• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villager looks like its available on Nintendo UK's store.
The catch is that you need to also buy another copy of Smash Wii U.

JgRmETj.png

T-thanks Nintendo.

I dunno if anyone else saw, but Marth and Villager have also popped up on TRU's website. No WFT but....happening maybe?

Horohoro

Villager looks like its available on Nintendo UK's store.
The catch is that you need to also buy another copy of Smash Wii U.

JgRmETj.png

T-thanks Nintendo.

I dunno if anyone else saw, but Marth and Villager have also popped up on TRU's website. No WFT but....happening maybe?

Yeah i keep checking WFT was available laye yesterday 3-4am but you couldnt add to cart...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, Marth & Villager back on TRU's site? I don't know if I want Villager, but I feel like Marth might be useful to me.

PLEASE let this mean they're getting reprinted due to high demand....but then again, Nintendo really stresses "limited" when it comes to some of their stuff.

Josh5890

Huh, Marth & Villager back on TRU's site? I don't know if I want Villager, but I feel like Marth might be useful to me.

PLEASE let this mean they're getting reprinted due to high demand....but then again, Nintendo really stresses "limited" when it comes to some of their stuff.

I talked to a TRU rep online this morning and they said there were expecting another shipment but didn't know when. Take it with a grain of salt but we will see. I am getting hyped though

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I talked to a TRU rep online this morning and they said there were expecting another shipment but didn't know when. Take it with a grain of salt but we will see. I am getting hyped though
Holy crap, please let this be true. A shame I still can't get Fox shipped to me, but maybe I'll grab Peach if Marth is part of the Buy 1 get 40% off deal...or I guess Villager just to be sale on the whole rarity deal.

Edit: Oh snap, he is. If it actually happens, it'd be $22.38 for both before tax.

Looks like Samus is no longer available for shipping on BestBuy.com and only 3 of the 10 stores around me have stock right now.

The beginning of the end for Samus possibly since Target is also showing discontinued...

KemoSabe

Im going to a store tomorrow, which ones should i look out for?
Already have villager and wft.

I was about to look for pit, Fox and little mac.
Is that OK?
I really only want the rare ones first so i can buy the common ones later on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Is that OK?
I'd highly suggest perhaps using this Target & Walmart stock checker & then perhaps check on GameStop's site. That'll probably help you determine which stores would be the best to check/narrow down your options.

SalvaPot

Still available on Amazon. Don't start inducing panic

Inducing panic is what we do. I told everyone about Fox a week before it went imposible to find and no one believed me. The thing is, the moment something starts to get a little bit rare is when people and scalpers take the chance and start buying it until there is no left.

rjinaz

Is that OK?

For now but basically if you think you'll want one, you really can't wait too long. Prioritize but assume one you may want won't be available forever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*Ponders why Toys R Us are selling amiibo for $1 more*

*Does math, realizes 2 amiibo = $20.78 if B1 G40% Off deal applied to amiibo being $12.99 instead of $13.99*

Only a $1.60 difference. I guess they figure that'd eventually add up with all the people taking advantage of the deal or something.

Aren't we waiting for the port strike to end as well?
Crap, I keep forgetting about that, especially considering I learned about it from GG Xrd's LE being delayed because of it.

So how many smash characters are there in U?

That is how many Amiibos we will get then?

I really hope nintendo does a direct for Amiibos soon. Release date for 3DS support and the portal. Wave 4 details. An apology for wave 1 and 2 BS and an actual release date for Wave 3.

I really want Wave 3 to be more organized. Stealth releases is bullshit

Josh5890

So how many smash characters are there in U?

That is how many Amiibos we will get then?

I really hope nintendo does a direct for Amiibos soon. Release date for 3DS support and the portal. Wave 4 details. An apology for wave 1 and 2 BS and an actual release date for Wave 3.

I really want Wave 3 to be more organized. Stealth releases is bullshit

Well minus the mii fighters and including Mewtwo we are looking at 49 characters

Fox Mulder

Looks like Samus is no longer available for shipping on BestBuy.com and only 3 of the 10 stores around me have stock right now.

The beginning of the end for Samus possibly since Target is also showing discontinued...

I'm finally seeing more of diddy and samus seems gone at the stores i go to.

I popped by my Local Toys R Us today (Rochester) for something totally unrelated, and because my Mum works there (dat 10% discount) and had a quick look at their Amiibo selection. One peach and about 30 Pits. Is Pit only rare in the US?

Also, got my Mum on the look out for a Little Mac for me. If they get any more in (she swears she saw a couple go through her till) she's gonna snag one for me.

If anyone's interested they're apparently getting their next truck tomorrow, so on the off chance Rochester is anyone elses local, tomorrow afternoon will be the time to have a browse.

magnumpy

I never would have imagined the amiibos would be such a cracking success, but shows what I know. they appear to be pretty much selling out everywhere. good for you, Nintendo!

Piscus

Well minus the mii fighters and including Mewtwo we are looking at 49 characters

Unless they release those significant alternative characters, like
the Koopalings, male/female Robin, Alph, male Wii Fit Trainer, etc
. With how they are used in Smash, I don't know why they would make these extras, but if they do, we're in for a lot of trouble...

Gurrry

I am not looking forward to them making new sets of amiibos for each game.

These smash bro ones better have the exact same functionality that the new ones do.

For instance, my Smash Mario better do the same things in-game that the new Mario Amiibo does, or im going to lose my shit.

Gurrry

Also - its the new year. UPS doesnt work today, right?

So Im guessing that no new shipments are coming into any stores today? Tomorrow might be a great day to go hunting.

NogibTC

Banned
So Best Buy sent me a cancellation email out of the blue on my Pit on Tue night. Yet they call today telling me it is ready for pickup? Wonder if they will actually sell it to me or not.

newarrior

Pit, Falcon, and Luigi are STILL Preparing Order from Best Buy. Got a Pit coming from Amazon, might just go hunt a Falcon and return the BB ones if they ever ship.

Gurrry

Anyone affraid to actually sit down and do the math on how much youve spent so far on Amiibos?

Cause it scares the shit out of me, lol.

Im just buying without thinking and worrying about it later.

Fuck it, right?!

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Anyone affraid to actually sit down and do the math on how much youve spent so far on Amiibos?

Fuck it, right?!

You some how read my thoughts through the internet! How did you do it?! Because I'm scared shitless to look at my bank account. Well I was in till yesterday when FINALLY got paid lol.

Gurrry

You some how read my thoughts through the internet! How did you do it?! Because I'm scared shitless to look at my bank account. Well I was in till yesterday when FINALLY got paid lol.

Exactly man. I spent a shit ton of money and refused to look at my account until I knew I got paid.

Now when I look in there, I just act like none of this ever happened.

SalvaPot

Fuck it, right?!

Not me, I sell them at my anime store for a 4 dollar comission (I import them from the USA to Mexico, is the only way to get them for cheap, since they are expensive here), so they are pretty much paying themselves.

Gurrry

Not me, I sell them at my anime store for a 4 dollar comission (I import them from the USA to Mexico, is the only way to get them for cheap, since they are expensive here), so they are pretty much paying themselves.

So youre planning on getting a shit ton of the rare ones and selling them all to Gaffers, right? ;)

If so, put me on the list.

SalvaPot

So youre planning on getting a shit ton of the rare ones and selling them all to Gaffers, right? ;)

If so, put me on the list.

Well, I normally only order exactly what my clients want, so I rarely have extras.

That said, last week I send a VIllager amiibo to another gaffer for christmas for retail price, she wanted it for her daughter.

Well, I normally only order exactly what my clients want, so I rarely have extras.

That said, last week I send a VIllager amiibo to another gaffer for christmas for retail price, she wanted it for her daughter.

Hopefully "she" isn't a balding 40-year old man without pants on...

OmahaG8

I had a dream last night that some store I was in had a shit ton of Meta Knights and also a platypus Amiibo. I think it was Percy from Phineas and Ferb.

Yeah... damn you Amiibos.

Gurrry

I just realized there is a deal on club nintendo for the MewTwo dlc. Is he already out? How do I get him? (already ordered my CD and linked my 3ds and WiiU copies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom