• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Most Expensive and Rare Gaming Item

I have two of those Sackboys from the OP. Had no idea they were that valuable... I think those ebayers are being a touch ambitious with their Buy It Now figures.

The only other remotely valuable thing I have is the 'Raising the Bar' book about the development of Half-Life 2, which is apparently quite rare.

jan0905.jpg

Probably my copy of Geppy-X for the Playstation.

Requeim

Sealed In The Hunt for ps1 maybe? it's not exactly a sought after game, but i love it. Don't think there are too many of those out there (those being sealed PAL copies).

The one thing video game related that i treasure the most is my Tekken 3 Playstation OST. Had to import that one from Japan. This was also three years ago, so it was not as simple as buying it new on a well known store and having it shipped out. Had to buy it from a japanese auction site, through a company that could actually bid on the item and ship it out to me, which was a hassle to say the least. Worth it in the end though.

Looks like this:
tekken3_front.jpg

Cronee

I have a few rare-ish gaming consoles. Such as the Sega CDX, the JVC XEYE, Sega CD model 1 and 2 with matching system models. An Intellivision 2 also.

Also, a boxed copy of Time Crisis for the PS3.

(pics to come later)

Acerac

Banned
Meh, I have original copies of SM:RPG, LoZ:lttp, the NES-style GBA and that GC Zelda collection.

Oh. FF7 too. Why is it so expensive? Everyone had a copy of this game, and according to this thread, still does...

kamspy

Black label Snake Eater subistance. It's my crown jewel. One of only two games I bothered saving from the last console gen.

PS3 Limited Edition Gunmetal Grey Console signed by Hideo Kojima.
Metal Gear Solid Integral, MGS2 Substance, MGS3 Subsistence, MGS4 Regular and Limited Edition all signed by Hideo Kojima.

And I have at least one official MGS shirt from Uniqlo, both sets. I'm trying really hard to avoid the official clothing line now.

MGS1, MGS VR Missions, MGS2, The Document of MGS2. MGS: Ghost Babel, MGS3, MGS3 Premium Edition, all the MGS action figures... nevermind. God, this post is getting me depressed. Just thinking about all the other stuff I haven't mentioned. I need a swig... of Metal Gear Liquid (limited edition bottle. Wish I had that).

kamspy said:
Black label Snake Eater subistance. It's my crown jewel. One of only two games I bothered saving from the last console gen.
wot?

Most expensive, probably my Japanese import PS1. Cost me about $900. Worth every penny to play Toshinden :)

Rare item, hmm, guess it's not really "rare" , but my absolutely mint condition Steel Battalion controller still gives me goose bumps when I see it. lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
V_Ben said:
I have some kind of metal (possibly pewter) figure of Solid Snake from MGS2. I can't actually find an image of it on google, but it's in roughly this pose;

solid_snake.gif

Ehh...my irl Gaffer bud has the LIFE SIZED MOTHER FUCKING STATUE OF SNAKE!

Yes. Life-sized. He's mostly a lurker now, and I didn't take pics, but fuck me if that's not some hardcore fandom there.

LIFE. SIZED. SNAKUUUUUUUUUU.

Prophane33

Oh, one thing I should add is that I have a sealed copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 for DS, since I was a QA Tester on it. I think that game is worth 5 cents. However, to me it's priceless. One of the three games I worked on at EA that I actually enjoyed and got a free copy of.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a lime green Gameboy Color that would probably go for $17. That's the best I got.

I had a mint condition Earthbound strategy guide (yes, with the scratch and sniff cards intact) but I sold it on eBay a year ago for about $160 and bought a ton of guitar strings with the money.

I have a Chrono Trigger guide in good condition. That's probably it now.

None of this is crazy rare, but:

- Dragon Warrior 1-4 complete (box and instructions, etc)
- Mario's Cement Factory 1982 Game & Watch with box and styrofoam
- Night Trap CD 32X sealed
- a Starfox 64 Arwing display that hangs from the celing

um...

- some rare-ish games: Elemental Gearbolt, Panzer Saga, Burning Rangers, Shining Force 3 more I can't think of
- a Sega CDX

DJ_Lae

I don't really have anything unique.

A signed copy of Shatter's soundtrack, I guess. I also have one of those Viewtiful Joe prints, but I'm pretty sure there were a ton of those released.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Do all of the GBA and DS Castlevanias "first editions" with all manuals and inserts count?

I remember Dawn of Sorrow non-platinum hits or whatever was supposed to be rare.

Triz

I have a sealed American 20th Anniversary Famicom Game Boy Micro. Box is a little beat up but Its hard to find the american ones on ebay.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Speaking of Strategy guides, I do have the Versus Books Zelda OoT and Majora's Mask guides. Best guides ever.

I've got Final Fantasy CIB for NES, as well as FF2, 3, and CT carts for SNES. They used to be worth much more than they are now. Square and their re releases...
I have a ton, well relative to the average person...maybe not the average gaffer, of old gaming stuff, but most of it isn't worth much - my NeoGeo Pocket Color CIB, my Atari Jaguar with 7 games that I found for $30, tons of old RPGs for every console since the NES.
And I always thought this was really cool - (crappy pic i just took)

dsci0024a.jpg

I've had it for years...don't even remember where it came from. I think my dad just found it somewhere.

Mooreberg

Apparently my opened MGS3 Subsistence Collector's Edition worth $200 or more. Never would have opened it if I had any idea it was going to become such a sought after commodity.

Drkirby said:
I wonder just how rare it is. I mean, Nintendo had to of produced a few thousand of them, and there are likely several hundred that survived. Do you have any sticker paper with it?

Oh, that reminds me of something else that I have that is not to valuable but is rare, Kirby Wall Clings! The ones I have are the ones only given out to Toys R' Us.

Pretty Common. Collectors Edition was hugely overproduced.

I think there's at least a few thousand, but probably in varying degrees of quality. I've got a bunch of paper and ink for the printer which I use to make stickers out of random things sometimes =P

robot

I think some of this stuff is rare, but probably not that expensive.

71f33dde.jpg

Viewtiful Joe Iced Coffee! Not sure why I still have this!

d4154a0e.jpg

Bionic Commando Lunchbox! Too bad they didn't make a thermos.

8159d69d.jpg

Complete set of MGS1 and MGS2 capsule toys! Including the pewter colored versions! Actually these are probably worth around $150 - took around 5 years to find a set on ebay. Got em really cheap too!

f1b59e58.jpg

Framed Fighting Vipers Arcade Marquee! I'd consider it priceless! The snake is actually alive! But not really.

Ra1den

Mooreberg said:
Apparently my opened MGS3 Subsistence Collector's Edition worth $200 or more. Never would have opened it if I had any idea it was going to become such a sought after commodity.

I had the outer box to that laying around getting crushed by books and other games etc for a few years before finding out it was rare.

My rarest item is probably Radiant Silvergun for Saturn.

I've got some Pokemon cards I had signed by Ken Sugimori. He even drew a little Pichu on one of them. That's probably my most beloved.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nothing overly special, but stuff I'm happy to have.

sudavuje.jpg

Singed copy of Killer7.

blob5nwh.jpg

Vinyl of the de Blob OST.

kokujin

Banned
23su9ht.jpg
11wca9v.jpg

Japanese copy of Alien Soldier.It's not the rarest thing , but it's the best game ever made and I can play it on my real Genesis.I going to get Battle Mania Daiginjou later this year, that games is rarer than this.

JaseMath

V_Ben said:
I have some kind of metal (possibly pewter) figure of Solid Snake from MGS2. I can't actually find an image of it on google, but it's in roughly this pose;

solid_snake.gif
I have this, only mine is bronze (or pewter) - can't find an image. Wonder if it's rare...?

Kobiekun

Some great stuff posted so far! Here's my contribution:

Earthbound.jpg

ChronoLayout.JPG

BorderDownLE.jpg

DragonForceContents.jpg

DungeonsAndDragonsCollection.jpg

Snatcher_Outside.jpg

Not pictured: Radiant Silvergun, Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and more.

I remember I had 5 or 6 sealed copies of Conkers bad fur day for nintendo 64 that I bought for $5 each at toys r us.
What a fool I was for not buying the whole bin, must have been about 10-20 there 0_o

I just have one sealed left, might not be super rare but I like it B^)

I got a question, how the hell did Mass Effect 1 CE get so rare and expensive, used to go for $500 + on eBay 0_o , insane I saw it in Sears years ago :/

Biff

SOCOM long-sleeve shirt and a SOCOM thermal blanket. Also came with a MRE but I ate that. It was awful.

Won it from a SOCOM essay contest :lol

Can't think of anything else.

Nothing much, sadly. The rarest stuff I have is probably something from Club Nintendo... but that was free, so I doubt it's expensive. The most expensive thing is this (still not really expensive though)... but I actually don't have it yet. I just ordered it a few days ago. I wish I could get the Izanagi plush too... but that's so rare I haven't seen it available anywhere on the internet.
02271912_4d6a23991ae3b.jpg

Oozer3993

GTA IV Key to the City for getting 100% within two weeks of the game's release.

JeGTQ.jpg

Xbox 360 Zero Hour Faceplate given out to attendees of the Zero Hour launch event.

pcbwt.jpg

Halo "Fight the Flood" shirt sold to raise money for the Red Cross after Hurricane Katrina

p438b.jpg

(I'm a Halo fanboy so I had to post something Halo related, but it's probably not that rare.)

(Images aren't mine)

Chris FOM

I have copies of Donkey Kong Country Returns and Metroid Prime Trilogy signed by the entire dev team, as well as a Metroid Prime 3 development team T-shirt (no, I don't work for Retro).

Venfayth

51ZEFTRRJJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm a pretty young gamer. Haven't been able to get my hands on anything too rare, but monetarily this would be it.

An unregistered cd-key is going for $2k on amazon.

I guess my complete copies of Alien Soldier and Radiant Silvergun. Not sure which is more rare, or if they're even considered rare.

Magnus

Had Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger for the SNES -- original boxes, instructions, maps/posters, the works.

I sold both for a total of around $120 or so over the past couple years. Kind of regret it already.

As of right now, I think the rarest thing I have is probably my original copies of a bunch of PS1 games...? FFVII-IX, CC, etc. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner and MGS2S/MGS3S on the PS2.

I have a copy of 999 for the DS, which already seems to be kind of rare, at least, when not considering online retailers.

Used to have much more but sold off the rare/old stuff. Have no need to collect things if they can rake in some cash, and that's exactly what I did.

troushers

My rarest game is probably also the worst that I've played to completion: the Zelda game released for the Phillips CDi.

Diortem7 said:
I came in here to post this. I also have the strategy guide for it. I also have a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy which is already pretty expensive these days.

I have Earthbound and the strategy guide as well. I didn't realize it was such a rare item. I also have a Final Fantasy III cartridge but just that. When I got it, I got it used and it was already hard to find, back in the day. I wish I had a Chrono Trigger cartridge.

The only other real rare gaming item I may have is the cloth map that came with Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. I got it framed for some reason back in middle school when it came out.

ShowDog

I used to own a complete Panzer Saga but sold it on ebay years ago. I don't think anything I own is worth a damn anymore. I guess my Samba de Amigo w/ original maracas set on Dreamcast would qualify as relatively rare though, along with my NES powerglove, Turbografx-16 CD and other assorted junk.

Top Bottom