• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

At last year's E3 everybody here said this game will be slaughtered by reviewers.

That thought changed now? The game looks stunning.

I predict it will get Killzone reviews if it's lucky since it there is no MP to go to if isn't a great SP experience.

Wakka212

I'm loving the lower paced segments of this game. A lot of what I loved about TLOU was the ability to explore the details of the world and let the environment and atmosphere really seep in.

For such cutscene heavy third person shooter, I'm glad to see they added explorative elements...even though they are mainly directed down very set paths, you still get a chance to appreciate the world they've built through slowly observing the incredible detail.

schaft0620

spoilers? I'm out.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10955-1381767081-17.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
"Concern" trolling is probably the worst thing to happen in the last few years.

Is it really a new thing, or have people merely found a new label for mildly critical posts that allows them to dismiss them out of hand?

I think the real plague might be the constant cries of "concern trolling!" Any kind of posting that is based heavily on speculating about another poster's motives rather than making a contribution on the topic of the thread is cancerous.

I mean, there are probably a few posts that really are disingenuous expressions of concern, but the term is now so abused that we'd all be better off if we just ignored the concerned citizens and stayed on topic.

asmudge

Banned
Is it really a new thing, or have people merely found a new label for mildly critical posts that allows them to dismiss them out of hand?

I think the real plague might be the constant cries of "concern trolling!" Any kind of posting that is based heavily on speculating about another poster's motives rather than making a contribution on the topic of the thread is cancerous.

I mean, there are probably a few posts that really are disingenuous expressions of concern, but the term is now so abused that we'd all be better off if we just ignored the concerned citizens and stayed on topic.

It's a new childish attempt at trying to replace the word criticism from the English dictionary after haterzzz yes.

Surprised it isn't banned yet outside bieber forums.

It's a new childish attempt at trying to replace the word criticism from the English dictionary after haterzzz yes.

Surprised it isn't banned yet outside bieber forums.

Nah, there's a difference between concern posting/trolling and genuine criticism. I learned that from the many TLoU, Driveclub, and The Order threads I've posted in over the past few months.

CLBridges

I'm getting this game just because I've been waiting for a 3rd person shooter for PS4, haven't been keeping up with it much so I hope it plays as good as it looks. Also, I hope it has a lot of replay value since I don't think any MP is apart of the game, going physical copy just in case so I could get some of my money back if I don't like it.

asmudge

Banned
Nah, there's a difference between concern posting/trolling and genuine criticism. I learned that from the many TLoU, Driveclub, and The Order threads I've posted in over the past few months.

Ah yes the driveclub threads.

''only 50 cars?? That's kinda low innit?''

''lel u sound..........concerned huhuhuhu''

I agree there's a lot of stupidity in the order threads but like the dog said concern trolling is getting thrown at pretty much everything at this point.

HF2014

Decide to un-media blackout this game and watch the trailer. Wondering something, is it the youtube video quality or the fps seem below 30fps?

Yeah.

Genuine criticism is usually a post backed up with sufficient evidence to support the concern, based on the posters own experience/opinion.

A concern post is more along the lines of "i hope this is good but really im worried about it being boring" without any context given as to what about it looks boring.

Of course neither of these rules apply to all situations but as a general guideline they're sound. No reasonable person has a problem with criticism and discussion, but the driveby one sentence posts add nothing.

Mifune

Mehmber
You should have seen me when I was playing AC3. Gunning and slicing down my fellow brits. Felt so weird.

I didn't play AC3 but was there any sense of unease about killing them, or were they just painted as the bad guys?

I'm hoping The Order plays up the unease factor. Have a feeling it will.

I didn't play AC3 but was there any sense of unease about killing them, or were they just painted as the bad guys?
I'm hoping The Order plays up the unease factor. Have a feeling it will.[/QUOTE

They were painted as bad guys but it just felt wrong to be slaughtering your own country men. Guess that can apply to any game though.

fantomena

I want my review copy dammit! Contacted a couple of other medias today, none of them have a copy of it yet for review purposes.

Ricky_R

Tuesday seems too late. I'd think launch trailers would go out a week in advance.

Yeah, but I don't like Mondays, and I'd prefer a week day.

I think Monday is a bad day to release anything. You can get people on Tuesday who already recovered from the drought of the first day of the week, and you remind them that, not only the weekend is closer, but you'll get to play fucking The Order on Friday. Then on Wednesday word of mouth is setting off nicely, many people are getting hyped with the trailer and the excitement is dangerously climbing because there's two days left. On Thursday everybody is going out of their minds talking about the trailer and how they can't fucking sleep waiting on the game. They just can't take it anymore. On Friday, the game releases, meltdowns all over, people vomiting and fainting everywhere. All of that concentrated on a four day lapse.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom