• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Most Expensive and Rare Gaming Item

I have this. (not my picture) And I'm willing to sell it.

pre0182.jpg

My rarest item probably is my copy of Bioshock: Breaking the Mold Developer's Edition artbook. It's been out of print for a while and I've seen only a few copies on Ebay going for ridiculous prices.

cj_iwakura

Marty Chinn said:
I was going to say someone try to beat this:

elemental-gearbolt-assasins-case-playstation-ps1.jpg

case_front.jpg

but I see someone already did with the World Championship cart.

I'd want this more.

You know what's one of a kind? The SMT Nocturne laptop that Atlus USA gave out when SMT 3 came out here.

alphaNoid

Banned
Well I have a fully functional Atari 2600 with over 50 games. I also have a working Atari Lynx with 6 games, and a never opened Sega Game Gear with 3 games. Most other possessions burned in a house fire 3 years ago.

vireland

Marty Chinn said:
I was going to say someone try to beat this:

elemental-gearbolt-assasins-case-playstation-ps1.jpg

case_front.jpg

but I see someone already did with the World Championship cart.

With the gold memory card instead of the later production red one. Nice.

One of my most-rare things is related to this game. When production was over, the Japanese team gave me a few of the actual layered production animation cels from the game (they were hand-painted then scanned for the animations). I was extremely happy about this gift. Right up there with my custom Kubooka-drawn and signed shikishi with LUNAR characters.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Trin3785 said:
Did you drink it!? Wonder if it goooooood.

I have this

a065810ae7a0b8d0a633c110.L.jpg

not worth much, but i like it!

Nice! I have the same edition Solid Snake in original packaging plus a MGS1 Parker Pen that came with my MGS LE Premium Package (All contents still unused).

The day I bought my action figure they had all six in stock. The next week when I went back to pick up the other 5 they had sold out of them all. :(

NEO0MJ

I don't know why but all of a sudden I feel like jelly...

Pretty awesome stuff here. But never could invest in collectibles for my gaming hobby. Rather spend the money elsewhere.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Some awesome items in this thread. I'm loving the Aerith Music Box and Ico press pack, those are genuine treasures.

I used to have a lot more stuff but have really trimmed my collection in recent years. PAL Snatcher, PAL Symphony of the Night, and NTSC PS1 Valkyrie Profile (among others) have all found new homes. I'll probably never see them again, but times are tough and there's always emulation if I get desperate.

I still hang on to a few bits, however. My beatmania IIDX collection, for example:

beatmania-iidx-asc.jpg
PA.44047.006.jpg
PA.78292.010.jpg
pa.96297.7.jpg
pa.123478.4.jpg
pa.144404.1.jpg
pa.162765.6.jpg

God of War (NTSC-U) Press Release Pack including
God of War Box
Front

Back

Inside

Leaflet

Scale of Box

God of War (NTSC-U)

God of War Red T-Shirt

God of War II Promotional Game (PAL)

God of War: Chains of Olympus Press Pack including
God of War: Chains of Olympus Box

Inside of the box

Contents of the Box

God of War: Chains of Olympus (PAL) Promo Game

God of War Press Release Disc

God of War Action Figure

Killzone 2 Concept Art Book

for more
http://diesnake.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=38

Nothing too amazing tbh, just a brand new and factory sealed Limited Edition version of ICO. I need to sell it before the Team ICO Collection comes out I guess.

Luigiv

Probably my Super NES Wii Classic Controller which I got from Club Nintendo. Though I already took it out of the box and used it so it's values probably greatly dropped already (I'm not much one for collectors items).

eXistor

friskykillface said:
I got a question, how the hell did Mass Effect 1 CE get so rare and expensive, used to go for $500 + on eBay 0_o , insane I saw it in Sears years ago :/
What the hell? That's not rare at all, we get it in our shop all the time and sell it for like €13,-. Usually they're in crappy state, but still.

Posters.. mainly poster...
SRW OG2 promo poster for GBA
SRW F final poster for Saturn,
PS2 SRW Alpha 2 poster
Alpha 3 poster.
PS2 Monster Hunter Dos poster,
PSP Monster Hunter 2G poster....
PS2 SRW F poster since I cant find the Saturn one anymore
Metal Gear Solid Peace walker poster

Game wise, NDS Lucky star premium pack.
ZOE2 Special edition which the one came with the music cd.
SRWZ premium pack.
SRW OG Gaiden's premium pack (got it cheap from online sales.. Pretty happy about it..)

PSP
Peace Walker US bundle
Gundam Giren no ambition PSP. The red and black one
Monster Hunter Portable 3 PSP

I actually have few more posters... But I did not open it for since I got it so I tend to forgot... Will open it when my bedroom done with all the repairs

Ah, I do remember now that I received the SDCC-exclusive Gears of War Carmine figurine as a gift from a friend back in 2008, in mint condition to this day. I see people try to get $200 for these on Amazon and eBay often.

Zomba13

Just looked around and I think it'd have to be the Scarborough Fair replica that came with my Bayonetta pre-order.
bayonetta_gun.jpg

I checked ebay and they were up on there for over £100.

When I was a but a child I wrote in to Nintendo as part of something I had to do for school (more of a summer project while on break) and in return they sent me this:

tnApn.jpg

They say it was signed by the staff at Rare, but what signatures I can make out do not correspond with any of the names in DKC's credits roll. Granted, I've only ever checked DKC1, and when they sent me this, they claimed it was "exclusive artwork" for DKC2. If I had to guess, though, I'd assume it's probably some tree house staff.

bjfOo.jpg

When Cocoebiz opened they had a drawing for this, an autographed guitar arrangement songbook for Chrono Cross, signed by Yasunori Mitsuda. I've never been brave enough to actually crack the seal on this bad boy. It's a good thing they sealed it up, too - I dunno if you can tell, but behind the songbook there is the obviously heavily water damaged airmail envelope they shipped it in.

I also have a couple of other things but they aren't huge deals (Sonic 10th Anniversary pin from E3 2001, another Sonic Team pin they sent me three or four years ago, stuff like that).

Edit: Oh yeah, I also apparently have the rarest version of Ocarina of Time for the N64 (gray cart, before they took out the fire temple chanting).

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Ooh...another one of these threads. Here's some of my signed stuff:

Atari 2600 Pac-Man signed by Tod Frye
3pydvra

Katamari Damacy signed/doodled by Keita Takahashi
n9l6s4

Rockman 2 signed/doodled by Keiji Inafune
m4mc6p

The Legend of Zelda signed by Shigeru Miyamoto (plus business card)
yl5be6j

This isn't necessarily game related, but still...
A towel signed by Douglas Adams
23qgj9t

And a couple other favorite items:

Lupin the 3rd slot machine (it's about 3" tall)
luu6me

Fernandes UmJammer Lammy electric guitar
nr4kb6

vireland said:
With the gold memory card instead of the later production red one. Nice.

One of my most-rare things is related to this game. When production was over, the Japanese team gave me a few of the actual layered production animation cels from the game (they were hand-painted then scanned for the animations). I was extremely happy about this gift. Right up there with my custom Kubooka-drawn and signed shikishi with LUNAR characters.

Heh wow, those sound nice. Also, don't you remember, I sold you those Guncons =)

AniHawk

i have no clue how much they're worth, but one is my copy of mgs3: snake eater i had signed by kojima and shinkawa. the other is the one of a dozen madworld shirts a few of us got for the magazine ad thread. holding onto both of them, of course.

edit: and apparently my mirror's edge messenger bag is fucking super expensive, which is too bad since i used it extensively to lug my laptop around.

Vigilant Gambit said:
I successfully filed a claim with USPS, but my book was still destroyed (readable, but of only academic value).
Ugh, you lucky bastard. I ordered a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga last summer while I was at school, through a trading forum as a present for someone else. It was never delivered, even though delivery confirmation said it was. The school and the postal service both blamed each other, and I was out $150. I hate the USPS SO MUCH.

Sorry. On-topic, I don't know what the rarest/most valuable thing I have would be. Maybe one of these? No idea what they'd be worth.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25192780@N05/5544946154/
Silly light-up shirt for pre-ordering Child of Eden at PAX east.

http://cargocollective.com/coryschmitz/392959/EXP-Video-Game-Posters
Awesome posters from Cory Schmitz's kikstarter project. The Killer 7 one is so, so cool.

http://vgmdb.net/album/21376
Got this for my boyfriend, but I guess it counts. No More Heroes 2 OST, limited to 1000 copies. I think it's still sealed.

NEO0MJ

Sega1991 said:
They say it was signed by the staff at Rare, but what signatures I can make out do not correspond with any of the names in DKC's credits roll. Granted, I've only ever checked DKC1, and when they sent me this, they claimed it was "exclusive artwork" for DKC2. If I had to guess, though, I'd assume it's probably some tree house staff.

Wow, that's something I'd want to have.

Ah, I forgot about these, since they're only half gaming related;

jc6owi.JPG

Unfortunately it got a bit ruffled and torn on the way home. :(

jc1P9C.JPG
jc6moa.JPG

I was just walking around Comic-Con and the author happened to be signing posters for free and signing his new book... I couldn't resist with that pretty cover and the KotOR-connection.

Hopefully I will be able to add to my collection at Gamescom this year, if developers bother turning up.

Dizzy-4U said:
X-Japan Virtual Shock 001. The "game" is absolute ass but I love it and it's my most treasured possession.
I want this...

distantmantra said:
Probably my copy of Geppy-X for the Playstation.
Also want. Man, looking through people's collections is awesome.

And I unfortunately also have a copy of Wand of Gamelon for the CD-i, but I don't know if it's even playable anymore. Not that you'd want to...
(That was actually my first Zelda title. Urk.)

Edit:
cj_iwakura said:
I'd want this more.

You know what's one of a kind? The SMT Nocturne laptop that Atlus USA gave out when SMT 3 came out here.
Holy crap, I remember that! My friend and I entered, but we obviously didn't win. I never heard what happened, did someone actually end up winning it?

IrishNinja

goddamn this thread's beautiful, but these always remind me how sad i am for having had to sell Suikoden 2 for rent yars ago (;_;)

no pics, but i can get em if anyone thinks this stuff is rare enough:

Xenogears PERFECT WORKS artbook
MGS 3 Subsistence LE (red box)
Legend of Zelda LTTP comics TPB (the nintendo power one, wish idve grabbed Mario World one at the same time)

i also have Earthbound & the guide, but the rare part is....there was this funky ad when the game came out (EGM & other mags, as i recall) with a picture of the big slime guy, and a scratch & sniff, i think you had to mail the answer of the scent in for a prize. i did it, and i still have this Earthbound air freshner from the pizza joint in Onett, left it in its wrap with a note saying congrats & enjoy the scent or something, haha...weirdest game swag ever, ive not seen it since so i wonder how rare it is?

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Eh I guess Earthbound is pretty rare now. I got it for $25 and now it's up to $60+. Plus the same day I bought Earthbound I got a bunch of SNES Square games with a similar price range. Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3. The best part is that they all used to be like $50-60 at this Gamestop. So on X-mas one year I swooped in and bought all of them when they finally decided to slash their prices.

Hmm... I can't think of anything else.

Shaneus

A towel signed by Douglas Adams. Wow.

Most expensive (or most rare) I have is the Sega Megadrive Collection blue vinyl, #360. I guess it might be worth something if I sell it with a sealed copy of the game... for 360. I also have the Sonic Adventure 2 10th Anniversary box set, but I don't think it's *that* rare.

PS. This thread is badass. Subbed, for sure.

dc89

I'm sure I posted this y'day but I couldn't see my post!

Final Fantasy VII - PC Big Box edition. Very good condition with all inserts, discs etc.

Looks something like this:

22_pctri_close.jpg

I'll try and dig it out one day!

pinry2.jpg

Only around 200 were given out to community members on Nintendo's old forums (not my picture)
Also came with this certificate (this IS my picture)
KGZMU.jpg

A complete set of these (also not my picture)
DSC01061.JPG

A signed Pokemon poster from Nintendo power about a month before Nintendo outsourced it.
MoSXx.jpg

onken

Yeah absolutely nothing really, I have Japanese originals for Shenmue and Panzer Dragoon Saga but they're very cheap out here.

I also have the Shenmue Orchestral soundtrack too, not sure how rare that is, may have lost it during the move though.

Had the sackboy too but sold it.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
balladofwindfishes said:
A complete set of these (also not my picture)
DSC01061.JPG

AHHH Damn it! Now I miss all of my Sonic cards.

Machine

Vustadumas said:
Rare item, hmm, guess it's not really "rare" , but my absolutely mint condition Steel Battalion controller still gives me goose bumps when I see it. lol

My Steel Battalion is still sealed. I just saw that someone was trying to sell a sealed one on eBay for $999. I wonder what the "true" value of a sealed one would be...

Rich!

I did have a modded 50/60hz region free Super Famicom (with a working BIOS coded by d4s - yes, a real boot up and option menu for the SNES), and I used to have a Satellaview.

Alas, they are sold now. Meh.

Effect

Not completely sure. I have a copy of the SNES Earthbound that is still playable. That will never be sold. I actually have all of my NES and SNES games and even my Genesis games. I would assume some are worth some money as they do work. My NES is still in working condition as well. I still have my gold cartridge copy of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That sits on my bookshelf but I've long lost the box for it. I know I still have the cloth map and the hardcover manual that came with Lunar Silver Star Story Complete. The game disc has no scratches I believe as well.

I'm keeping the box and contents of my collectors edition of Starcraft 2 though. Mainly because it's the most expensive game I've ever purchased with my own money. Doubt it will be worth something in the future but I like how it looks mainly. Who knows what the future will hold if it's still in great condition.

Dunan

Psykotik said:
(Uncharted 2 limited art book shots)

Isn't there supposedly a Japanese book like this for Final Fantasy XII, full of concept art and info on the game's setting? I keep hearing rumors but have never seen the real thing.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I got a working nes and snes, but then again everyone has a working nes and snes.

Ramma2

I had a nice collection of classic big box PC games from the last 20 years, until I realized that I would never play them again, and if I died today they would be nothing but junk to anyone who was taking care of my stuff.

So off to eBay they went, and I feel great about it. Seems like the less stuff I have the better I feel.

sikkinixx

Earthbound cart
Chrono Trigger Cart, I have the box and manual somewhere too...

Lunar 1 PSX
Lunar 2, complete box set etc.

That's about it. :(

edit: oh! And a game and watch octopus in box. Still have the Woodwards price tag on the bag.

Evlar

Banned
Probably my WoW CE. I've never been much of a gaming collector. I suppose my Diablo 2 expansion beta disc is the rarest item I own.

izakq

Strike said:
I'd probably have to say mint condition copy of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition.

Same here.

I used to have lots of Square games before I sold them off including that FFVII Versus Ultimate Guide, which I couldn't believe I sold it for $50.00!

But quick question. There was a preorder bonus for one of the Castlevania DS games that came out a few years back, is that considered of some value? Off of the top of my head, it came with a stylus, music CD, art booklet, and some other things.

Top Bottom