• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda at E3 to have two demos, Nintendo asking press to free up 90 minutes.

25 minutes will be devoted to explaining the concept of caves and how they created the entrance to the first dungeon in the NES Legend of Zelda.

523290834-spelunker-crawling-along-narrow-cave-gettyimages.jpg

gamerMan

Dear Nintendo,
I really can't wait for this. Please, Nintendo don't disappoint. This has to be the Mario 64 of this generation, because console gaming this generation is all about Anti Aliasing, resolution, and image quality. We stopped having fun a long time ago in the interest of watching mature storylines play out where we have to occasionally press button prompts and passively play automatic games. This has to be the game people are talking about until it is released. Use the more powerful hardware to give us new gameplay and new ideas we have never seen before instead of just better graphics to make the cutscenes look better.

Thanks Nintendo for listening.

wrowa

Press is supposed to put aside 60 to 90 minutes, people are kinda focusing too much on the 90 minutes part. They likely just give people a lot of time to explore the overworld demo together with a lengthy dungeon time.

immewnity

Neo Member
Rösti;204729357 said:
And now I'm curious.

Don't be. It's literally just who to contact about setting up a booth appointment.

And I think all of this is already well-known info, but it was in the email too:

"Nintendo’s kick-off to the E3 show happens at 2am AEST June 15 (9am PDT in Los Angeles on June 14), when Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces Nintendo Treehouse: Live, which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed gameplay of The Legend of Zelda. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers. The Legend of Zelda gameplay will be streamed from the E3 show floor via Twitch and will include game coverage, behind-the-scenes info, and plenty of fun. You can stay informed about Nintendo’s presence at E3 by visiting Nintendo of America’s website at http://e3.nintendo.com."

KingBroly

Banned
Oh wow, I'm cited on GAF. Cool!

"Nintendo will offer show attendees two extended demos of the Wii U version of the game that will finally let them step into the wilds of Hyrule and explore some of the grasslands, forests and mountains that they’ve been given mere glimpses of to date."

"we recommend setting aside 1 - 1.5 hours"

Without giving some more press-centric details, there you go.

Sounding more and more like a Zelda 1 remake if you ask me.

Mariolee

Could you imagine if they didn't pre announce that Zelda was the only game they're showing lol

That said I'm hyped af for this.

What? Is that seriously confirmed?

Where were you for the last few weeks? This is the most nonsensical pre-E3 announcement from a major company we had for a long time and was discussed to tiniest shreds... but it appears that it is true.

The most sensible theory is that they wanted to show NX but didn't manage to set it up in time.

Diffense

Looking forward to it!

BTW, two 45-minute demos of a game that'll probably take at least 20-30 hours to complete are nothing. When Treehouse played Xenoblade X for 45 minutes at E3 they only completed the prologue (Crash site to NLA).

They'll probably be quite substantial demos since Nintendo is only showing Zelda. But in the grand scheme they won't come anywhere near to spoling the whole game. Of course, there's always the option to skip the coverage.

DNAbro

Dear Nintendo,
I really can't wait for this. Please, Nintendo don't disappoint. This has to be the Mario 64 of this generation, because console gaming this generation is all about Anti Aliasing, resolution, and image quality. We stopped having fun a long time ago in the interest of watching mature storylines play out where we have to occasionally press button prompts and passively play automatic games. This has to be the game people are talking about until it is released. Use the more powerful hardware to give us new gameplay and new ideas we have never seen before instead of just better graphics to make the cutscenes look better.

Lol

Yes, quite awhile ago. Nintendo said it themselves.

That really cant be right. They probably meant the only game thats been already announced.

Edit Googling it, they said only "playable" game. Maybe the rest are trailers and such. Still, kinda lame though.

Man, this really has to be the best Zelda game EVER if they're going all out on it like this.

I'm seriously excited, even though I don't want to get my hopes up that much.

Theosmeo

I have confused hype for this. Last Zelda I got real hype for was Skyward Sword, and this one looks good but I'm a little sad they threw out the Wii U for this.

Don't be. It's literally just who to contact about setting up a booth appointment.

And I think all of this is already well-known info, but it was in the email too:

"Nintendo’s kick-off to the E3 show happens at 2am AEST June 15 (9am PDT in Los Angeles on June 14), when Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces Nintendo Treehouse: Live, which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed gameplay of The Legend of Zelda. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers. The Legend of Zelda gameplay will be streamed from the E3 show floor via Twitch and will include game coverage, behind-the-scenes info, and plenty of fun. You can stay informed about Nintendo’s presence at E3 by visiting Nintendo of America’s website at http://e3.nintendo.com."
Nice, developer commentary will make this worthwile if it wasnt already

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Dear Nintendo,

Wow this is cringy.

I sincerely do wonder how long of an intro this game is going to have... And how much of these demos are going to be that.

Pinky

Banned
So...

45 minutes to explain what rupees are, the different colors they come in and how much each is worth.

45 minutes of gameplay

:p

In all seriousness, I'm excited to see such an expansive demo for the game. Can't wait to see footage and read impressions.

Oersted

And just like that, my hype decreased 90%. Pleaseee no more long ass intros+tutorials about how to press the B button properly, Nintendo!

You should get a Nintendo handheld like the majority of humanity tends to do, compared to the home consoles.

Please be good. I hope it's not 90 minutes of tutorials like the last Zelda game.

Four Swords or Link Between Worlds?

Kouriozan

That's really interesting and would explain why they are only bringing Zelda to all their E3 booths, so most people will be able to try it.

Clefargle

Really?

Really?

I actually hope that's not the case, I want a really slick polished series of demos that each show something unique. I want to see interesting mechanics and forward thinking modern gameplay. Basically I want to be wowed. I'm just being a half serious cynic that has seen Nintendo burn opportunities for good showings of other franchises in the past by hand holding too much. I hope they do this right and actually pull of another masterpiece, they haven't disappointed with mainline Zelda yet (for me), so I am still hopeful. Sorry if I came off as shit posting.

L Thammy

It'll be a pair of Darksydephil videos showing off the first ten minutes of the game

Somebody probably already made that joke, I'm just too lazy to check.

EDIT: Wait, these are playable demos, I was thinking this was their E3 presentation. Damn it.

Top Bottom