you would impale them with a giant nail gun.

Also, I want to see france, in the New Order, the resistance is still active, and I want to see the US and africa or chinese front.

All this. I'd be very excited as the notion of a protagonist Anya.

Blazcko
is alive... ;-) ?

Im pretty certain
that he is alive. When you finish the credit roll, you can hear the sound of the helicopter. In my mind, that meant maybe they saved him from the window he was looking out of at the end.

But that's just my two cents.

eFKac

I just watched the interview.

Lol she's not even subtle, the only thing she didn't do is to directly drop the name :-D

The
Moon base
level is easily one of my favorites in recent gaming memory. Do we need spoilers in this thread?

The music is SO fucking atmospheric. Feels like you're at evil Epcot Center/Space Mountain.

The
Moon Room
in the
London Nautica
was fucking amazing as well.

What TNO did so well was give you little bits of the larger world around you, but not too much. I desperately wanted to know more about how fucked the world really was. They really nailed that aspect, as well as if not better than BioShock did. I really hope they keep that balance in the new one.

Having said that, if the world building aspect was my favorite part of TNO, will I like TOB as much? I've heard mixed impressions about it.

antitrop

Machine game was made by ex Riddick games guys, right? Man would a new Riddick game by these guys be awesome.

Riddick, The Darkness, and Syndicate, yes.

Syndicate is a weird one, as it was in development partially in parallel with The New Order, but some Starbreeze guys went over to MachineGames to finish up Wolfenstein when their work on Syndicate was done.

Top Bottom