• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I want my review copy dammit! Contacted a couple of other medias today, none of them have a copy of it yet for review purposes.
I wouldn't be surprised if media doesn't get them until next Monday or something. It's not going to be a game that takes a massive amount of time to review.

Welcome to NeoGAF, where even posts about games get hype :p

This is the first segment (shrunk down)

jOMzcsY.png
Lookin' good. Love the layout.

viveks86

Yeah, but I don't like Mondays, and I'd prefer a week day.

I think Monday is a bad day to release anything. You can get people on Tuesday who already recovered from the drought of the first day of the week, and you remind them that, not only the weekend is closer, but you'll get to play fucking The Order on Friday. Then on Wednesday word of mouth is setting off nicely, many people are getting hyped with the trailer and the excitement is dangerously climbing because there's two days left. On Thursday everybody is going out of their minds talking about the trailer and how they can't fucking sleep waiting on the game. They just can't take it anymore. On Friday, the game releases, meltdowns all over, people vomiting and fainting everywhere. All of that concentrated on a four day lapse.

;)

Not even one day reserved for concerns? HerculesDisappointed.gif

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
PlayStation LifeStyle here, and yep, review codes have not been sent yet. I gather sometime next week given how the game can be completed in a day.

Still hyped, though.:) Hope it delivers.

wont read the spoilers, but tell me... are they HYPE?

Not quite CLEGANEBOWL, but there's a lot of promising stuff. I think most of it is early-game too (minus the major one people are alluding to here, which is likely around the middle), so more hints and such rather than major reveals.
Welcome to NeoGAF, where even posts about games get hype :p

This is the first segment (shrunk down)

jOMzcsY.png

So good. Wish I had the |OT| tools and skills.

fantomena

Havent read too much about the game in GAF threads other than people worrying about QTEs and the gaming have a super strong story.

Probably both. Speculated completion time for the game is 10-12 hours, maybe stretch to 8-14 factoring in difficulties. Either way that's easily doable in a day, like most action/adventure games.

I don't think I would enjoy playing a game in a single session like that. Even with games like Uncharted, which I love, I try take my time with them.

I wonder if that has an effect on what reviewers think of a game, or if they are simply accostumed to playing like that?

I don't think I would enjoy playing a game in a single session like that. Even with games like Uncharted, which I love, I try take my time with them.

I wonder if that has an effect on what reviewers think of a game, or if they are simply accostumed to playing like that?

I don't review games for a living so I can't speak for them, but I imagine they do not have the luxury of playing games at a leisurely pace.

Listening to Colin Moriarty (formerly IGN) on some of his podcasts he mentions that he doesn't even get to review games at work in the office, he has to play them at home, and has no spare time to actually play games of his own choosing. It's pretty much crunch through them as quick as possible, put out the review, and move on to the next one.

Especially when games arrive only days before release, sites want to get their review out first for hits so I imagine the crunch is real.

This game looks amazing. Any word on a new game plus? Maybe something like The Last of Us new game+.
Imo unless this game has some kinds of skill upgrades or allows players to keep all of their weapon at the same time, I can't see what will be carried over and thus, there might not be new game plus.

viveks86

STOP IT, VIVEKS. Leave your virgin eyes enjoy it the first time by yourself!

I just did! :p

But I also closed my eyes anytime it got too crazy. So I know, but I don't know, you know? It's an awesome feeling. The story telling in this game has me hyped beyond what I'd imagined.

No more stream please. I already know too much T-T

pptwoj.gif

Don't worry. No spoilers here anymore. Only hype. And boy am I pumped!

Skux

It's too bare. :/

I made it deliberately image-focused. The game itself is not hard to explain - it's a linear 3rd person shooter with familiar controls. It's not something like No Man's Sky which is a lot of concepts in an open and unfamiliar game style. So I chose to provide the vital info and let the images speak for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom