• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisal233

Looks like he's been here for about 5 months to solely post this kind of stuff in the political topics. Hmm.

Please define "this kind of stuff."

giphy.gif

Boylamite

Everyone in supermax is suffering. If clemency for manning is right because she is suffering, what about everyone else?

Classic JAQoff. But I will bite. Not that you want an answer.

I'll admit I was fooled by Wikileaks, thinking they were interested in transparancy for the benefit of a more informed population. I was wrong. Pizzagate sadly proved that in spades.

I do believe that was the prime motivator for Manning though.

So how many of you are outraged at wikileaks and Russia while also celebrating Mannings clemency?

WikiLeaks of 2010 is not the WikiLeaks of 2016. And most of the issue around Manning was the clear violation of Constitutional rights, not so much the fact that she did leak the information (which pretty much nobody would deny).

So how many of you are outraged at wikileaks and Russia while also celebrating Mannings clemency?
Hot take: it's possible to think that what Manning did was wrong, but also think that the punishment to what Manning did was above and beyond a necessary or even humane reaction.

Jeremy

Excellent read, thank you for sharing. Enlightening to hear an intelligence officer's take on the situation.

This was a big part of it that concerned me. Sure, Trump and Russia "get along" now (I use quotation marks because getting along at this point entails so little, all Trump has to do is not point the finger directly at Russia and all the Kremlin has to do is not leak the kompromat; will be a different story when policy and lives are at stake) but what happens when Trump pushes back? Maybe the American public can use this time to get the hell over golden showers and realize everybody has a kink or two.

The bigger question for me is what happens when we keep waiting and he doesn't push back?

Game Guru

This was a big part of it that concerned me. Sure, Trump and Russia "get along" now (I use quotation marks because getting along at this point entails so little, all Trump has to do is not point the finger directly at Russia and all the Kremlin has to do is not leak the kompromat; will be a different story when policy and lives are at stake) but what happens when Trump pushes back? Maybe the American public can use this time to get the hell over golden showers and realize everybody has a kink or two.

What happens if the kompromat leaked is the same thing that Donald Trump did for the "Grab Them By The Pussy" video. Trump will deflect it as only the Teflon Don could, Trump's supporters won't give a damn, and Trump's opponents will add it to the long list of reasons why he is totally unfit to be President. Nothing changes, and Putin realizes that errors have been made. Kompromat does not work on people who are completely unfiltered, and that is exactly who Donald Trump is. The only reason why it might work now is that Donald Trump thinks it might work, but he's the American Boris Yeltsin.

BowieZ

Banned
What happens if the kompromat leaked is the same thing that Donald Trump did for the "Grab Them By The Pussy" video. Trump will deflect it as only the Teflon Don could, Trump's supporters won't give a damn, and Trump's opponents will add it to the long list of reasons why he is totally unfit to be President. Nothing changes, and Putin realizes that errors have been made. Kompromat does not work on people who are completely unfiltered, and that is exactly who Donald Trump is. The only reason why it might work now is that Donald Trump thinks it might work, but he's the American Boris Yeltsin.
A kompromat adds credibility to allegations of treason.

Nafai1123

Banned
A kompromat adds credibility to allegations of treason.

Everyone's so focused on the pee tape when the fact is other kompromat showing actual treason is certainly a possibility (financial records/transactions). Even if Trump doesn't care about a sex tape he may certainly care about financial docs.

Patience young Jedi. The mills of Justice grind slowly.
It took a year for Watergate.

Not saying that it will go faster, but we are also dealing with somebody who runs the risk of publicly flying off the handle (er, further) if a more substantial case is assembled against him. Like everyone says, uncharted waters and so forth. We don't even know how he'll react if conflict of interest charges are leveled against him (I'm a novice here, so I actually don't know how they'd circumvent GOP legislators who are busy plugging their ears.)

The bigger question for me is what happens when we keep waiting and he doesn't push back?

Seriously, what's motivating Trump's enthusiasm for Putin's cock? If it's just fear of financial & personal compromising materials, it makes me question the severity of the wrongdoing. Does he really think Russia and the US are going to suddenly get along militarily? Does it have something to do with Rex Tillerson and his interests in Russia? I have teh concern!

During the Cold War a Kremlin denial was the surest way to know something was at least partially if not totally true.

It's interesting to consider the approaches to responding to accusations. You can deny it outright, you can ignore it, you can make counter-accusations, you can explain some of it is true and might give the appearance of something else...

Seriously, what's motivating Trump's enthusiasm for Putin's cock? If it's just fear of financial & personal compromising materials, it makes me question the severity of the wrongdoing.

While substantial dirt is likely, the simplest answer suffices: he'd love to be like Putin and be able to decide who lives and who dies, as evidenced by his Central Park 5 obsession. No motivation there of Russian benefits/blackmail.

Edit: Many would disagree with Gudkov's assessment of him as a "pro-American politician." If it's a standoff between his properties/base and Russia, he'll likely side with us, but he has been the first to admit that he is not the "president of everyone." He wouldn't lift a finger if Putin, Assange and the gang attack the governor/administration of an oppositional state like California.

Gattsu25

Banned
Interesting.

Some of what he said is actually somewhat worrying, in the sense that Steele may have uncovered intel that parts of are actually prespun kompromat, that there maybe some truth which has already been added to with fabrications making it very difficult to determine what is real and what might just be BS made up by the FSB. And if Russian sources fed him this intel, it could be they are intentionally leaking the false kompromat, in order to discredit Trump and thus discredit America on the global stage.

All the pro Russia shit and anti NATO stuff though just seems too perfect though if there is actually no Russian influence directing him to say such things. In other words, they may have just found a perfect idiot.

I dunno now I'm like in conspiracy theory about a conspiracy territory here..... god damn.
Wasn't that the conclusion of the Steele Intel? That Russia decided against bribing Trump because he was a willing idiot

rjinaz

Obama has a press conference tomorrow that was just mentioned on the MSNBC. Wonder if it will have anything interesting.

I don't think Obama touches this mess. Honestly it feels like the more he gets involved the more the detractors will dig in. We're going to have to leave it up to congress, god help us.

I don't think Obama touches this mess. Honestly it feels like the more he gets involved the more the detractors will dig in. We're going to have to leave it up to congress, god help us.

Probably right. He definitely wouldn't announce a news conference ahead of time to say something of that importance. Congress is spineless since its controlled by the GOP. They won't do anything.

He's gonna resign and let Biden be President for 48hrs. Wheeeee!
Not only would this piss off Trump by making him the 46th as opposed to 45th, it would let us have President Biden even for a short bit.

Wait wait wait, I just realized. If Obama does comment on the investigation, could he make an executive order to delay it until the investigation is over, and resign with the condition Ryan becomes the Vp? It's crazy I know.

Avixph

Not only would this piss off Trump by making him the 46th as opposed to 45th, it would let us have President Biden even for a short bit.

Wait wait wait, I just realized. If Obama does comment on the investigation, could he make an executive order to delay it until the investigation is over, and resign with the condition Ryan becomes the Vp? It's crazy I know.
Hmmm interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom