• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEra - Every First Party Xbox Game Will Launch Day One on Game Pass - Sarah Bond

DaGwaphics

Good to know. With all the changes it always makes you wonder if they are going to change things up there.

CoD day one will be quite the advertisement for the service.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
And you’re going to see some more really big games going into Game Pass later this year.”

Wonder what these are 🤔 What else does MS have for 2024 besides Hellblade and CoD Black Ops 9 or whatever this next one is? I honestly don’t know.

I guess there were those rumors of Avowed and Indy hitting this year.

There is very intentional language being used by Bond in this interview.

I don’t trust a single thing that Microsoft says or any of their bullshit management group.

Would you trust someone who evaluates Xbox's current poor hardware position as being industry wide (I've shortened the quotes):

Dina: “The energy around the console right now is a little challenged, many of the hardcore long-term consumers are worried”

Sarah: “Yeah, at first the worry that I see is happening across the industry and I think that a lot of what we see is just industry all up."

Very careful and calculated response of complete bullshit.

Bond is a slimy person and Xbox has become a poison swamp.

And you’re going to see some more really big games going into Game Pass later this year.”

Wonder what these are 🤔 What else does MS have for 2024 besides Hellblade and CoD Black Ops 9 or whatever this next one is? I honestly don’t know.

She could literally just be talking about what is already announced. It's one of their biggest years ever for GP. Hellblade, Avowed, Indiana Jones. Not surprised if Kunitsu-Gami (Capcom) is this year. Probably Gears next year. Activision, who knows. But they're going to say something since they're having that Call of Duty event after their Xbox Event.

DaGwaphics

Indy would be a great bonus at the end of the year along with CoD. Year would really be packed if Avowed hit somewhere this year as well.

These morons really are fucking dumb as a bunch of rocks! Gamepass has completely ruined the brand yet they want to still go all in on it. Self destruction must be the idea here from these clowns. Xbox is a joke and the people running it into oblivion are morons of the highest degree.

They have never said Call of Duty Black Ops 5 will be available day 1 on Gamepass. If it were true, you would think they would be screaming it from the rooftops. She could be easily referring to older Call of Duty games. It's weird she wouldn't use that moment to say Black OPs 5, the biggest release of the year. Especially when Xbox is getting buried at this very moment

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Some big third party deals, probably.

I think LaD: Infinite Wealth is a guarantee, all recent Yakuza games go on GP 6~ months after release.

Last edited:

Tfault

First time in these threads on GAF? Some of these posts are people who have spent years desperately throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks when it comes to the end of GamePass. There is nothing anyone can say or anything that can happen that will change the posts or threads. Just look at the spin already happening in this thread. And I love reading it.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

I mean you literally have someone trying to argue that “across the entire slate” doesn’t mean everything 😆😆

Look into my post history you will see I am not into system wars, so yeah you could say that :messenger_winking:

Seems given the discussions on Microsoft and Gampass going on I thought it might be interesting and worth debating despite who's 'side' you are on.

Orbital2060

This doesn't necessarily end the debate.

She never explicitly said that COD games would launch on Game Pass day one.

They could also have a very extended (30 days or more) early access period, only available for buyers, not available on Game Pass. They could introduce a new, more expensive ($30 or more) tier that has Activision games.

There are a lot of things that are still intentionally vague.
We will probably know after the showcase in a month.

g4eFYdv.jpeg

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
CoD wouldn't affect me at all. Haven't played one since WaW.

I don't do MP but I wouldn't mind all those legacy CoD campaigns on the service.

Has been a long time since I replayed Infninte Warfare, which I still maintain is the best Killzone campaign we never got.

I don't do MP but I wouldn't mind all those legacy CoD campaigns on the service.

Has been a long time since I replayed Infninte Warfare, which I still maintain is the best Killzone campaign we never got.
Yeah, I have zero interest in CoD. I'd try some old campaigns but that's it. Probably not my thing, but I haven't really played it ever.

DavidGzz

You're right, the campaigns are a good romp. I'll check them out for that. Just been out of MP mood for a long time.

Metnut

She’s not in position to make this promise. Neither is Phil Spencer. When you spend $80,000,000,000 in acquisitions the people at the top of the company are going to have a big say in things and are going to want to maximize ROI.

GHG

Gold Member
Would you trust someone who evaluates Xbox's current poor hardware position as being industry wide (I've shortened the quotes):

Dina: “The energy around the console right now is a little challenged, many of the hardcore long-term consumers are worried”

Sarah: “Yeah, at first the worry that I see is happening across the industry and I think that a lot of what we see is just industry all up."

I think if they say anything else the Satya will immediately chop them.

It benefits them (and the remained of their fanbase who still cling on to their every word for whatever reason) to put up this pretence that the whole industry is crumbling when in actual fact it's just them.

All self inflicted as well.

Last edited:

Klayzer

First time in these threads on GAF? Some of these posts are people who have spent years desperately throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks when it comes to the end of GamePass. There is nothing anyone can say or anything that can happen that will change the posts or threads. Just look at the spin already happening in this thread. And I love reading it.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

I mean you literally have someone trying to argue that “across the entire slate” doesn’t mean everything 😆😆
Sorry, we're not a sucker like you to believe anything that comes out of a Xbox executive's mouth. So keep pretending like you're the smart one.

Tfault

She’s not in position to make this promise. Neither is Phil Spencer. When you spend $80,000,000,000 in acquisitions the people at the top of the company are going to have a big say in things and are going to want to maximize ROI.

She maybe cannot promise anything, but she will be involved with internal discussions no doubt and have an good idea of the direction Microsoft want to take with gaming. No?

But I get that Sarah Bond and Phil are the PR front also :unsure:

Tfault

I should have put a ? after :messenger_pensive: Will do an edit.

Certainly has not ended anything.

Last edited:

rapid32.5

By the time a new COD reaches day one GamePass, the service will be $25 a month, so they don’t lose profit and actually make more money in three month.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Damn.

You can tell from that tweet xbox execs aren't running the show anymore.
Yeah and her face when asked about the closures. Looked like she was trying to swallow something foul. I know the face, it’s when you’re told to do something you disagree with.

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
Man at this point, I'm just buckled in and ready to see where this ride takes us. We heading to a cliff or somewhere else?

rm082e

They can literally reverse course on any decision at any moment, as we just saw with Tango.

They could issue a statement in September saying "We've decided not to release COD on Game Pass at launch for strategic reasons." and then follow that with a paragraph that reads like they're listening to fan feedback and giving them what they want. They'll then talk in circles when they get interviewed.

Same with the idea of them putting out next generation Xbox hardware - they said they're working on it and it's going to be the biggest leap ever. They could change their mind and kill it anytime up until the units are being shipped to the stores.

Mephisto40

I honestly would not get your hopes up about having COD on game pass day 1, they will find some way of making you pay extra for it

Last edited:

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
I honestly would not get your hopes up about having COD on game pass day 1, they will find some way of making you pay extra for it

I think most of us are expecting price hikes, it’s what all sub services do. Eventually they might reach a price where it is not worth it for myself, can’t speak for others.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Do people seriously believe that there is some untapped market of people who don't play games or buy consoles, but then will rush to stores to buy a Series S/X because CoD is available on gamepass. 🤣

Like WTF is this? COD going on gamepass will just lead to higher subscription costs, more MTX stuff, etc. This is so outrageously dumb. 🤣🤣

Silver lining is that something like this will just cause CoD to become even more of a complete shit show.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I wonder how many law suits would Ms loose if someone really wanted to contest all the false information their executives throw at interviews... there's just blatant false advertising every 3 to 6 months coming out from this people's mouths. They dont even try to go aroung anymore.. they just lie and fuck it.

The pinnacle has been the Bethesda trial "yes judge the games will remain multiplat" .... two days later... Nooop lol fuck you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom