• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Concord’ Lead Character Designer Believes “Whites Must Acknowledge Their Privileged Position, And Then Actively Work For Equality” Also Claims The Ju

Laptop1991

As soon as they make these posts now, i just automatically switch off and won't show any interest in the game, if they just said nothing, i don't think many would be as bothered about the agenda.

The characters are ugly.
It’s a first-person shooter, so the one I am playing I can’t see myself and the others I can shoot in the face.

I say we have a winner here!

Unless it seeps into the game. I don’t care about anyone’s personal views on just about anything, but that means I don’t want anything to do with it in the products I purchase.

Depends on how it seeps into the game for me. For instance. I could care less about the he/him pronoun thing. I think it's stupid as hell but I'm not going to pass up on a fun game because they put the characters pronouns in the top right.

Now if I'm playing the game and my character starts screaming out "Trans women are real women" randomly then yes that's a game I will have to pass on.

BigBeauford

Gold Member
I can get behind the notion of people, anyone, in a position of power should do everything they can for equity for all. I also think people have a very biased, convoluted notion of what racism is and a warped view about it's application in our systems. "The entire penal/judicial system is white supremacy" is a level of a radical level of brainwashed nonsense.

But I'm also getting fucking sick of people shitting on a having a larger roster of black people as if that's because of some made up nefarious purpose over having a majority of white people. That one is innately fine over another is gross. Instead nail the game for a questionable palate and cast that possibly looks worse than Lawbreakers.
No one is asking for white people in lieu of black people, people are complaining about the lack of white people in the game period.

Last edited:
As a terrible developer myself, I do not understand what you get for being like this when you have a good position. I believe politics and all that should be left outside your work environment, insulting people and dismissing their feedback will backfire, you need to take input as it is without taking it personally and decide what you do with it, let it be for good or bad.

I fear that due to this we will have another studio shutdown soon. All, I can do is this:

backing up homer simpson GIF

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
As a terrible developer myself, I do not understand what you get for being like this when you have a good position. I believe politics and all that should be left outside your work environment, insulting people and dismissing their feedback will backfire, you need to take input as it is without taking it personally and decide what you do with it, let it be for good or bad.
It's either ESG score incentives or religious people shoving their religion in everyone's face.

gerth666

I'm not going to lie, I voted UKIP in the past and I'll be voting Reform this time round. They actually give a shit about Wales, Scotland and NI - but they'll never get in because these fucking idiot sheep are pre-programmed to believe you either vote one or the other. It's like we're walking around in a sea of Manchester City or Manchester United shirts and there's a few local clubs every 10 square miles.
It's an illusion of democracy. It's a shout between the same thing, Labour or Torrie, it doesn't matter, your voting for the same thing. I'll be joining you on reform

this stuff is fun, but i just want excellent games at the end of the day--dont care who makes them

you want to hate white people in your free time? jews? palestinians? frogs? school buses? knock yourself out.
production and the person are separate for me.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Spoiler: there aren't

This game will fail spectacularly and it will be glorious.

I'd just like to know which idiot greenlit this.
umm...you only have like 2 options now, helmet and the dude that look like fake kiryu from kiwami 2, those are the 2 heads in charge.

(or jimbo)

Last edited:

Puscifer

God.... i loved my games when the pixels on my screen dont had a sex life and whatever privileges
I gotta admit I blame all this on romancing shit in games. When it went from friendship bonding to marrying and shit everyone started feeling like they needed to be represented. I literally couldn't stand Anders in Dragon Age 2 seemingly wanting to fuck me in every conversation.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Sorry guys, but if you start excluding people and products based on the "unacceptable" political views of some of the creatives, I fail to see how that makes you any different from the woke-scolds of the world.

Different side but same game.
Who said we're on anyone's side? Lunatic right or lunatic left, they can all go get fucked for all I care. I for one just have a principle of staying away from patronizing activism, period. And that's just one of this game's issues anyway.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Not a chance

I can pick and chose who I give my money to based on any factor as I see fit

Not telling you what to do, just making an observation.

Its like the silly cartoon that Cherryfalls just posted; the heart of the matter is this dumb framing where there can only be 2 sides to an argument. Its not always "Us versus Them".

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
These posts by the dev were made in 2020, they probably still hold up but still...
Ain't that the game they play though, look up something from years ago and make a big hoopla out of it.

makaveli60

And he must acknowledge that he will not see a cent from me, not only because he is a braindead racist, but because his game is one of the most generic turd in development.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Anyone who thinks that this has the ugliest character designs needs to go back and see Bleeding Edge and Destruction All Stars

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And if you do that on the basis of a personal political opinion you’re no different than the purple haired woke mob
Not even close

And you're damn right I make some buying decisions based on personal political opinion

When I had a massive project built at my home I paid more money to reward a company that were 100% US Veterans, gtfo comparing me to that crowd

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I'm confused, do people here genuinely not thing that minorities face any discrimination that white people don't?

That's what privilege is, it's not being discriminated against as much. It's not like a magic power where people give you free shit, it just means you deal with one less kind of bullshit in life.

Not even close

And you're damn right I make some buying decisions based on personal political opinion

When I had a massive project built at my home I paid more money to reward a company that were 100% US Veterans, gtfo comparing me to that crowd

Did you ask those Veterans about white patriarchy and make sure they weren’t before giving them the job?

Sorry guys, but if you start excluding people and products based on the "unacceptable" political views of some of the creatives, I fail to see how that makes you any different from the woke-scolds of the world.

Different side but same game.
The difference is that one side (the woke) wants products banned for "unacceptable" views of the creatives, while the other side refuses to buy products for "unacceptable" views of the creatives. People here dont seriously want Concord to be cancelled/banned. Most of them just calling the game DOA and the character designer a weirdo.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
God.... i loved my games when the pixels on my screen dont had a sex life and whatever privileges
This was never the problem, mass effect has romance and many consider the saga one of the highest peak in vg.

You loved games when they were made by nerdy, passionate devs instead of non-binary activists.

Last edited:

CherryFalls

I'm confused, do people here genuinely not thing that minorities face any discrimination that white people don't?

That's what privilege is, it's not being discriminated against as much. It's not like a magic power where people give you free shit, it just means you deal with one less kind of bullshit in life.
Exact opposite is true.

main-qimg-3a14e6a85524954b699cff06950586e1

Last edited:

whyman

Is this man insinuating that people of color are incapable of achieving equality without white people actively pointing out how privileged white people are?
It sounds unbelievably racist to me. Does Sony support racists now?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don’t care what they do, it’s their game and their choice but I do want them acknowledge that creative freedom works both ways, that means Asian devs also allowed design their characters however they want without personally insulted by western journalist……that’s all.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I’m not going to cancel him for holding a shitty opinion as long as his game is good.

Could give two fucks about someone’s personal politics that works on a game
His shitty opinion is affecting his game design, and it's a domino effect, so others will also have some effect even on other medias. It's not now that we saw this shit. Did you played Silent Hill: the Short Message? Did you watch The Acolyte?

Bojji

I bet they are proud about their white privilege, maybe they have better spots on the street thanks to that?

be9b0a94-1b35-4811-b1f0-6b8753062d62.jpg

5bef0de110114241ba0cb9fc

Who the fuck green lighted this game at Sony? Woke "in your face" trash like this usually bombs, even if the game is decent gamers will just want to punish stupid woke devs...

Last edited:
Top Bottom