• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda at E3 to have two demos, Nintendo asking press to free up 90 minutes.

gamerMan

Just this month we had Stellaris, Overwatch, Doom, Battleborn, and Total War: Warhammer which don't fit this mold and that's only counting bigger titles.

Overwatch is also poised to be one of the best selling games of the year and that one doesn't even have an in game campaign, cutscenes, or plotline.

I'm not sure what you were hoping for.

Those games are all great but aren't going to be remembered 10 years from now. I am expecting more out of Nintendo since I am grading on a curve. If these guys are the best developers in the world, they need to show it now. This game has to be held in the same light as classics like the original Mario Brothers, Super Mario 3, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Zelda: A Link To The Past, Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, and Ocarina Of Time. Sorry, anything less from Nintendo will be disappointing.

Those games are all great but aren't going to be remembered 10 years from now. I am expecting more out of Nintendo since I am grading on a curve. If these guys are the best developers in the world, they need to show it now. This game has to be held in the same light as classics like the original Mario Brothers, Super Mario 3, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Zelda: A Link To The Past, Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Ocarina Of Time. Sorry, anything less from Nintendo will be disappointing.

lol

Those games are all great but aren't going to be remembered 10 years from now. I am expecting more out of Nintendo since I am grading on a curve. If these guys are the best developers in the world, they need to show it now. This game has to be held in the same light as classics like the original Mario Brothers, Super Mario 3, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Zelda: A Link To The Past, Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, and Ocarina Of Time. Sorry, anything less from Nintendo will be disappointing.

Overwatch will probably be the only one if Blizzard is gonna add to it like they say. But I feel you though. Them some classics and I bet money this game will be right up there with them.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Rösti;204738354 said:
The calendar on e3.nintendo.com still states the event is between 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT on June 14. An hour then. That should be enough to show the majority of at least one demo. I assume the broadcast will continue afterwards with impressions by people on the show floor, where additional details will be made available.

"Digital event" will not be simply a demo walk through. There will be reggie sprechi and intro, developer interview and other video scenes not live from the treehouse

-Horizon-

They should have one demo that leads to a mini-boss fight. A mini-boss that isn't a pushover. A mini-boss like the ones from dark souls. Zelda should be dark souls.

Ok for real though, I was being serious about everything till the dark souls part. And don't have it be a Pixar character.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Well, sounds like there will be quite a bit of content.
Not sure if I'll actually tune in for 90 minutes of Zelda footage, but the confidence they have in this game is pretty refreshing.
Hopefully I'll be pleased with what I see.

Neiteio

Overwatch and DOOM are absolutely going to be remembered.

Seriously, there are true classics on non-Nintendo systems.

sphinx

the piano man
Great.... massive spoilers everywhere because they didn't have time or the will to show other stuff besides zelda.

3 dungeons, several locales, all the villians, fuck that,

Nintendo are VERY confident in this, good sign

this is also true, nintendo only backs up what they think is really a ground breaking experience, last time they really stand by a game like that was splatoon and boy did that pay off,

Maybe Nintendo is backing up what looks to be a fantastic game, but I still don't get how they can accept such dedication to a game that is over half a year away, at the very least.

They're still a mess, though I am very excited to see Zelda.

papo

This doesn't sound good, similar to the Star Fox/guard demos and those didn't turn out so great in the end, not bad, just not great.

Instro

Dear Nintendo,
I really can't wait for this. Please, Nintendo don't disappoint. This has to be the Mario 64 of this generation, because console gaming this generation is all about Anti Aliasing, resolution, and image quality. We stopped having fun a long time ago in the interest of watching mature storylines play out where we have to occasionally press button prompts and passively play automatic games. This has to be the game people are talking about until it is released. Use the more powerful hardware to give us new gameplay and new ideas we have never seen before instead of just better graphics to make the cutscenes look better.

Thanks Nintendo for listening.

Just this month we had Stellaris, Overwatch, Doom, Battleborn, and Total War: Warhammer which don't fit this mold and that's only counting bigger titles.

Overwatch is also poised to be one of the best selling games of the year and that one doesn't even have an in game campaign, cutscenes, or plotline.

I'm not sure what you were hoping for.

That was some quick goalpost moving lol. Hopefully your joking.

Quite the ignorant Statement. Nintendo may make some extremely high quality games, but that doesn't mean other games don't carry cultural impact ESPECIALLY Blizzard games and Rockstar Games or Id games.

Lots of Classic games exist outside the Nintendo Space.

YN12

Banned

I like this. But no classic status for Splatoon?

Wait, wait wait...

I know I've apparently lived under a rock so cut me some slack but this is going to be fucking open-world? Like as in random boring busy work nonsense to infringe on actual good main level design time type of open-world? Nintendo, why!?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Wait, wait wait...

I know I've apparently lived under a rock so cut me some slack but this is going to be fucking open-world? Like as in random boring busy work nonsense to infringe on actual good main level design time type of open-world? Nintendo, why!?

Life is open world.

YN12

Banned
Wait, wait wait...

Well, the original Zelda was open world, so it wouldnt be the first time it happened. Back the to basics for Zelda.

Wait, wait wait...

At first I was disappointed that they're taking intricate dungeons out of the game but when I saw all the different types of horse armor you can collect my faith and hype were restored.

Halabane

Yeah MP only games are play and forget. Frankly they are impossible to play at some time because the servers and people are gone. Just a quick note to your list: Doom may be something special. Probably not Zelda special but still it's a great SP game.

YN12

Banned
At first I was disappointed that they're taking intricate dungeons out of the game but when I saw all the different types of horse armor you can collect my faith and hype were restored.

I hope you can buy them with real money, so that you can cut down on the time its takes to get the best RNG items.

Wait, wait wait...

Open world is describing the world and how you approach it.. I dont know where everybody got open world = Ubisoft farcry or assassins creed gameplay.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Team #notwatching it.

And if they pull another 'see the endspiel' trailer tables will be upended.

Ansatz

Wait, wait wait...

What we've seen of the overworld so far is garbage tier level design, plus it's absolutely massive which means it's logistically impossible to fill it with substantial gameplay. There's too much uneveness in terms of the terrain for there to be actual level design, it's gonna be like Xenoblade most likely.

"We have this innovative new concept called 'Quest Markers', we'll take the next ten minutes to explain it in detail..."

Not sure what you're implying here since Treehouse demonstrations have been excellent and I'm glad Nintendo hasn't "caught up" to modern gaming just yet, proper video games don't need quest markers.

YN12

Banned
What we've seen of the overworld so far is garbage tier level design, plus it's absolutely massive which means it's logistically impossible to fill it with substantial .

Oh yeah? What part of it is garbage tier, exactly?

2557861-zelda_001.jpg

Toparaman

Banned
Dear Nintendo,
I really can't wait for this. Please, Nintendo don't disappoint. This has to be the Mario 64 of this generation, because console gaming this generation is all about Anti Aliasing, resolution, and image quality. We stopped having fun a long time ago in the interest of watching mature storylines play out where we have to occasionally press button prompts and passively play automatic games. This has to be the game people are talking about until it is released. Use the more powerful hardware to give us new gameplay and new ideas we have never seen before instead of just better graphics to make the cutscenes look better.

Thanks Nintendo for listening.

What an embarrassing post.

Top Bottom