• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: TNO is unplayable without patch [Bethesda denies; See OP]

ElRenoRaven

I'm asking around to find out if this is true, but out of curiosity, what makes you guys think some random Twitter account with an Xbox avatar and 1 follower is a reliable source of information on a video game that isn't out yet?

Good to hear because I'll not be buying it if this is true. Even if I was buying digital I won't support practices like this just out of principle. Also yea first thing I thought of when I saw the twitter account was is this legit or just a random troll.

*edit*

Good to hear that this is just a troll. Now bring on the game. Damn MS and their lack of pre-loading.

Just checked the original source : for the love of God

The guy has 200
Tweets and 20 followers and THAT is the source ? I mean come on folks this kind of news needs to be treated with good sources. Anyone can say something which might not be true

Um no.

He has one follower. The 20+ figure is following.

:lol

daveo42

Banned
This info is inaccurate.

The game has the same installation steps that other Xbox One and PS4 games have out there, and particularly on PS4, it installs very quickly (I was surprised how fast it was).

I can tell you that I've played the game on my PS4 and Xbox One without having a retail patch installed at home, and showing the game during a livestream as early as Tuesday, the game was not installing a day 1 patch.

Capture.jpg

Thanks for the good news on this.

Check the source before you post people, Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. Before you know it, some second rate blog will start pushing it as fact.

Bundy

Banned
Some "guy" on twitter with one follower is posting .... (let's say) "stuff" about a game and we start calling this news-worthy, OP? Really?

I'm asking around to find out if this is true, but out of curiosity, what makes you guys think some random Twitter account with an Xbox avatar and 1 follower is a reliable source of information on a video game that isn't out yet?

We need to reach our daily meltdown quota!

x-Lundz-x

This info is inaccurate.

The game has the same installation steps that other Xbox One and PS4 games have out there, and particularly on PS4, it installs very quickly (I was surprised how fast it was).

I can tell you that I've played the game on my PS4 and Xbox One without having a retail patch installed at home, and showing the game during a livestream as early as Tuesday, the game was not installing a day 1 patch.

Capture.jpg

Thank you for the update! Even though I have no issues with downloading patches I know others are not as lucky.

Andrew.

Banned
Some "guy" on twitter with one follower is posting .... (let's say) "stuff" about a game and we start calling this news-worthy, OP? Really?

I cant access Twitter at work and people were talking about it in the OT so all I could do was post the link. If I couldve seen it, I wouldve been able to tell it was BS. Glad it's cleared up.

Come on guys... saying any Bethesda game is 'playable' without the patch is kind of an exaggeration.
They basically sell betas to their games, we all know it.

gstaff

Thanks. Can you confirm the size of the Day 1 patch?

I don't know off hand, I'll see if I can find out.

Just a little more on my experience playing the game. Once you put in the disc on PS4, the game becomes playable quickly. Like most of you I'm new to the next gen experience, so I'm not 100% sure that it's not continuing to install the game in the background, but it's fully playable in a matter of minutes. (I know other games, like NBA2K, let you play the game while it's installing, but in a limited capacity... Spurs vs. Heat with music instead of commentary.)

While we're at it, I've also played on Xbox One at home (and live with Machinima) without the title update. As soon as you put the game in, like other Xbox One titles, the game begins installing. Somewhere between 10 & 20%, it becomes "Ready to Play". After that, the game will continue to install in the background.

Seanspeed

Banned
If you are such a warrior for the consumer why do you have internet right now? Go make sacrifices for the greater good mr pro-consumer! Cancel your ISP and show them you won't stand for it! Stand up to ATT, Verizon, Comcast etc.

Oh, you won't? Don't fucking preach to me then.
Thought it was obvious I was being sarcastic dude.

Are you going to share them or should I start scouring the whole internet?

The sources are gstaff and myself in this very thread. At least that I know off.
This info is inaccurate.

Capture.jpg

Here's the deal. At our headquarters (of two of the biggest dutch gaming websites) we have the retail version (PS4-version). It works, without a patch. So there's that. I'm not saying everyone else is wrong, but it works on our (retail) PS4. Hope this helps.

Edit: ah, I see someone beat me to it. Alright, crisis averted anyway.

You're welcome! :)

I'm wondering if they even plan to release the "definitive patched edition" with dlc in a year or so. I don't feel like downloading 20GB of data with patch 1,2,3,4 and then another X amount of GB for DLC

Because it's a negative story. We don't need sources or verification before we start the rage circle.

You'd think after the Dodd/Driveclub debacle people would think twice about jumping on a story as fact. That shit can have real consequences.

Donos

Even if this was true, can someone explain to me why its the end of the world?

Just patch your game, whoopdee do

??? You go out to buy a SP game, go back home and can't play it because your internet is not working (no matter why). A SP game not working out of the box with no warning label on the package or something? That would not have been concerning to you? And even if the internet is working, not everybody has the speed to power through a 5-7 GB patch in one day (i have).

Red Mage

I know it's just a rumor, but maybe if Bethesda didn't have a history of doing this, it wouldn't be so quickly accepted.

From a collectors standpoint I really hate this kind of thing. in the future once the console is past its life cycle and the servers have shut down this game is lost unless they still sell it and the discs will be worthless.

This is my problem with it.

I have great internet speed were i live, but thats not the point. As a collector - who is willing to support the guys who create my games - Its all about game preservation.

If its true that Wolfenstein wont work out of the box, or that i cant play the game from start to finish without the patch, then i`m not willing to "waste" my money on a game with an expiration date.

I wanted to buy Wolfenstein day one, but now not anymore. I will wait and see how this unfoldes.

Top Bottom