• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American hunter illegally killed Cecil the Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deer are a serious problem in the US.

The issue is that townships don't want to introduce wolves or mountain lions due to safety concerns.

Mountain lions are extremely majestic creatures.

I know the Florida Panther has seen tons of opposition in terms in bringing up their numbers back up.

I think more people die in hunting accidents per year than wolves or mountain lions kill per century. It's laughable to think that a few hundred wolves are going to bring about the apocalypse for human cities.

#catlivesmatter '??????????????????????????????????????????

No fucking way....... suddenly my urge to kick every fucking cat i see is rising.

And it's because of psychos like you that we need strong laws to protect defenseless animals.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Because a big majority do not,or some think they deserve it.
Just telling how I feel as a black person

And you think that by you driving by and shitting on their feelings those who don't care will suddenly start to care?

I don't understand the logic here. It just doesn't help anybody with anything. Unless you want to antagonise people.

Piggus

I said the people I don't like are the dickless losers who kill animals just for the fun of it. It's sadistic. If you're hungry and you need to hunt to survive, then fine, I can understand it. Killing animals for fun is barbaric. There's no way for me to understand injuring and killing living creatures for no reason other than fun. So in that regard, maybe you're right that I don't understand.

I agree with you in that regard. But where you're mistaken is that's just not how most hunters think. If you talk to hunters and ask them why they like to hunt, you'll understand that.

If you're hungry you don't have to eat any meat at all by the way. Hunting isn't a necessity in that regard for most people, but it's still a lot more humane than farming and has been around far longer. Either way, an animal has to be killed. And since I eat meat, it wouldn't make sense for me to morally object to hunting for food.

Alebrije

This is an interesting reading about Texans hunters

IAM_00031085s.jpg

http://www.americanphotomag.com/inside-trophy-rooms-texass-biggest-big-game-hunters

—I think one guy has 242 animals in his sitting room—put them with their life’s work, and then you start to ask questions: Why? why would you want to do this? And how could you possibly argue that hunting and conservation go hand in hand when you have 242 detailed species?

IAM_00026613s.jpg

Dai101

Banned
What kind of twisted logic is that? Kick the idiots who made the hash tag. Or is this some between the lines way of saying that you get the urge to kick black people when you see BLM?

What the fuck is wrong with you? You can disagree with how stupid the hashtag is without being a psychopath.

What a stupid comment. What did a cat ever do to you? The hashtag is over the top but the lives of lions do deserve attention and protection. The hashtag has a positive message. Yours is just ignorant anger.

So you would kick an animal because you do not like a hashtag? Grow up.

And it's because of psychos like you that we need strong laws to protect defenseless animals.

Calm. The fuck. Down.

1- I would GLADLY kick (or, at least slap in the head) the idiot that came out with that tag, it annoys me beyond reason to see something like the BLM movement used in this way since a large part of the ones outraged by this events (Cecil killing) wouldn't even bat an eye when a black kid is killed for his color because he "was a thug", "he someway deserved it" and all the bullshit we have heard and read.

2- I've NEVER in my fucking life harmed (intentionally) an animal, ok, maybe rats and mice with a broom but that was my job, i didn't enjoy it and always tried to trap them alive and somehow putting them in the street or the back lot near where i worked. I admit that i once ran over a pigeon but that was because it landed exactly down a tire when i was pulling my truck back to park, there was no way i could see it.
Never for the life of me would hurt a cat. And certainly not gonna start now, if you take that comment at face value you all need to get a better grasp and at least know that said person past comments, at least in an internet forum.

3- For those calling me a psycopath, go fuck yourselves ;-) .You do not even know me until that post.

We cool now?

darscot

Those trophy rooms are so fucked up, I could never sit in there. I think I would rather go hang out at the morgue, at least at the morgue they cover the bodies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Jimmy Kimeel tears and some peoples reaction to animal killings compared to when innocent teens die...
An innocent teen being shot dead by the cops isn't a sign of a perpetually recurring event which threatens the very existence of a population as a whole. Genocides like the Holocaust and Rwanda are. Nuclear war is. Global warming and pollution in general is. Poaching is.

Big fucking difference

Darren870

—I think one guy has 242 animals in his sitting room—put them with their life’s work, and then you start to ask questions: Why? why would you want to do this? And how could you possibly argue that hunting and conservation go hand in hand when you have 242 detailed species?

While its been brought up in this thread multiple times, its a pathetic thing to say that you can appreciate nature and conservation more by having dead animals on your wall. A picture you took of the animal you saw in the wild accomplishes the exact same thing. All those heads could be replaced with a picture and the story would be the same.

"I remember that time I was in the Amazon tracking this pack of monkeys, just so I could get off that perfect shot. Days on end, knee deep in rivers full of leeches all to find those monkeys. The adventure and thrill was amazing, I knew the end result would look great on my wall. Then there they were, right in front of me, a pack of them, feeding in the wild. I took it, took the shot and the end result was magnificent"

The man could then point to a picture, instead of a head. The story doesn't change at all.

Its a poor (and stupid) argument for that exact reason.

PsychBat!

Banned
Calm. The fuck. Down.
We cool now?
First, do not start with telling them to calm down when you're the one making that weird dumbass post in the first place.
Second, sure, them calling you a psycho was uncalled for. But again, you made a really dumb post.

Dai101

Banned
First, do not start with telling them to calm down when you're the one making that weird dumbass post in the first place.
Second, sure, them calling you a psycho was uncalled for. But again, you made a really dumb post.

Point taken. I should know better specially when i read all that posts calling for the hunter death.

Your mistake was not ending your post with "kappa". It's the only way!

Yeah. I'm going to start doing that, or adding /s at the end.

I think more people die in hunting accidents per year than wolves or mountain lions kill per century. It's laughable to think that a few hundred wolves are going to bring about the apocalypse for human cities.

Agricultural concerns over human safety. Wolves and big cats will kill cattle and other livestock, and will continually return to do so.

Onemic

It's like posters cant see hyperbole when it's presented clearly in their face.

Wazzy

Banned
It's like posters cant see hyperbole when it's presented clearly in their face.
I don't care if he was being over the top and wasn't actually going to kick a cat. It's a fucking obnoxious post that puts blame on the animals and not the idiots saying it.

Is it really hard to just say these people are idiots for the hashtag?

MJPIA

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-find-the-dentist-who-killed-cecil-the-lion/
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service wants to talk to Walter Palmer. But it can't find him.

Investigators for the service have knocked on the front door of Palmer's house, stopped by his dental office, called his telephone numbers and filled his inbox with e-mails. Palmer, a hunting enthusiast who illegally killed a rare African lion in Zimbabwe early this month, couldn't be lured out of hiding.

“I’m sure he knows” the government is looking for him, said Ed Grace, chief of law enforcement for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. “We’ve made repeated attempts to try and get in contact with him.”

Palmer has had plenty of time since to contact U.S. authorities, Grace said. He should know how to reach the agency “because we convicted him for lying about a bear kill" in Wisconsin in 2009, Grace said. Federal officials want to get Palmer’s version of what went wrong in a hunt that killed a rare lion with a black mane. Cecil was iconic in Zimbabwe, and his fame worth at least $100,000 annually in eco-tourism, wildlife officials said.

Palmer’s actions could have violated the U.S. Lacey Act, a conservation law meant to shield animals from harm. The act, tied to a United Nations treaty for the protection of animals, governs the actions of Americans who violate the laws of foreign governments.

Grace also said the State Department is looking into the matter in Africa. Officials at the State Department did not respond to a request to confirm that information. The three agencies often work closely to investigate crimes against wildlife, often involving the poaching of elephants and rhinoceros throughout southern Africa.
Not surprised he went underground but dude, ignoring government officials is not the smartest idea.

Honestly I can't help but wonder if he fled to some other country at this point.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you want to make a point about the dichotomy of #blacklivesmatter and #catlivesmatter start a new campaign called #allcatsmatter.

Hopefully the people who are simply naive gain a better understanding of the issues.

Dalek

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-find-the-dentist-who-killed-cecil-the-lion/

Not surprised he went underground but dude, ignoring government officials is not the smartest idea.

Honestly I can't help but wonder if he fled to some other country at this point.

I was kind of expecting this. When you're the most hated man in the world....

He should know how to reach the agency “because we convicted him for lying about a bear kill" in Wisconsin in 2009, Grace said

Now where is this dude's quote where he says he will help the authorities in any way he can? Oh, right here
Statement of Dr. Walter Palmer
July 28, 2015

"In early July, I was in Zimbabwe on a bow hunting trip for big game. I hired several professional guides and they secured all proper permits. To my knowledge, everything about this trip was legal and properly handled and conducted.

"I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt. I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt.

"I have not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or in the U.S. about this situation, but will assist them in any inquiries they may have.

"Again, I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion."
Clarence Boddicker: See I got this problem. Cops dont like me, so I dont like cops.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I was kind of expecting this. When you're the most hated man in the world....
"I was led to believe the hunt was legal". What a load. He pays 55 grand, flies internationally for the hunt, is an experienced game hunter and doesn't know the rules?

I hope this guy goes down from that UN thing mentioned in the article. Smug prick.

bro you just don't understand the hunters mentality. this guy has given a thousand... nay, a BILLION times the amount he has taken from nature back (as 99.9999999999% of hunters do). he took no joy in killing any of those animals. he needed to feed himself and his family. he also became one with nature. hunters don't enjoy killing animals but they have to. they just have to

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

IAM_00031085s.jpg

http://www.americanphotomag.com/inside-trophy-rooms-texass-biggest-big-game-hunters

IAM_00026613s.jpg

So one shitty person's actions invalidate everyone else in their respective community?

bro you just don't understand the hunters mentality. this guy has given a thousand... nay, a BILLION times the amount he has taken from nature back (as 99.9999999999% of hunters do). he took no joy in killing any of those animals. he needed to feed himself and his family. he also became one with nature. hunters don't enjoy killing animals but they have to. they just have to

Huh? In what way do hunters have to hunt? Can they not go buy stuff at a supermarket?

IAM_00031085s.jpg

IAM_00026613s.jpg

You know, if these two dudes had and played the video games we have today back then when they were kids /teens, I wonder if they would've had these "lovely rooms of death"?

All these photos tell me is that, most men are just obsessive animals, and they get caught up in (hobbies) something and wont stop until shit gets ridiculous, Some people collect vintage game cartridges, consoles, others sports cards, some stamps, these fuckers collect the lives of defenseless, innocent animals, some probably even endangered.

TheMAK

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom