• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamando

Anyone affraid to actually sit down and do the math on how much youve spent so far on Amiibos?

Cause it scares the shit out of me, lol.

Im just buying without thinking and worrying about it later.

Fuck it, right?!

I've spent roughly 54 dollars.

Something I learned during the Skylanders craze: you only buy the ones you really, really want. You start buying 'em to complete your set, or because you know a certain one is rare, you end up with a lot of plastic you'll end up giving to your nephew anyway.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
I just realized there is a deal on club nintendo for the MewTwo dlc. Is he already out? How do I get him? (already ordered my CD and linked my 3ds and WiiU copies)

It was automatic when I link both copies of Smash to my club account if I remember right. I'm just waiting for Mewtwo Amiibo.

ScouserPants

Neo Member
Glad I cancelled my order from Deep Discount. They cancelled both Pit and Falcon. Found a Falcon in store and getting a Pit from a fellow Gaffer so I ain't even mad!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, been keeping an eye on Toys R Us on the grounds the fact they relisted Villager & Marth. Still no update. I just KNOW it'll finally happen when I head into town in about an hour.

Fox Mulder

Anyone affraid to actually sit down and do the math on how much youve spent so far on Amiibos?

Fuck it, right?!

I've only bought 6 and have preorders for 3 more. I guess I should count the Lucario one as bought since TRU took my money in full on ebay for a preorder apparently.

melman101

Fuck it, right?!

Hahahaha as I look at my shelf full off amiibo's I dread to think how much I spent so far. I have wave 1 and wave 2 complete in box. Wave 3 completely preordered. I also have 2 of certain ones. Some of those are unboxed and some are boxed.

Edit: I just counted. I have 26 total so far LOL.

I also ordered my nephew 6 of them separately :).

So when all is finished probably more than an Apple Watch :-( LOL

Got back from vacation and went to BB to grab my Falcon and Pit that I got a pickup email. And..... add me to the Pit less. They are really nice there and promised it was still on the way. They know me pretty well so I am not too worried.

Summerville SC

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Got back from vacation and went to BB to grab my Falcon and Pit that I got a pickup email. And..... add me to the Pit less. They are really nice there and promised it was still on the way. They know me pretty well so I am not too worried.

Summerville SC

At least they said it's still on the way. Some gaffer just get "we sold it already. Our bad". And that's it.

Mecca

I haven't bought a amiibo since the first day of Wave 1 (I bought 5). I can't help, but peek in to this thread from time to time because I enjoy reading everyone's stories/panic over their hunt to find them. So far I've been able to avoid the madness. I have a few from Wave 3 pre-ordered and need to find a Rosalina and that's about it. Not having any interest in the Wave 2 Amiibo has allowed me to avoid the stress which is good. I think it's given me time to rest up before the craziness of Wave 3 begins. lol

Beers

Neo Member
Just went to 5 different Targets on my way home from north jersey to PA that showed up as possibly having Wii Fit Trainer in stock on the target tracker. No dice sadly.

To save anyone else in the NJ/PA area some time these are the ones I hit up to no avail:

Oxford Valley
2331 E Lincoln Hwy Langhorne PA 19047-1812

North Brunswick
101 Grand Ave North Brunswick NJ 08902-1056

Menlo Park
100 Parsonage Rd Edison NJ 08837-2424

Clark
45 Central Ave Clark NJ 07066-1421

Union North
2235 Springfield Ave Vauxhall NJ 07088-1100

SalvaPot

I was thinking, what Amiibo defect would you like to see?

I´ll love a Luigi amiibo that has his nose glued to the base, because it will look that the victory animation from melee.

I´ll also like a Link with two shields. ULTIMATE DEFENSE.

I was thinking, what Amiibo defect would you like to see?

I´ll love a Luigi amiibo that has his nose glued to the base, because it will look that the victory animation from melee.

I´ll also like a Link with two shields. ULTIMATE DEFENSE.

Is two arm-cannon Mega Man too obvious? :)

How about a no-shell Bowser?

Golnei

What would that even look like, LOL?

the_mighty_bowser_needs_no_shell_by_gjyyngii-d5aco3f.jpg

For how long?

I don't know. By the time I realized it and checked the page the add to cart button was no longer working -- as in you can click on it and it will take you to the next page but no item will be added to your cart. This happens after the product inventory reaches 0. A while after it finally reverted back to the gray add to cart.

SalvaPot

I don't know. By the time I realized it and checked the page the add to cart button was no longer working -- as in you can click on it and it will take you to the next page but no item will be added to your cart. This happens after the product inventory reaches 0. A while after it finally reverted back to the gray add to cart.

But could people purchase it? I swear it was up for a milisecond but no one could make a purchase,

SalvaPot

From my experience with TRU I'm sure if you were on it you could've bought it. They dropped Villagers a few nights back the same way.

True. Well, I already have my german Marth, so I´m fine, but I kinda want to snag one to display in my store, heh.

I want a kirby defect that has angry eyes.

Christopher

Lol these big websites are epic let's put 6 out at 3 am starting....now.

Who the fuck stays up till 4 am to preorder a toy from Target - epic trolls.

My Marth and villager from Amazon.de should be here soon all of wave 3 preordered except Shulk because o have no idea who the fuck he is.

I actually have 2 Meta Kngihts preordered too if I can hook someone up here

Gurrry

My Marth and villager from Amazon.de should be here soon all of wave 3 preordered except Shulk because o have no idea who the fuck he is.

How much for your extra meta?

prateeko

I got a Rosalina preorder in by luck, which is how I imagine everyone else who was lucky enough to get it did. I was working night and opened up safari on my phone which caused the Rosalina page to reopen and I was able to check out. I sincerely doubt any trolls got it and it was just people like myself who were in the right place at the right time. It's great because I wont have to battle the masses in a month, but I'm sure if people should be able to track them down with some work since we know it'll be out on Feb 1.

That said, I get why people are salty about this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, least I didn't miss Toys R Us suddenly having more amiibo in stock....though hearing Marth being in stock at 3 AM (PST or EST?) kind of sucks. Sure hope that's not the case this time around.

& guessing I'll open Diddy soon. Might as well keep him if he's getting harder to find and I can't exchange him for a Fox. At the very least, I got a new shelf put up above my TV to display them now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How hard do you guys think it'll be to find Sonic??? Preorder or no????
He'll be SPEEDING off the shelves!!!

All seriousness, I feel like he could be popular & while maybe not rare, might be a bit hard to find. I would say pre-order to be safe. GameStop still has pre-orders up, though no idea on Amazon.

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone that hasn't had their orders for Pit canceled for Pit at Best Buy Instore Pickup get their Pit yet? My store still hasn't seemed to have got it, but my order hasn't been canceled yet. :-/

Anyone that hasn't had their orders for Pit canceled for Pit at Best Buy Instore Pickup get their Pit yet? My store still hasn't seemed to have got it, but my order hasn't been canceled yet. :-/

Just went and picked mine up. I originally went on Tuesday and got the "shipment got delayed" story, but was up there again today and figured why not check. The CSR went to the warehouse and came back with it so the girlfriend was pretty excited to add that to the collection finally!

Our main concern wasn't that they would sell it, we were more concerned that best buy's site would automatically cancel our order next week since it's been stuck on "Ready to pickup" since Tuesday.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why is TRU playing with us? lol

I see they have added Marth back to their website.
I know, right? Even Villager is back as well, & both are part of the Buy 1, Get 40% off deal. Should they actually get them back in stock, they're going to go FAST.

Another Amazon.de question:

Are they english packaging? It appeared to be, but it's not another language, right?

Yeah, I got a "pick up" email, went and they said it was still being shipped. They took my number and called the next day to say they were looking at it and I could come get it.
So, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom