• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox just changed my gamertag. They want me to pay to change it

Retro

Ahahahaha, the avatar changed too. Cannot have it so hard to see though;

K6soVsq.png

Parapraxis

If you're referring to my OP as a post of a self-righteous fury then the GAF hyperbole talk is real. The righteous reactions in this thread have almost been as funny as the GIFs and images that have been created.

It's all been in good fun. I'm not trying to make MS out to be some evil corporation over this.

Embrace it! Create the legacy of FaintColt388301!

Z..

Oh, Gaf... never change.

Though I must say, I find gaf's tendency for these lynch mob type ocurrences incresingly disturbing and quite hypocritical... Especially considering how everyone tries so fiercely to paint themselves as PC and tolerant around here. We've got some serious issues, as a community.

Retro

Oh, Gaf... never change.

Though I must say, I find gaf's tendency for these lynch mob type ocurrences incresingly disturbing and quite hypocritical... Especially considering how everyone tries so fiercely to paint themselves as PC and tolerant around here. We've got some serious issues, as a community.

Haha, "lynch mob"... okay. This thread is like 90% people responding to the mod edit or the images. Anybody getting bent out of shape needs to relax and enjoy the ride, this has been one of the most hilarious thread backfires we've had in a while and the OP is being a super good sport about it. I wish my tag had half as awesome of a story as this thread has.

Some one needs to make his member tag be Memberrr

Linking to this thread, yes. Totally needs to happen.

asocirev

Amazing thread, and best GIFs since Tony Hawk! I'm impressed with the OP taking this so well. Got a great story now!

Corpekata

Banned
Oh, Gaf... never change.

This may be dumber than what the OP said.

Lynch mob for some goofy gifs and a name change.

Z..

This may be dumber than what the OP said.

Lynch mob for some goofy gifs and a name change.

Haha, "lynch mob"... okay. This thread is like 90% people responding to the mod edit or the images. Anybody getting bent out of shape needs to relax and enjoy the ride, this has been one of the most hilarious thread backfires we've had in a while and the OP is being a super good sport about it. I wish my tag had half as awesome of a story as this thread has.

Don't get me wrong, I perfectly agree with all of this and absolutely love it.
I'm just not gonna pretend it isn't essentially bullying someone just for some cheap laughs. The OP's fine with it? Kudos to him for knowing how to take a joke. But if that wasn't the case (which does happen) it's not like we would ever stop because of that. Again, it's the lynch mob mentality. Stuff like this is mostly fine, but there is a darker side to this, like plenty of past detective gaf incidents.

I'm absolutely fine with this, myself. I couldn't stop giggling for the whole ride! I just think we need to be mature enough as a community to admit we're not as squeaky clean as we make ourselves out to be and that this isn't as harmless as it may seem.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Don't get me wrong, I perfectly agree with all of this and absolutely love it.
I'm just not gonna pretend it isn't essentially bullying someone just for some cheap laughs. The OP's fine with it? Kudos to him for knowing how to take a joke. But if that wasn't the case (which does happen) it's not like we would ever stop because of that. Again, it's the lynch mob mentality. Stuff like this is mostly fine, but there is a darker side to this, like plenty of past detective gaf incidents.

I'm absolutely fine with this, myself. I couldn't stop giggling for the whole ride! I just think we need to be mature enough as a community to admit we're not as squeaky clean as we make ourselves out to be and that this isn't as harmless as it may seem.

Yeah GAF is a real class act.
wSFqxpI.gif

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Hey if OP had a username like mine there would have been no problems at all :p

image.php

What was OP's original username?

shandy706

Haha, great thread.

Makes me realize I was never one that would make names like that though.

I had call-signs and game nicknames for characters from the age of 12 (or earlier) and up. Never had something one would consider "immature".

I just shake my head when I see names like that.

Rockondevil

Seems like you got everything you deserve. They gave you chances and you threw them away.
And regardless of that, thanks just for making this thread. Some of these pictures/gifs are the greatest.

Top Bottom