• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi - Pure Survival Horror is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC [ZombiU Port]

knerl

For someone that's all about 'posting facts' you sure do like to make shit up.

The framerate in ZombiU does not nose dive when thunder strikes.
https://youtu.be/CXUdIYjKpRU?t=19m57s

I have the game and yes it does. For a split second the framerate nose dives causing stuttering. If you move the camera while it happens you notice a split second of freeze lag which is caused by the framerate suddenly dropping a lot.

It happens on WiiU and it happens here in the pc version where I'm otherwise getting a solid 144fps. Logging the event I can see drops from 144 to 80.
So please fuck off with your acusations.

greg400

Banned
I have the game and yes it does. For a split second the framerate nose dives causing stuttering. If you move the camera while it happens you notice a split second of freeze lag which is caused by the framerate suddenly dropping a lot.

It happens on WiiU and it happens here in the pc version where I'm otherwise getting a solid 144fps. Logging the event I can see drops from 144 to 80.
So please fuck off with your acusations.
I don't think you know what nose dive means, it's almost embarrassing. If you want to post actual video footage of these supposed nose dives on ZombiU then be my guest. You're the one who was bitching about factual information, lets see the facts.

Man this shit downloads slow.

Haha yeah. I got the game downloaded and played it. When i got to a buckingham palace door it said install progress 59%. I was like, what? Is he hacking the door? It's super slow... Must be bugged.

Went around a bit and came back to 61%, then realized it's actually the game being downloaded in the background, super slow.

Scoot2005

Banned
Haha yeah. I got the game downloaded and played it. When i got to a buckingham palace door it said install progress 59%. I was like, what? Is he hacking the door? It's super slow... Must be bugged.

Went around a bit and came back to 61%, then realized it's actually the game being downloaded in the background, super slow.

Try restarting your console. Worked for Batman AK. Don't know if it will work for this.

Edit - Seems to be going a teensy bit faster.

knerl

I don't think you know what nose dive means, it's almost embarrassing. If you want to post actual video footage of these supposed nose dives on ZombiU then be my guest. You're the one who was bitching about factual information, lets see the facts.

I know exactly what it means. You on the other hand doesn't seem to know that it's a nose diving framerate that can cause stuttering in the form of a frame that freezes for a split second. I'm not saying that it's nose diving constantly or that it's stuck with a really low framerate for a longer period of time. It does however drop by much very suddenly sometimes when thunder strikes (note not every thunder strike) which causes the evident jump from one frame to another. The only thing embarrassing here is that you're hell bent on defending the original in this aspect based solely on one youtube video. If I personally play it and notice it now and then and then play the pc version as well where I can log the framerate through for example msi's afterburner and see the framerate go from 144fps to 80 which is almost half that is a nose dive. Not to mention proof of the original also faring from this nose dive since the effect of the lagging frames are the same.

If I had a means of recording a session of ZombiU properly I'd do it.

Besides the obvious framerate/resolution improvements, is it worth rebuying Zombi if you already owned and played ZombiU?

IMO absolutely.

Personally I think the game is far better for not having to look down at the gamepad while playing. Everything feels way more natural having it all on the TV just like I've always been used to.

Ubisoft deserves the bulk of the blame though. Nintendo was involved in just the UK? That's the only place that got limited marketing from what I remember. NoE has taken responsibility for some third party games in the past. However Europe should have been Ubisoft's responsibility since they're based there. Ubisoft did nothing at all anywhere else. That was a concern from people before the game's launch as well. In addition to that they're the ones that restarted this project at least twice. First time it was suppose to be a PS3/360 game until it was rebooted as the Killer Rabbids from Outer Space and shown at E3 at one of Nintendo's closed meetings I believe. Then it was changed into ZombiU. That's all on Ubisoft and if they thought a launch game was going to recoup all that development cost on top of not even bothering to advertise a new IP (which they've done for other new IP they had done around the same time) they were and are stupid. They would have no right to complain about the game not doing well.

I felt that way back when the game launched on the Wii U (which I got at the system's launch) and I still feel that way now. Their expectations would have had to have been insane. Their treatment of this game still annoys me too. I blame Nintendo for how they handled the Wii U's launch and maybe they should have spotlighted ZombiU better due to the gamepad usage. However I will always put the bulk of the blame for ZombiU on Ubisoft. Just how Red Steel 2's failure was completely on Ubisoft as well even though that team (which is now the For Honor team I believe) created a great game that Ubisoft sent to die. Ubisoft has always took the stance that they did not have to bother to advertise or push the games or versions of games that appear on Nintendo hardware and ZombiU is an example of that.

Honestly all they had to do is have some commercials during The Walking Dead and I bet they would have doubled their sales. I always expected to see one but alas, a commercial never popped up.

Bishop89

is there a reason why the download is fucking taking forever?

Its been "downloading" for 2 hours now and its only 1.6gb done. 15 'hours' left to go...

The fuck

Arttemis

So how does this version of the game handle 'scanning' and other awful shoehorned mechanics that were added into the game just to attempt to justify a gamepad as required?

Anung

Un Rama
So how does this version of the game handle 'scanning' and other awful shoehorned mechanics that were added into the game just to attempt to justify a gamepad as required?

Hold L1 and aim around. Ping is mapped to Triangle/Y and the rest is button presses/touch pad. Which is fine. I like the immersive quality of the game pad but using a controller wins over for me on a preference level.

I'm really enjoying the game..... I got hooked to it till I reached a point where sadly I can't go any further, why?

Install Progress 18% -____-"

And some guys are clapping and cheering for all digital future gaming.....

Physical all the way & Physical forever <3

Now I can't believe I have to wait forever till I can continue the game ( my download speed SUCKS ).

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Who would like to make a bet that if the sequel will be announced, they will leave the Wii U out?

Of course they're going to leave it out. They'd be foolish not to.

Edit: Reading this thread makes me want to fire up the Wii U and play it some more. I really need to get back to it.

The dirt filter in the original is retarded to say the least. You're supposedly looking through the eyes of your character. A character that insists on putting gravel in his/her eyes? Barely any gameplay features have been taken out by the way.
-local multiplayer
-dead friends/people connected appearing as zombies
-message writing (that was so dumbed down in the first place it felt silly)

Everything else is there. You did write that the original is the best version, but only against the xbone & ps4 versions. Compared to PC it's a give or take situation where they both have equally strong selling points.

Replies like this I just find funny. If it doesnt affect me it doesnt count attitude in todays gamers is just annoying.

I do agree about the PC port. X1 and PS4 is a huge pass.

Chabbles

30 with (heavy?) dips.

I wouldn't put it like that, in 5+ hours its been smooth (PS4) for me, great responsiveness with the aiming too. The dips i've experienced were fleeting and during the outside section on the way to Buckingham palace. Its in the rain with a thunder storm going on. On the bigger flashes of lightening there were some dips. For the most part though, performance has been great so far.

Melchiah

So, I'm wondering if I should buy this now or later, as someone posted about a bug that crashed the game, and resulted with a loss of progress. Dunno which platform (s)he played the game on. And does the game run at 1080p?

DukeBobby

wow, what a lackluster ending. Other than that, I loved this game. Kept the original survivor alive throughout the whole game as well.

There are two more endings, but they aren't any better.

You get one of them if
you die on the way to the Tower of London
and the other if you
reach the helicopter without having the Panacea. I guess you have to die in the Queen's Quarters to get that ending as you probably can't get back in with a new survivor.

Survival horror games depend on immersion and removing one of the key features that make the game immersive hinders the experience. I'm double dipping on it (Wii U/PC) because I loved the core game but if I had any way of playing the PC version with the Gamepad, I would because that's the best way to play it.

Every time I had to look at the WiiU gamepad it broke the immersion for me. People saying it's like "looking down to look in a backpack"...what? It's like looking away from the game I'm playing to check something on my tablet. I don't find that even slightly immersive.

Scoot2005

Banned
I haven's even gotten to the first objective yet and this port seems to be handing ammo out like candy. I played the Wii U version enough so this is a walk in the park to me. Seriously though, I have almost 2 full extra clips of ammo and I'm not out of the train station yet.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
This thread reminds me of the PS2 release of RE4. The game was about a year old and the GC version was still the best, but man so many Nintendo fans felt threatened by the game they attacked it at every opportunity.
I played both versions and the GC version was the best of the two, but if all you had was a PS2, the PS2 version was perfectly fine.
There's nothing wrong with comparing the versions and saying which one you think is better, but the hyperbole is ridiculous.
Find something better to do, kids. If you really need to trash some video game to validate your purchasing choices, then that's pretty sad.

Bought it at launch on Wii U, full price. I still need to finish it because I only play it in small chunks, I get too scared.

Best horror game I have played with RE4, although that one still is more action oriented. ZombiU feels like a true survival simulator.

I know exactly what it means. You on the other hand doesn't seem to know that it's a nose diving framerate that can cause stuttering in the form of a frame that freezes for a split second. I'm not saying that it's nose diving constantly or that it's stuck with a really low framerate for a longer period of time. It does however drop by much very suddenly sometimes when thunder strikes (note not every thunder strike) which causes the evident jump from one frame to another. The only thing embarrassing here is that you're hell bent on defending the original in this aspect based solely on one youtube video. If I personally play it and notice it now and then and then play the pc version as well where I can log the framerate through for example msi's afterburner and see the framerate go from 144fps to 80 which is almost half that is a nose dive. Not to mention proof of the original also faring from this nose dive since the effect of the lagging frames are the same.

I'm pretty sure the reason no one is taking your opinion seriously is that you keep referring to a lightning strike as a Thunder Strike (see image).

thunder-strike-2-usa.jpg

autoduelist

I wouldn't put it like that, in 5+ hours its been smooth (PS4) for me, great responsiveness with the aiming too. The dips i've experienced were fleeting and during the outside section on the way to Buckingham palace. Its in the rain with a thunder storm going on. On the bigger flashes of lightening there were some dips. For the most part though, performance has been great so far.

Thanks for this! Sounds like the game is a go for me.

Might be due to the Black Ops 3 Beta? I am facing same slow download speeds even though they were fine yesterday.

I think that's quite likely. Tons of people going for that beta, combined with a general store update.

Hupsel

Is there a list of improvements, like framerate and so on? Played on the WiiU a little bit, was a cool game for the first few hours I played.

I'm seeing this game with price tag of 24.99 USD on my steam. Is this a mistake or are they already planning to change the price? Some people in Steam are also seeing this, but not all of them.

greg400

Banned

LOL, you don't need a means of recording ZombiU, there's over 50 full walkthroughs of the game on YouTube. You're typing a whole lot of shit without actually saying anything. Let me know when you learn how to use the Internet, I can teach you if you need help.

yeah...default brightness is set way too high...needs to be at 25-35%

another thing I did was set the stick sensitivity to 100%...you'd think that would be too fast but honestly it's not...to me it feels a lot better set that way

scitek

The game looks awful. If this is the upgraded version, I dont want to see the original

It wasn't made for screenshots. It was made for playing, and the atmosphere it conveys while doing so is quite convincing. I think that's a lot in part due to the aesthetic choices made.

Xander51

Really enjoying this on PC. I played a fair bit of it back at Wii U launch but never finished it. Now I hope to remedy that. The lack of graphics options is kind of a bummer, and I had it crash once trying to exit a loading screen, but other than that seems to run well and the textures are a big improvement.

Top Bottom