• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Concord’ Lead Character Designer Believes “Whites Must Acknowledge Their Privileged Position, And Then Actively Work For Equality” Also Claims The Ju

It's the insidious intention, not the color most people get mad about I suspect. I don't give a shit what folks look like, but the moment it becomes clear you are following a diseased agenda, I'm out.

No one is asking for white people in lieu of black people, people are complaining about the lack of white people in the game period.

Both valid points but not what I'm referring to. Some people have absolutely shit on the game for a majority black cast. Not everyone of course, but they're out there. Hell I've seen people dismiss black leads as just a DEI hire rather than an equally compelling choice on their own merit. If there's an intentional "fuck you" exclusion thing going on than I'll be right there too hoping it bombs. It doesn't seem to be his message from what I read, a bit warped as some of his views are, but we'll see.

GymWolf

Gold Member
amanda seyfried GIF
200.gif

Meh, these posts are from 4 years ago. I don't think we should value them that much. He might have changed his mind on those statements. Probably not, if his new project is any indication. Still, gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.

That is some grade a nonsense if you are equating personal decisions to avoid a product with social media campaigns to get people fired for making those products or saying anything the mob disagrees with.

I’m just talking above product boycotts in general based on individual worker’s personal opinions, not firing individual people

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
On the plus side for laughs, the artwork is fugly. Poor looking characters with a pasty kind of colour pallete.

So what he’s saying is all his non-white game characters got to be ugly. If he says so. Lol

Name one person who wants to play as that hipster version of Shrek. Lol

Last edited:
There is still a huge difference between personal decisions to avoid a product and trying to get others to boycott it.

Saying I am not buying is not the same thing as saying you should not buy it.

That’s not what I’m taking about at all

I’m talking about the woke mob that won’t buy a game because someone who worked on it said a conservative remark on Twitter

It’s the same garbage here

Fabieter

Honestly even with Helldivers 2 sony showed the can't do gaas. The game don't have one major update four month after release is redcioulous.

SHA

I'm not a racist or reactive to this stuff, but I'm a %100 sure this stuff only makes sense when it's personal, it's not an educated piece or a topic to guide the community, this stuff literally makes zero sense.

Last edited:

BigBeauford

Gold Member
I’m just talking above product boycotts in general based on individual worker’s personal opinions, not firing individual people
The difference is 20 years ago these creative types still had these opinions but at least they recognized they gotta eat so they largely kept it separate from their works.

These days, they are applauded with injecting their message into the game. Pronouns and the lack of pale folks (you know, the overwhelming consumer of your product) speak volumes; I can't even imagine the cringe dialogue people will be subjected to.

I kind of like the idea of the game, but I'm mature enough to know that no game is worth discarding my principles over: namely giving my money to people who don't like me.

PeteBull

Meh, these posts are from 4 years ago. I don't think we should value them that much. He might have changed his mind on those statements. Probably not, if his new project is any indication. Still, gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.
The woke libtards only getting worse, if that game prioritises woke agenda u can bet it doesnt prioritise innovation/fun gameplay/quality.

Ofc every1 decides themselfs what to do with their hard earned money, but best to be aware and not have our hopes high, there is plenty games/series as is who were fucked up only coz quality of the game wasnt made priority, in that case devs/publishers can only blame themselfs if their game bombs :p

And about white privilege- i will just say as a guy who was born and rised in Eastern Europe(100% white like basically all eastern europeans, we didnt enslave ppl of colour in other continents so no1 is mixed here, slaves existed tho, they were called peons, they were white, and owned by aristocrats/higher born class).
When i was young back in communist times, u had to work for a month to get pair of jeans, not to mention stuff like entertainment/videogames.

To every1 complaining how tuff they got nowadays, thats the tv i had till 1995,14 inch black and white one no remote obviously

If there is any privilege- its rich/pretty privilage, and not skin color one ;)

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
So…everyone was upset at conservatives getting cancelled and we should just do the same thing?

Don’t buy the game based on the merits of the game itself, not the political beliefs of someone who worked on it

I can assure you that a huge portion of the products you consume and games you buy are done so by people with similar beliefs
So if Hitler personally made GTA 6 ... You would still buy ? ....

Yes we buy products made by fucked up people.. without knowing... as soon as we know we can make a decision based on the new info.

Nobody is going to this guys company and asking him to be fired ... but not buying a product made by him is perfectly acceptable imho.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Honestly even with Helldivers 2 sony showed the can't do gaas. The game don't have one major update four month after release is redcioulous.

Helldivers is not developed by Sony. That game is way over Arrowhead's scope. Sony should give them a lot of support so they don't "die from success".

Most likely Concord has a bigger budget.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If you are specifically referring to someone digging up 4 year old tweets to shame the devs before the game comes out then I understand. I'm not a fan of that either.
He was pretty specific saying people that bought any product from companies because they align with some view or beliefs as the buyer that they were just as bad as the purple haired woke culture mob

He was pretty specific saying people that bought any product from companies because they align with some view or beliefs as the buyer that they were just as bad as the purple haired woke culture mob

No I wasn’t

There’s a difference between a company doing something and an individual who works for that company tweeting a personal political belief

I dont see monthly warbonds as good support. And some of the other stuff were cool but it's feeling stale already four month after release so idk man.
They added a bunch of new weapons and strategems. New upgrades, new armors, new missions and new enemies.

Things are constantly moving on the galactic map and the latest was a planet that suddenly got sucked into a black hole.
And most of this content is available outside of the warbonds.

And it’s only been 4 months. They have been killing it!

Fabieter

They added a bunch of new weapons and strategems. New upgrades, new armors, new missions and new enemies.

Things are constantly moving on the galactic map and the latest was a planet that suddenly got sucked into a black hole.
And most of this content is available outside of the warbonds.

And it’s only been 4 months. They have been killing it!

If they are killing it but people still dropping off the game than its a death sentence.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Fuck 95 U.S. for nothing ? This is AC Shadows again, create controversy and the put those prices

Early access for a new IP , this is not COD or Overwatch. As a Gaas base Concord should cost 40 at much and this Deluxe 50.

Crazy price for a Game That could bomb.

Y
It would be funny if the few people who got it early couldn't even get a game running.

The woke libtards only getting worse, if that game prioritises woke agenda u can bet it doesnt prioritise innovation/fun gameplay/quality.

Ofc every1 decides themselfs what to do with their hard earned money, but best to be aware and not have our hopes high, there is plenty games/series as is who were fucked up only coz quality of the game wasnt made priority, in that case devs/publishers can only blame themselfs if their game bombs :p

And about white privilege- i will just say as a guy who was born and rised in Eastern Europe(100% white like basically all eastern europeans, we didnt enslave ppl of colour in other continents so no1 is mixed here, slaves existed tho, they were called peons, they were white, and owned by aristocrats/higher born class).
When i was young back in communist times, u had to work for a month to get pair of jeans, not to mention stuff like entertainment/videogames.

To every1 complaining how tuff they got nowadays, thats the tv i had till 1995,14 inch black and white one no remote obviously

If there is any privilege- its rich/pretty privilage, and not skin color one ;)

Thankfully this shite is a mostly American phenomenon.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's disgusting to look at the thousands of genuinely talented, passionate people that lost their jobs in this industry over the last couple of years... and then this weak man still has his, along with a soapbox to shout dumb shit unchecked.

ReBurn

Gold Member
No I wasn’t

There’s a difference between a company doing something and an individual who works for that company tweeting a personal political belief
Tell that to Kara Lynne. She'd still be fired from LImited Run Games over an old tweet and threats of boycott from bronies, but it might make her feel better.

But seriously, for better or worse this stuff matters now because people like this person made it matter. They fostered the mentality that things should not be purchased if they're made by someone who is canceled. They just didn't count on the pendulum swinging both ways.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Anyone who thinks that this has the ugliest character designs needs to go back and see Bleeding Edge and Destruction All Stars
Destruction All Stars was slightly better but also completely lacking in creativity. But I kinda liked Bleeding Edge character designs. At least I didn't notice anything totally negative.

DaGwaphics

Sounds like the type of guy that should maybe leave the marketing/social media to someone else if they want the game to sell. Taking polarizing positions and then not expected that to bleed over to the reputation of the work/product being sold isn't that smart in today's climate. Maybe make an anonymous profile if you want to go wild on the internet.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Exact opposite is true.

main-qimg-3a14e6a85524954b699cff06950586e1

Look if that's your stupid point then I'm not going to bother to argue with you. We all know where this argument goes when I start asking follow up questions about why YOU think there are gaps in pay and education and policing.

But I think about 99% of people would agree racial discrimination against minorities exists to some extent in ways it doesn't against whites.

Few people get bent out of shape when you acknowledge discrimination existing. But when you frame the lack of discrimination as "privilege," people tend to bristle. Even though this is exactly the same thing (like describing a coin as "heads up" or "tails down").

That's a pretty good argument for why "privilege" is the wrong word to use, but it's a pretty bad argument for boycotting anything made by any kind of race normie. It's really exhausting to see discussion about games dragged into this endless bullshit about whether or not the staff or the community manager or the fucking janitor might not be racist enough.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
No I wasn’t

Yeah well when I give people my money I don't have a threshold for the number of people that can be stupid, one using Twitter for shit like this is enough to sink their product to me

Tell that to Kara Lynne. She'd still be fired from LImited Run Games over an old tweet and threats of boycott from bronies, but it might make her feel better.

But seriously, for better or worse this stuff matters now because people like this person made it matter. They fostered the mentality that things should not be purchased if they're made by someone who is canceled. They just didn't count on the pendulum swinging both ways.

Two wrongs don’t meme a right, both sides doing this are at fault

IDappa

I’m not going to cancel him for holding a shitty opinion as long as his game is good.

Could give two fucks about someone’s personal politics that works on a game
Be honest, you have to be apart of the dev team. You’ve been defending this generic pos since reveal.

Top Bottom