• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Hunt The Truth Season 2 |OT| Glassed Planets Have Bad Records...

Wait... Were we supposed to know that Fero
was actually working for UNSC? I don't remember that from season 1. Damn good episode as expected.

Well, the fact that
all her info turned out to backfire for Ben was a hint,
but we didn't really know if
it was her, or someone else, as she DID kill those other ONI agents.
Makes sense though now that I think about it. Still wonder if she actually did
kill M'shak. I sure hope not!
Great start!

Don't forget the images that get posted to the Tumblr. This week's is pretty hot...

tumblr_nv3bt40y8Y1uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

Sexy! ODST Wiley?

Breaking down the cast:
Janina Gavankar (FERO): Luna Garza in True Blood
Mark Hamill: well it's Mark Hamill
Tamara Taylor: Dr. Camille Saroyan of Bones
Alan Tudyk: Hoban Washburne of Firefly
Bruce Thomas: you might not know it but he is the motion capture actor of Master Chief in Halo 4
Jerry Trainor: Spencer Shay of iCarly
Rosa Salazar: Brenda of Maze Runner
Peter Serafinowicz: Denarian Saal of Guardians of Galaxy
Vanessa Marshall: Dr. Strangelove of MGS: Peace Walker and MGSV, Olga of MGS2
William Salyers: Mordin Solus of Mass Effect 2 and 3

Nephtes

I power listened to Hunt the Truth season 1 in two nights. Waiting for each episode of season 2 a week at a time is going to be rough... D:

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Breaking down the cast:
Bruce Thomas: you might not know it but he is the motion capture actor of Master Chief in Halo 4

Reaction to Peter Serafinowicz's character will be interesting for me.

crash7800

Breaking down the cast:

I really liked Janina in Far Cry 4

So I know that this is slightly off topic but this is Vlaud's wife and his neck is in a lot of pain so I'm writing this for him. He's trying to find something to listen to while he's resting his neck in the tub. What Halo books are on audio books, and which one should l he listen to first so I can set it up for him?

So I know that this is slightly off topic but this is Vlaud's wife and his neck is in a lot of pain so I'm writing this for him. He's trying to find something to listen to while he's resting his neck in the tub. What Halo books are on audio books, and which one should l he listen to first so I can set it up for him?

Has he listened to any? If not, start with Fall of Reach, then First Strike.. then Ghosts of Onyx.. there are a ton of books, and I'm sure most are audio books by now.

If he's listened or read most of them already, then get Halo: Last Light, it just came out last week and it's amazing.

Hope he feels better!

So just found out that this existed 3 hours and 33 minutes ago and just blitzed through S1 Supercut. Well hot damn, that was amazing. Acting and story was pretty awesome. Multiple moments of thinking damn this is a good VA.

I need that S2 Supercut (or maybe just cave and listen weekly now.)

Kalentan

So just found out that this existed 3 hours and 33 minutes ago and just blitzed through S1 Supercut. Well hot damn, that was amazing. Acting and story was pretty awesome. Multiple moments of thinking damn this is a good VA.

I need that S2 Supercut (or maybe just cave and listen weekly now.)

Watch it with us. So you can be involved in the episode discussions. :O

I never expected
Ferro to be the betrayer
... I guess i
fell for the "Look, we saved you by killing the people that were supposed to kill you" tactic

Great episode though, looking forward to the next

RoKKeR

FERO always seemed a little too...convenient for Ben, but I was definitely thrown by the revelation in this weeks episode.

Very pleased these are back - off to a great start!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Finally listening to season 1, it's fantastic. If the story of the game follows the events in this, with why the Chief is being hunted, it'll be fantastic.

I just hope they explain it all to people who didn't listen to this.

RoKKeR

Finally listening to season 1, it's fantastic. If the story of the game follows the events in this, with why the Chief is being hunted, it'll be fantastic.

I just hope they explain it all to people who didn't listen to this.
This is my concern as well. Hope the game doesn't rely too much on outside lore as Halo 4 did.

I gotta rewatch the last few episodes, because somehow I already knew that
FERO was working for the UNSC,
but I cannot for the life of me remember how I know that.

I'm gonna claim victory anyway.

crash7800

I gotta rewatch the last few episodes, because somehow I already knew that
FERO was working for the UNSC,
but I cannot for the life of me remember how I know that.

I'm gonna claim victory anyway.

IIRC, you guessed parts of the ending or at least got close in the original HTT thread.

But it was just a good guess ;)

so what are some sites where I can get the audio books?

I read The Fall of Reach years ago, and lost the book. So I went to Amazon to download the Kindle version. But then there was an option to also buy the Audible audiobook for a reduced price (at the time, it was a DRASTICALLY reduced price). After I listened to Fall of Reach, I bought First Strike the same way (both the Kindle version and the Audible audiobook), and once I finished First Strike, I did the same for Ghosts of Onyx, which I am currently listening to. Have to admit, I'm gonna have to actually read them at some point, as I'm mostly listening to them while I'm engaged in something else, and am not absorbing every detail.

Anyway, I would suggest that you do it that way, as buying the Audible audiobook by itself is more expensive than going to Amazon and buying both the Kindle and Audible version.

M52B28

Banned
This was a great episode, but I feel like it lacked the visceral feel that season 1 had. Season one had really gritty audio.

Grazzt

I think the last few episodes of season 1 kinda indicated that
Fero was a UNSC/ONI agent
And who are those
"67 insurgents" Fero mentioned at the end?

Pretty good start, it feels good to have it back. I like listening to it in bed with the lights turned down low, feels like listening to a pirate-radio station. It makes for a dark and mysterious mood, and it lets me sharpen my ears and concentration.

Not quite as claustrophobic as the first season though, but I guess it's not meant to be. I suppose it's a good thing they're a bit different.

I don't like how it hard-cuts at the very end of the clip though, seems amateurish compared to the first season and kinda breaks the mood.

Pretty good start, should be a fun season. Not to derail the thread, but if I can get a book or two in before Halo 5, which should I get? I have read Reach, The Flood, first strike. Do any of them lead into halo 5?

shoreu

Well, the fact that
all her info turned out to backfire for Ben was a hint,
but we didn't really know if
it was her, or someone else, as she DID kill those other ONI agents.
Makes sense though now that I think about it. Still wonder if she actually did
kill M'shak. I sure hope not!
Great start!

I totally feel like
she's going to defect to the innies.

shiba5

I think the last few episodes of season 1 kinda indicated that
Fero was a UNSC/ONI agent
And who are those
"67 insurgents" Fero mentioned at the end?

Those were the rebel casualties from when they grabbed her.

Bsigg12

Can someone summarize what the new episode was about/just unveiled? I struggled to understand any of it.

All spoilered:

FERO was giving a speech in front of a bunch of insurrectionists when ONI operatives dropped in and pulled her out. It is at that point revealed she (Maya) is an ONI agent and has been posing as FERO for 5 years. She killed 2 ONI agents to maintain her cover, she was ordered to do so. She also killed Mshak with an unregistered weapon to maintain her cover. At the end, she goes into how she's questioning what she's doing after losing tons of people she had grown close to during her op

That's the general idea of what happened as I understand it.

Top Bottom