• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

9857623995_ac216d8613_o.jpg
9857625754_d3d27e649f_o.jpg
9857720423_5c37738aed_o.jpg

antitrop

I guess there's some kind of Bomb event going on this weekend or something, this area looks cool. I've been too busy playing GTA V.

9863957884_37f3d835bb_o.png

9733189519_df553d15d7_o.png

Blizzard

Banned
What kind of built in AA do they have implemented in Star Citizen?

It's CryEngine 3 isn't it?

SMAA 4x/MSAA?
Yes, it's CryEngine 3. Console is currently enabled, so there may be some ways to force certain AA types (or downsampling, or possibly some sort of UE3-esque tiledshot or manual downsample). Right now I think it may just use some CryEngine 3 default. Very High really makes my CPU usage skyrocket, but Low versus Very High don't seem to make much difference, and there are no manual graphical controls other than entering console commands yourself. Hopefully I labeled these correctly.

Very High:
veryhighakj20.png

Low:
lowuvku9.png

*edit* Reflections, shadows, and AO seems to be the main things affected, not AA.

Seyavesh

Hope ya'll don't mind me repostin' stuff that I uploaded to FNV Nexus (yeah, yeah... but it's the only place to really show the stuff off I guess other than here).

OSv.png

PSv.png

Blizzard

Banned
All regular cryengine AA modes are disabled in the Star Citizen hanger demo as far as I know.

Are you doing in-engine downsampling then, or downsampling with a video card override, or downsampling with a virtual monitor, or downsampling via an image editor?

One3rd

I'd forgotten what a fun game this was to play. Meant to only jump in for 10 minutes to take a couple of screenshots with CamHack and 2 hours later I'm flying around tethering shit to a Jumbo Jet just to see what happens!

9898695316_948d559b43_o.jpg

9898692126_3c8585a2f3_o.jpg

Anteater

Is that an ENB or SweetFX? Seems dark...

sweetfx, I didn't really try to make it too dark though, I lowered the green and red values with lift gamma gain and adjusted the curves just slightly.

some games look a bit too bright and washed out on my monitor so maybe it doesn't look the same on your end :<, but I try not to crush any blacks.

Though I might've messed it up after playing with the settings midway through >_>

BONKERS

Now that's what you call next gen, my god

Almost, texture quality is still a bit inconsistent in the cockpit. (Srs, those normal maps on some parts of it look just awful)

You'd think these days with the PS4/XBO's 8GB of RAM that crappy low res textures would finally be a thing of the past.

Nope.

I've still yet to see a commercial game aside from Metro Last Light that has textures anywhere on par with MalDo 4.0 for Crysis 2 or even any of the texture mods for Skyrim.

Don't get me wrong though. Star Citizen looks absolutely amazing. <3 Props to them

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Alright so I've been playing around with Xenoblade Chronicles so I could set up a video wallpaper that people could use of the games opening title screen.

Since I was playing around with textures anyway, I decided to swap a texture out for this because i'm a stupid little nerd.

dolphin_2013_09_24_14_08_21_85_by_alo81-d6norqy.jpg

Thorgal

i have been playing GTA 5 for a while now and that game is Begging to be screenshoted (after adding some much needed AA of course) .

Hurry up with that PC port R*.

Top Bottom