• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One specs from Hot Chips session (8GB Flash, 1.31TFlops, 204GB/s peak BW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metfanant

First number seems a 5:

XBO_diagram_WM.jpg

Also here:

XBO_GPU_WM.jpg

3something with coherent, 5something otherwise

hmm...

DRAM access
CPU-cache-
coherent
36(?)GB/sec

then...

DRAM access
Non-CPU-cache-
coherent
58(?)GB/sec
(Incl coherent 'xxxx')

hmm...

DRAM access
CPU-cache-
coherent
36(?)GB/sec

then...

DRAM access
Non-CPU-cache-
coherent
58(?)GB/sec

5something (including coherent bw), so you top at 5something going full non-coherent, or 3something going full-coherent.
Real top bandwidth in the middle.

My personal problem with the DBZ posts is that I've never watched DBZ so all of this tech jargan actually makes more sense to me that whatever 9000x a vegetta is.

On topic... lines up with the leaks. I think Kotaku was the first major site to post the specs so kudos to them.

Dlacy13g

idk at this point...Jesus, someone needs to give this guys a lesson in snapping pics....at least we get some clear pics from the useless gaming press lol

was thinking the same thing. he snaps pics with the video camera in front of him in focus not the screen....brilliant.

Metfanant

5something (including coherent bw), so you top at 5something going full non-coherent, or 3something going full-coherent.
Real top bandwidth in the middle.

if thats the case then im going to assume...

3x full coherent
68 full non-coherent (because this is a number we have been pretty solid on for some time)

then something in the middle is "realistic"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My personal problem with the DBZ posts is that I've never watched DBZ so all of this tech jargan actually makes more sense to me that whatever 9000x a vegetta is.

On topic... lines up with the leaks. I think Kotaku was the first major site to post the specs so kudos to them.

For me it's annoying since I watched most of DBZ but all of the comparisons use characters from after I stopped watching. The tech stuff makes more sense to me too.

billy323

Banned
I imagine the 8gig flash will probably be used for some kind of sleep function (a bit like Hibernation on windows), where the contents of the ram will be written to it ready for quick power on

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I pulled that 0.1TFlops straight out of my ass.

But still, 0.5TFlops is a meaningless therm for me, could someone compare that to a (old) console? Is it like XB1+Dreamcast scenario?

I imagine the 8gig flash will probably be used for some kind of sleep function (a bit like Hibernation on windows), where the contents of the ram will be written to it ready for quick power on
Why not let the ram go sleep directly?

billy323

Banned

But still, 0.5TFlops is a meaningless therm for me, could someone compare that to a (old) console? Is it like XB1+Dreamcast scenario?

So you can kill it mid game or what ever you are doing and resume from there

Portugeezer

slightly better than rumored flop rating i think.

1.3Tflops is spot on what was "guesstimated" since the 53Mhz increase if I am not mistaken.

As for peak bandwidth, sounds like a crock of shit spin.

A PS4? It's like an Xbox One + 2 Xbox 360's

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The GPU used to be. Up clock changed the numbers to 37% or so. Also, the actual performance probably won't be 37% greater.

True, it will probably be greater thanks to the memory architecture.

Skeff

XB1 + xb360 + xb360 = PS4

In the sense of pure TFLOPS comparison.

Obscured

Don't care too much about the pissing contest, but I am interested in how devs can make use of this and how it compares to current PC specs and how much headroom is there (meaning is this something they can grow into and we'll see improvement over the expected long life of these consoles)?

Seems like part of the issue with the PS3 the inability to wring out the power inherent in the box. I like the direction that it appears PS4 is going in with keeping it (seemingly) simple and while X1 seems more complex one thing MS always does pretty well is the creation of dev toolsets, so I wouldn't be too concerned in that regard.

What I don't really get yet is what impact these numbers are going to have. Based on what I've seen so far I think I'm going to be pretty happy with both boxes, and while from some of the E3 and Gamescom news seems like resolution and framerate might be concerns, but also seems like some of that could just be the final polishing/optimizing for games. Is it a concern though, that there won't be room for improvement (I'm assuming no and we are going to see some awesome stuff year, year and a half in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom