• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox just changed my gamertag. They want me to pay to change it

Faltimar

Should have picked a more appropriate name. Not something that might offend someone/people. You dope, pay your fine and change your name to something acceptable.

Tudor

Is there actually a 3 strike policy for live regarding gamer tags? I haven't really read the fine print to be aware of one.

Anyway. Thank you again neoGAF for making my day just that little bit better.

Also OP gets +1 internets.

HF2014

giphy.gif

Ok, im literally dying here. This is too much!!!
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

So a little backstory.

I originally had my gamertag as ButtSmasher about 4 years ago. It got flagged for being inappropriate so they made me change it. They let me do so free of charge and I ended up just adding an R to it and had the name ButtSmasherr. Same thing happened not to long after and I did the same thing and added another r leaving me with the name ButtSmasherrr. I haven't had any problems since then. It's been over 3 years.

Then today I log on to play Gears after not really touching my Xbox for about a month and my name is now FaintColt388301. I tried to change it because that name is dumb and they want me to pay $9.99 in order to do so.

I can understand that my name might have been inappropriate and why they would make me change it but to have to pay $10 in order to do so is pretty dumb. Is there anything I can do ot has anybody else had the same problem?

You had your two freebies. You elected to keep a name you knew could be (was) offensive. Now you gotta pay. You have only yourself to blame.

FWIW I'm not offended by you smashing butts. Say hi to CBOAT for me. But yeah, that was playing roulette by just adding an 'r' to it. More than once. Sooner or later the chamber is full mate.
No pun intended on smashing butts and filling the chamber.

Good on you for being a sport about the whole thing though. I wish I could stumble upon something to give my GAF name or tag a story behind it lol. I'm far to average on this site to warrant a cool link or mod edit to my tag, unfortunately.

ButterSmasher is much better than ButtSmasher. Lost opportunity.

I died.

Well, if this thread isn't the funniest in a minute..lol.

Oh, Gaf... never change.

Though I must say, I find gaf's tendency for these lynch mob type ocurrences incresingly disturbing and quite hypocritical... Especially considering how everyone tries so fiercely to paint themselves as PC and tolerant around here. We've got some serious issues, as a community.

What an odd post in such an amusing, innocent thread. Lynch mob? Disturbing and hypocritical? Good grief..at least save it for a thread where the OP is complaining..sheesh.

My wife opined that perhaps "Buttsmasher" has a long, cherished history in OP's family. So I took it upon myself to create a Game of Thrones-style banner for him;

But since the name has changed, I thought an update would be appropriate;

I can't. The internet is yours for the day. All of it. Use it mercifully.

Warablo

I just ran into a FaintColt number gamertag on R6 beta, but I don't think it was from here. Maybe they change all the changed gamertags to that.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Paying MS to change a tag is cheap.
Buying GAF Gold will ruin a man.

Guys what if Buttsmasherr brainwashed his best friend into becoming another Buttsmasherr to spread his legend, but the double got his name changed to FaintColt? So now we have the original Buttsmasherr, and his phantom FaintColt. How far does the rabbit hole go?

Ushay

Next morning at work, I'm still laughing at this. Just brilliant.

Possibly the best backfire thread ever, who should I applaud?

CREMSteve

So a little backstory.

I originally had my gamertag as ButtSmasher about 4 years ago. It got flagged for being inappropriate so they made me change it. They let me do so free of charge and I ended up just adding an R to it and had the name ButtSmasherr.

Not reading the whole thread, but I can't be the only one that figured they had changed it to ButtrSmasher.

Would have solved all their problems.

Wild Card

That name change. Yeah OP they totally gave you chances to change it, could have come up with something else, like Posterior Obliterator or something, I don't know if there system would have caught that. But at the same time I remember when they didn't use to charge for that shit, so I can't say I can side with MS that much either.

shoreu

Oh, Gaf... never change.

Though I must say, I find gaf's tendency for these lynch mob type ocurrences incresingly disturbing and quite hypocritical... Especially considering how everyone tries so fiercely to paint themselves as PC and tolerant around here. We've got some serious issues, as a community.

Get him.

Top Bottom