• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

11 minutes of The Order 1886 gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

You heard anything about the supposed press preview embargo date of 10th? Weerasuriya and some RAD/Sony folk has been travelling for a press tour to showcase the game to both press and public. We know Ru's been to Japan, Taipei and Vegas in the past week, for one.

And then there's The Order event at London on the 12th, as well.

Yes Ive heard, but my time right now is limited, so I can't go.

Still, Ive have yet to hear about any media receiving their review copy, just hoping it will be before release.

I don't understand why people are getting all riled up over something that hasn't been released :-/

Gifs 'n' shit.

daveo42

Banned
I'm going to pass on the video as the game comes out in a few days and I'd like to avoid spoiling much else. I think I got a big fill during the blimp section and need to just wait to see the rest of it. That reload animation though...holy shit.

How is it not demonstrating gameplay?

Am I going crazy here?

No...you're in an The Order thread. It's pretty much expected that people will shit on this game just because. Thread posts in here are about as predictable as ones in a NMS thread.

Gusy

I think this game is going to be to 3rd person shooters what Doom3 was to 1st person shooters back in 2004. Gameplay wise Its not going to revolutionize the genre. It's going to be perfectly serviceable...BUT.. it's going to look insane while doing so. I think great looking visuals can bring a lot of enjoyment out of a game. It makes the exploration part so much better..

I would say... don't expect groundbreaking gameplay and enjoy the visual experience. With that mindset..the game is going to be fine.

I don't understand why people are getting all riled up over something that hasn't been released :-/

1. Console Wars
2. Exclusives
3. Hype
4. Gifs
5. This is NeoGAF dude
6. Caturday
7. All of the above.

edit: Sorry Loudninja. :(

I usually abide by the Rule of Five before buying a console (Nintendo consoles being the exception), and I think I'm looking at the first must-have PS4 game for me. This, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4. I just need two more!

This "gameplay" nonsense better be banned from the OT. Shits up every single thread.
We are way pass the part of discussing what "the game isn't and should be", that derails every single thread about the game. We should save that for the review thread and post launch/hands on impressions.

This game, Rise and Unity are the most impressive games of the generation so far. Still unity impresses me most so far, of course judgement pending changes after i see more of The Order.

SDCowboy

People truly amaze me sometimes. First tons of people complain that the game looks like it's nothing but a generic shooter. Then when footage comes out of exploration, inspecting items, a great attention to lore, and that there is more than just shooting your way through rooms, people complain that it's not entertaining and not gameplay. *facepalm*

Walking around= no gameplay
Shootingthingsandbangboom= gameplay

Comprende¿?

dmnPmEm.gif

Majanew

Banned
The graphics are soooo good. I hope the audio is as good. Loud, crunchy, with great LFE abusing my sub, and constantly active surrounds, please. Please.

DC1

I'll day one it for a wink and mild headnod of approval.

It might take me 20+ hour to get through the story for all the detail gaulking I will be engaged in.

Majanew

Banned

It might take me 20+ hour to get through the story for all the detail gaulking I will be engaged in.

I already know I'll take a crap load of pics. If my brother doesn't pick the game up, he'll get a barrage of pics. "Look at that shit, man."

thank god photomode isn't in.

took me a long ... long time to beat TLOU Remastered thanks to that

RexNovis

Banned
I hope the in game reload animations exhibit similar detail to the one in the GIF. Since its realtime in engine there wouldn't really be any reason not to. I'm still blown away that people are still spouting the whole "just cutscenes" line as if it's not common knowledge there are actually no prerendered cutscenes in the game. But hey its to be expected; another Order thread another round of ridiculous shit posts.

Do not regret selling my PS4
Sick gameplay, bro.
I already know it looks gorgeous. Still waiting on the actual fun though.
I wonder how the review thread will turn out.
Looks fantastic and also really boring. It's like there's no game there at all.
I'm kinda getting Heavy Rain/Beyond vibes from this game, in terms of how it's more of a graphical showcase for the PS4, as those were for the PS3, than an actual game that looks fun to play. From what I've seen I feel it's going to be a looker but fall flat in the game play department, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I can see it disappointing some people.

Whose to say though, I just know personally this game just doesn't do anything for me, I've been trying to see what everyone finds so great about what they've released but it all just looks boring. Hopefully the stories interesting enough to keep people interested, if I had a PS4 I'd rent this to check it out for curiosity sake alone.
Ah, yes, more "gameplay" for The Order...
I expected "gameplay", not walking around the base.
Gameplay? Where is the gameplay?
Dat gameplay...
LOL, walking and cutscenes.

Game is beautiful, but I still can't tell if it's going to be any good.
dem graphics @_@

almost makes me want to buy it, but i know a game like tihs will be 39.99 in a week after release.

How is this crap acceptable? Why do people actually tring to have a conversation about the game or the content in the OP have to accept sifting through pages of bullshit? A while back I made a comprehensive rebuttal post to a bunch of quotes like the ones above and I was labeled a shill. So it's totally ok to come nto a thread and leave posts lke these but when you respond to them as someone who is excited about the game addressing their concerns with direct links, gifs, videos, etc that just means you are a PR mouthpiece... so what exactly is it we are supposed to do about these? just deal with them? ignore them and hope they go away? That hasnt worked well so far.

Handy Fake

ok I'll never ever set foot in a gym again in my life

back on topic: The Order is not going to invent anything new, is going to look amazing - it's fine for me if it's long enough (12-13 hours minimum, especially if we consider the lack of multiplayer)

And on the Eighth day, God created bodybuilders.

Valnen

The image quality in this game is unlike anything I've ever seen, and should be the standard for exclusives going forward. It's incredible and makes other games painful to look at.

Betty

Banned
How is this crap acceptable? Why do people actually tring to have a conversation about the game or the content in the OP have to accept sifting through pages of bullshit? A while back I made a comprehensive rebuttal post to a bunch of quotes like the ones above and I was labeled a shill. So it's totally ok to come not a thread and leave posts like these but when you respond to them as someone who is excited about the game addressing their concerns with direct links, gifs, videos, etc that just means you are a PR mouthpiece... so what exactly is it we are supposed to do about these? just deal with them? ignore them and hope they go away? That hasn't worked well so far.

It's just not a very exciting 'gameplay' clip, that's all. If it had been titled "11 minutes of the intro to Order 1886" folk might not have been so unhappy.

Even then, if people dislike what they see they can still vent about it, that's only fair.

shmoglish

back on topic: The Order is not going to invent anything new, is going to look amazing - it's fine for me if it's long enough (12-13 hours minimum, especially if we consider the lack of multiplayer)

Yup, enough for me. If the gunplay and the pacing is well I`m going to have fun with the game. The graphics are amazing, the steampunklondon feels "fresh" and I´m sure the story/characters are well-written. Afaik the italian guy who uploaded the gameplayvid needed 13 hours.

SDCowboy

It's just not a very exciting 'gameplay' clip, that's all. If it had been titled "11 minutes of the intro to Order 1886" folk might not have been so unhappy.

Even then, if people dislike what they see they can still vent about it, that's only fair.

What makes gameplay footage exciting? Some of us find exploration and detailed item inspection and attention to lore and atmosphere to be very exciting. People complain that they think the game is just a shooter. Then when new footage shows otherwise, it's "boring".

11 minutes of nothing...

What makes gameplay footage exciting? Some of us find exploration and detailed item inspection and attention to lore and atmosphere to be very exciting. People complain that they think the game is just a shooter. Then when new footage shows otherwise, it's "boring".

It doesn't look like very detailed exploration and investigating to me. Sorry but this isn't gameplay.

Travelling around the catacombs to try and find where you need to go in a maze like setup, with levers and traps and what not. THAT would be sweet, sweet gameplay.

zoukka

I hope the in game reload animations exhibit similar detail to the one in the GIF. Since its realtime in engine there wouldn't really be any reason not to. I'm still blown away that people are still spouting the whole "just cutscenes" line as if it's not common knowledge there are actually no prerendered cutscenes in the game. But hey its to be expected; another Order thread another round of ridiculous shit posts.

The flow of gameplay is a pretty good reason to leave detailed and slow animations to in-game cutscenes. We have lots of footage that show the reloading animations are different while the player is in control and fighting against that clear tutorial style gun range scene. Clear as a day.

SDCowboy

11 minutes of nothing...

It doesn't look like very detailed exploration and investigating to me. Sorry but this isn't gameplay.

Travelling around the catacombs to try and find where you need to go in a maze like setup, with levers and traps and what not. THAT would be sweet, sweet gameplay.

Uh sorry to break it to you, but that was gameplay. Even if you don't want to think it is or don't deem it the kind you're into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom