• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putty

I caved in! 8(

However..........WOWSERS! based purely on what I saw......this ain't no 5 or 6 or 7 or maybe 8 out 10 scenario!

Blackout from here on in.

viveks86

viveks WTF are you doing? stop ruining it for yourself :3

8616261.gif

LOL. No worries. I've managed to skip most story spoilers. Seeing everything on mute as well. I still don't know half the stuff other do in the spoilers thread.

Is it next gen gameplay?

Haha. Nope. Sorry

Spineker

Banned
It's not hyperbole unless if you don't care single player. RAD mixed many things in the gameplay to make it interesting for many people(still some will not like some stuff but as a package many will agree ).

Will GAF as a whole be surprised at how good it is? In other words, will crow be eaten?

I'm going in expecting a decent to good story, some face melting visuals and some satisfying shooting. I doubt I will be disappointed. Seems like a decent amount of buzz coming out of just the first chapter of the game so far. I imagine everything will be known about the game in the coming days. Will have to be vigilant in my avoiding spoilers.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Interesting. I really hope this isn't hyperbole.

It's definitely 8 material in the basement looking at those first 30-40 minutes (despite the person playing being terrible).

I think the big question after that will be how that will translate to 8-10 hours of gameplay without falling back to much on what was shown there. Some of the later footage shown in the B-rolls and trailers paints a positive outlook in that regard, but we've barely scratched the surface on all this.

So can the score ceiling be a 9 or 10? Possibly, but it really depends on the answer to the above.
Will GAF as a whole be surprised at how good it is? In other words, will crow be eaten?

I think so. Gunplay looked solid after getting past how poorly the person was playing. The contextual stuff and QTEs looked well done for the most part.

Obviously, people who hate linear games/third-person-shooters will keep beating the horse over it, but GAF gonna GAF.

Anyone who appreciates single player games will surely surprised about this game totally I think and others will surely like some but not the most based on their interests. I guess we might see mostly positive reviews(above 80) and very few mixed.

S1kkZ

not watching anything. but for those who did: how is the framerate in the gameplay videos? solid 30? or does it still have these weird sub-30 dips every few seconds?

Arklite

It's exactly as they've claimed, a cinematic shooter. From viewing the YT vids in the spoiler thread the game does a good job of keeping things entertaining (at least while watching it) but it's a constant mix of gameplay and cutscene/QTEs. No surprises then, the shooting looks solid but the real reason to pick this up is for the story, or at the very least, a late graphics showpiece.

Seventy70

It's exactly as they've claimed, a cinematic shooter. From viewing the YT vids in the spoiler thread the game does a good job of keeping things entertaining (at least while watching it) but it's a constant mix of gameplay and cutscene/QTEs. No surprises then, the shooting looks solid but the real reason to pick this up is for the story, or at the very least, a late graphics showpiece.

Yup, it seems like if you enjoyed the Uncharted games, you will enjoy this. I personally found the shooting to get a bit boring in Uncharted, but I still love the games due to their graphics and story. It will probably be the same for this game.

Yup, it seems like if you enjoyed the Uncharted games, you will enjoy this. I personally found the shooting to get a bit boring in Uncharted, but I still love the games due to their graphics and story. It will probably be the same for this game.

This seems (at least from what I've seen) that the shooting sequences are shorter and split up more than some of the more drawn out ones from Uncharted. So for people who found that tedious, the pacing here may feel refreshing

Skux

not watching anything. but for those who did: how is the framerate in the gameplay videos? solid 30? or does it still have these weird sub-30 dips every few seconds?

Looks solid to me, although the scenarios I've seen so far aren't pushing the hardware super hard (like fighting dozens of enemies).

i only saw the video in the OP, isn't that what this thread is about? there are more?
There is a spoiler thread on the first page covering almost the whole first chapter of the game. Some copies out in the wild.

Edit: walking around is still gameplay though, even if its boring.

There is a spoiler thread on the first page covering almost the whole first chapter of the game. Some copies out in the wild.
the gifs make the pages load slow as hell which is why i didn't stick around.

oh, the spoiler thread, yeah i tried those youtube videos but they've all been removed. the dailymotion video was just some guy
getting tortured and walking around

oh, the spoiler thread, yeah i tried those youtube videos but they've all been removed. the dailymotion video was just some guy
You can see some of the shooting in this trailer.

It shows some nice gore with the head poppin arc gun and triple barrel shotgun and the nice slo mo grenade explosion tearing the guys arms to pieces and exposing his ribcage. The gunplay looks to be really satisfying.

New videos that cover Ch.1 and the very very beginning of Ch.2 are up on page 6 of the thread. I think Part 2 is relatively safe, showing off things without much in the way of spoilers, though nothing really shows off active gameplay until the last few minutes.

It's definitely 8 material in the basement looking at those first 30-40 minutes (despite the person playing being terrible).

I think the big question after that will be how that will translate to 8-10 hours of gameplay without falling back to much on what was shown there. Some of the later footage shown in the B-rolls and trailers paints a positive outlook in that regard, but we've barely scratched the surface on all this.

So can the score ceiling be a 9 or 10? Possibly, but it really depends on the answer to the above.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

RexNovis

Banned
Some spoiler free GIFs for you guys :)
Order14.gif

Uhh is it just me or is there something seriously off about Isabeau's eyes in the second GIF? Just looks fucking weird.

Edit: or maybe it"s her facial animation. I cant quite place whatever it is but it looks off to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom