• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yuji Horii reportedly announced DQ VII and VIII for the west at Japan Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Know what? I always hoped it would happen. A HD remaster. I know it's fucking insane to hope for that but hey I've done some pretty insane shit in my life, some fucked up gambles and the worst things that has happened is that I had to show a few people how to make my own pee drinkable with the help of a plastic bag, shovel, plants and a shoe. Then I chugged it. I also cracked a few ribs due to a gamble. But I'm alive and we'll so here's me hoping that worthless Unity port is getting reworked, with the orchestral music. But since I'm a fucking child I'm also hoping both 3DS games happens so I can play OTG.
What is going on.

Faustek

DQVII was never released in Europe(I don't think) so the OG version would still be new to us.:p

Yepp, had to import.
What is going on.
I still have a slimmer of hope that together with the 3DS games SE will port that mobile crap port and make a HD remaster. Can't have to much Dragon Quest.

The 3DS port does have the orchestral music. And voice acting.

Wasn't that only for the western PS2 release? The music that is.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
and there's Type Zero too...

It's Square Enix on 3DS... think we have the right to be skeptical.

DQVII was never released in Europe(I don't think) so the OG version would still be new to us.:p

Look Nibel's post just above mine...I saw it after I posted. XD

Clunker

COR BLIMEY!!!

There are no grinning slime pictures large enough to convey my excitement if this means these are coming to NA.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Know what? I always hoped it would happen. A HD remaster. I know it's fucking insane to hope for that but hey I've done some pretty insane shit in my life, some fucked up gambles and the worst things that has happened is that I had to show a few people how to make my own pee drinkable with the help of a plastic bag, shovel, plants and a shoe. Then I chugged it. I also cracked a few ribs due to a gamble. But I'm alive and we'll so here's me hoping that worthless Unity port is getting reworked, with the orchestral music. But since I'm a fucking child I'm also hoping both 3DS games happens so I can play OTG.

...Are you the McGuyver of pee?

...McPeever?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The big man said it... It's coming, no need to worry anymore... We did it.
Why would it upset the translator though?

It'd kinda make sense if the western releases of the 3DS games aren't on the 3DS. Just sayin'.
Maybe they planned an announcements during GameCom or a Nintendo Direct... Which... Well won't work as well anymore.

Ridley327

Don't get too excited for the 3DS, it might be the iOS version or even PS1/PS2 classics. This is Square we're talking about.

But DQ8 is already out on mobile and in French. And it can't be a PS1 classic for DQ7 since it never released in Europe and only has an English localization.

VII stinks and VIII is really slow and plodding for a Dragon Quest.

Still, amazing news all the same.

Maybe the remake of VII will rewire my opinion on it.

cw_sasuke

But that doesn't mean US release.
It's not over for US.
If there is a englisch version it will be launch in the US as well... No way they green light just a French translation or eu localisation. Especially when they want to sell DQ Heroes and DQXI on consoles later as well.

Flashbacks to Type-0 being announced for Vita on the PS Blog?

Ue90yn7.gif

Hugstable

Banned
Please let this be real. Please. All my dreams would come true to be able to play the remake of VII. The PS1 version is one of my favorite games of all time, I NEED TO PLAY THIS REMASKE!

Faustek

So many people here that have zero survival training.

Also people are forgetting that SE have released a game on the Vita and another is coming. 3DS is possible... Or is it just a dumb ass joke I'm missing?

cw_sasuke

I actually don't know Square's history of games released in Europe but not in the US. I can imagine from how it went the the other way that it is not common at all.
Well Terranigma on SNES is a big one... But something like this won't be happening with Dragon Quest and especially not in this day and age.

brinstar

Wasn't that only for the western PS2 release? The music that is.

Yeah the western version of PS2 DQVIII added orchestra music and voice acting. The 3DS version, which I believe is releasing in Japan next month has it too now. And new party members and additional story/content.

Nothing you just posted makes any sense. Seek help.

Oregano

...You're dense just for the sake of being dense right now, right?

It's easier to not be disappointed if I keep my expectations low and Square Enix hasn't give me any reason not to doubt them.

The fact that the Theatrhythm games are the only 3DS games they've published themselves in Europe doesn't inspire hope.

EDIT:
So... it makes sense that a 3DS game isn't on 3DS ? Did you read your sentence twice ?

The "3DS version" of VII is a distinct version from the "original version" but they could easily release the "3DS version" on a different system.

sörine

Banned
Great news but I still want Pirate Slime and Theathrythm. I'll take eShop only even.

I'm hoping the remake of VIII rewires my opinion of that game. Evidently they've sped up battles and reduced loading significantly.

Horii/Tose pls just add 3D for the west. Make it a n3DS only feature if you have to.

Kouriozan

They increased the overall speed of the game in the 3DS version of 8.
7 is a full blown remaster of a game that never got released in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom