• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

batfax

So do we know what Toon Link does in MK8 yet? I'd imagine its the same as Link, but if not, maybe there'll be an update with Wave 3? I could see them adding Rosalina, Bowser, Toon Link, and someone else as a Mii suit.

ikeracer.jpg

Blues1990

I wouldn't be surprised if he just acted like Link & unlocked the same costume.

Makes me wonder if Dr. Mario will be the same, though I doubt it.

I would laugh if Nintendo did a stealth release and made a Dr. Mario & Toon Link costume. Nobody would expect it, me thinks.

Okay so I think I have buyers lined up for the Amiibos I was offering. If any of them fall through I'll inquire to buyers who PMed me in order. I apologize if I didn't personally PM you back.

Sora_N

b76e120b7f63c1dd9b66fbb21cc662ba.jpg

My very humble collection so far. I had to preorder Pit and that kinda bummed me out. I like being able to compare paint jobs in-store and I'm not thrilled with the paint on Pit's arms here, but still happy I got a Pit. They're pretty hard to come by in my area. But I'm trying to get as much of waves 1 and 2 as I can before trying to get wave 3 preorders. Also Luigi's L is a little lopsided haha.

Oh, and pardon the terribly dusty desk.

Drunk Samus

Joei

Is it me or Best Buy doesn´t care that much about stocking amiibos? I remember at launch all they had was a Villager, a Fox and 20 marios.

I was at a local BB on the 31st, as well as sporadically since initial launch day, and I swear the racks look virtually the same since then.

Same story for the Wal-mart down the street from my house. And that one I go to fairly often since I do my grocery shopping there and always swing by the electronics section.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is it me or Best Buy doesn´t care that much about stocking amiibos? I remember at launch all they had was a Villager, a Fox and 20 marios.

One of my local Best Buys only gets two of each rare figure per store (Mac/Falcon/etc). And those are only for preorders. Seems like I have a local amiibro.

Durock

FYI: I was at GameStop earlier inquiring about Amiibos and these are the ones that are now discontinued according to their systems:

Captain Falcon
Pit
Little Mac
Marth
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Peach

I don't recollect if Samus and Fox were amongst them, but the above listed were. Peach was surprising. Hadn't heard of her being discontinued from any outlets until now. All of the others were still listed as active.

Happy New Year, Amiibros and Amiibroettes.

.....Even you lurking scalpers.

May 2015 bring you prosperity and rare Amiibo... as long as you don't try to flip 'em.

Kusagari

FYI: I was at GameStop earlier inquiring about Amiibos and these are the ones that are now discontinued according to their systems:

Captain Falcon
Pit
Little Mac
Marth
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Peach

I don't recollect if Samus and Fox were amongst them, but the above listed were. Peach was surprising. Hadn't heard of her being discontinued from any outlets until now. All of the others were still listed as active.

I find it hard to believe Peach is discontinued considering she's still available everywhere.

Dang, I officially have the Amiibo bug now. After lining up what I reeled in for my birthday/Christmas on the mantle above my fireplace, I got the urge to splurge and bump up my collection. Went ahead and made sure to pre-order my must-haves for the next batch too in case they get snatched up by scalpers.

Have:
Mario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Fox
Pikachu
Kirby

On the way:
Link
Zelda
Peach
Captain Falcon (thanks for the heads up, spyroflame)

Pre-order:
Ike
Bowser
King DeDeDe

Debating:
Luigi
Yoshi
Samus
Wii Fit Trainer (only expensive one I want)

I regret taking my Fox out of the box though. Realized I'm never gonna bother using him in Smash Bros., but maybe he'll do something neat in the Wii U Star Fox. Anyone know of any others that might be harder to get in the future? I thought Link might've been tough to get, but he's on the way from Walmart.com right now.

onipex

Got my first one, which is Link. I like fighting it and watching it grow so far. It's slowly getting better than me and it can beat all my friends at level 22 already. I might get a few more down the line.

MrMephistoX

Dang, I officially have the Amiibo bug now. After lining up what I reeled in for my birthday/Christmas on the mantle above my fireplace, I got the urge to splurge and bump up my collection. Went ahead and made sure to pre-order my must-haves for the next batch too in case they get snatched up by scalpers.

Have:
Mario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Fox
Pikachu
Kirby

On the way:
Link
Zelda
Peach
Captain Falcon (thanks for the heads up, spyroflame)

Pre-order:
Ike
Bowser
King DeDeDe

Debating:
Luigi
Yoshi
Samus
Wii Fit Trainer (only expensive one I want)

I regret taking my Fox out of the box though. Realized I'm never gonna bother using him in Smash Bros., but maybe he'll do something neat in the Wii U Star Fox. Anyone know of any others that might be harder to get in the future? I thought Link might've been tough to get, but he's on the way from Walmart.com right now.

I kinda regret taking little Mac out of the box too but only because I know he's rare. I felt totally fine unboxong Pikachu.

Subxero

My Mario and Luigi was delivered. I hadn't really looked at them in store much but they are actually nice looking figures.

My Mom brought me a Donkey Kong when she was came by for new years. Which was cool.

I got in on the Capt. Falcon at Tru thanks to this thread. I also ended up ordering Samus, Peach, and Pikachu from Bestbuy since they are $10 with Gcu discount. Looking forward to getting them and trying them out with Smash.

I'm seeing everyone's drunk Samus's leaning down on their cannon arm but mine leans the opposite way.

Brb selling this rare reverse drunk Samus for thousands

currently looking for pit it can be an imported version or USA version either doesnt matter to me i will gladly pay $20-25 depending on if its imported or not.

Mecca

final number $407.50, i wonder how much a double sworded marth would go for

I think the double sword Marth ended up going for a few hundred. I can't remember the exact number, but it may have been more than scary Diddy just because it was discovered within the first couple of weeks of the first Amiibo release.

Edit: I just realized it was Samus that had the two guns that sold on ebay, not Marth, but there was also a two sword Marth picture floating around as well. Not sure how much it went for though.

Josh5890

Not sure if old but Villager, Little Mac, and Marth are up on TRU again. I can't add them to my cart but the listing has returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom