• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yuji Horii reportedly announced DQ VII and VIII for the west at Japan Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublimit

Banned
Is this DQ day or something? Great news if true (especially for DQVII) but i'll not let myself get too excited before we have some official confirmation.

WTFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffff

2Mbik4d.png

And they didn't announce it at E3 because... ?!

Too good to be true, I will wait for the PR.

Aeana, you heard anything about this?

Paging Aeana to the rumor thread. Aeana, to the rumor thread.

I'm guessing this means it's coming here, right?

xevis

Banned
I'd be happy with French only at this point. I don't know French but at least I have a short at translating the text if I can recognize the characters!

I guess SE will be handling DQ themselves from now on... Can't see Nintendo handling both games and Bravely 2nd extra year.

So both games on 2016 and DQXI 2017 in the West sounds likely.

It would not be unprecedented: Nintendo brought in Europe Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy in 2012, and it has been localizing two Level-5's series on a yearly basis since the first Inazuma Eleven came out in Europe. Next year they will probably be 3 (LBX, YW and the last IE).

septicore

If this is indeed real, it has been a great week for 3DS owners.

Zero Escape 3, Dragon Quest 7 and Dragon Quest 8 for the 3DS.

I still have hopes for a localisation of Slime Mori Mori DQ 3 for the 3DS.

Joqu

If this is indeed real, it has been a great week for 3DS owners.

Zero Escape 3, Dragon Quest 7 and Dragon Quest 8 for the 3DS.

Slime 3 seems like it'd make a fine budget priced eShop game in the west, I believe S-E even said as much a while ago. Doesn't mean it'll happen but I'd definitely be happy with that, I loved the DS one.

This is the real loser in this announcement, lost to the ebbs of time, probably.

Like sörine said, just make it eShop only, it can't be as crazy of a localization as the mainline games.

I needs more of that Slime multiplayer, that was some of the most fun I had on the DS.

Joqu

Haha, we probably shouldn't even start to think about the other DQ games we missed out on until this is official though

Too good to be true.

sörine;170858219 said:
Great news but I still want Pirate Slime and Theathrythm. I'll take eShop only even.

I'm hoping the remake of VIII rewires my opinion of that game. Evidently they've sped up battles and reduced loading significantly.

Horii/Tose pls just add 3D for the west. Make it a n3DS only feature if you have to.
Eh, if the VJump build of the game is the final one then no they've INCREASED loading times into battles actually. It takes much longer to initiate than it does on PS2 and mobile :/ The battles are faster though. There's a fast mode that is dramatically faster.

crinale

Too good to be true.

Eh, if the VJump build of the game is the final one then no they've INCREASED loading times into battles actually. It takes much longer to initiate than it does on PS2 and mobile :/ The battles are faster though. There's a fast mode that is dramatically faster.

Yeah I have no idea why they increased loading time (during that screen stays blank too!) but fast forwarding battle plus avoiding enemy encounters (since they are now visible) should make up for it.

Joqu

If true I'm guessing we won't get official confirmation for quite a while if Horii wasn't supposed to say it, they aren't going to announce this earlier because of some tweets are they

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It would not be unprecedented: Nintendo brought in Europe Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy in 2012, and it has been localizing two Level-5's series on a yearly basis since the first Inazuma Eleven came out in Europe. Next year they will probably be 3 (LBX, YW and the last IE).
True, but I have a feeling that SE wants to manage DQ more independent from now on. Also I don't see NoE/NoA publishing the IPs if other games are released on the competition in the same time frame as well as the next main game.

It could happen... But I think SE WI handle most DQ released stuff themselves from now on. It started with the mobile releases and will continue with the publishing of the retail console titles.

Maxim726X

I don't care of the Joke personally, it's just sad it's still here though, racist joke still allowed at this point is pretty sad.

...Wow.

Anyway, I hope this is true. I have a copy sitting on my shelf but I'd rather play it on a portable console.

Or maybe I don't like being insulted by a random guy on the Internet for something that happened 70 years ago. How fucking hard is it to understand?
Woooooow.

That stinks.

Has there any word on New 3DS performance benefits?

Joqu

Too late to play catch up.

DQRS3 would be a nice bonus because it's a small game, but DQ7 and DQ8 are priority.

Way too late for the Monster remakes yeah. I don't think a lot of people would want these over the mainline games. It's a shame too because I love the originals.

Hopefully those'll get translated by the fans in a few years time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom