• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox just changed my gamertag. They want me to pay to change it

Came in here ready to empathize with the OP. After reading the OP, I have to say, I have zero empathy for your situation.

You had plenty of opportunities to change your name to something more appropriate FOR FREE and you squandered it.

Pay up.

giphy.gif
Read the whole thread, best thing I've done today. Holy fuck this gif, I'M WEAK 😂😂

Dicktatorship

Same thing happened with my old GT Dicktatorship. I have the word Dick in my last name so it's not like it was a pun about dicks or anything. Fucking corporate fascists don't like Dicks I guess.

Came in here ready to empathize with the OP. After reading the OP, I have to say, I have zero empathy for your situation.

You had plenty of opportunities to change your name to something more appropriate FOR FREE and you squandered it.

Pay up.

Pay up? I'm gonna trademark faintcolt and get paid every time it's said in here. O

Joke is on yall.

Sell your 360/XB1, buy a PS4/WiiU, and spend your time going on review sites and downvoting the XB1, sharing your story each time and vowing that you will let others know so that Microsoft will feel the pain from changing your name and screwing you over.

Or, like, just pay the ten bucks and don't change it to ButtSmasherrrr when you do.

oni-link

Pay up? I'm gonna trademark faint colt and get paid every time it's said in here. O

Joke is on yall.

Glad you're taking it well, most people only have a gamertag, you my friend, have a story

You woke up today a butt smasher
rr
but will go to sleep tonight as the Faintest of Colts

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
My wife opined that perhaps "Buttsmasher" has a long, cherished history in OP's family. So I took it upon myself to create a Game of Thrones-style banner for him;

But since the name has changed, I thought an update would be appropriate;
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

mrpeabody

I can understand that my name might have been inappropriate and why they would make me change it but to have to pay $10 in order to do so is pretty dumb. Is there anything I can do ot has anybody else had the same problem?

The number of people who are dumb enough to want a name like that AND dumb enough to flip MS the bird in their own house AND ALSO dumb enough to post about it in a self-righteous fury like it's anybody's fault but their own is actually surprisingly large.

The number of people who are dumb enough to want names like that AND dumb enough to flip MS the bird in their own house AND ALSO dumb enough to post about it in a self-righteous fury like it's anybody's fault but their own is actually surprisingly large.

If you're referring to my OP as a post of a self-righteous fury then the GAF hyperbole talk is real. The righteous reactions in this thread have almost been as funny as the GIFs and images that have been created.

It's all been in good fun. I'm not trying to make MS out to be some evil corporation over this.

Top Bottom