• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kierwynn

Just went and picked mine up. I originally went on Tuesday and got the "shipment got delayed" story, but was up there again today and figured why not check. The CSR went to the warehouse and came back with it so the girlfriend was pretty excited to add that to the collection finally!

Our main concern wasn't that they would sell it, we were more concerned that best buy's site would automatically cancel our order next week since it's been stuck on "Ready to pickup" since Tuesday.

It's also worth noting that our Pit technically wasn't ready for pick up even when we picked him up today. The lady who does in store pick up went to check on it and the warehouse had them locked away and said they weren't ready yet. She pretty much made them give it to us since we had been waiting for it and had been patient about it. There may be some other Best Buys that have them in but have yet to sort them out or whatever from the warehouse. If you haven't had the order canceled, it wouldn't hurt sort of checking in to see if there is any updates on it.

Like he said, our biggest worry wasn't getting it as our Best Buy has been great about putting preordered ones aside so far, I just didn't want the order to cancel on the off chance that they didn't come in soon enough. Luckily it worked out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anyone that hasn't had their orders for Pit canceled for Pit at Best Buy Instore Pickup get their Pit yet? My store still hasn't seemed to have got it, but my order hasn't been canceled yet. :-/

Got my instore pickup earlier today.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, so did the live-chat & linked to both figures and asked if the fact they were relisted meant if they'd be in stock any time soon. "I am sure we will be getting those back in stock, but I don't know exactly when that will be".

Just for the heck of it, I also asked about Wii Fit Trainer. "Again, I am sure we will at some point, but I just don't know when."

Well, this is interesting.

Jawmuncher

As was said back when sky lander had a similar situation they did end up getting around to resupllying sold out lines. So them coming back doesn't seem that odd. Especially when NInitendo World got new stock of them in.

Horohoro

I got a Rosalina preorder in by luck, which is how I imagine everyone else who was lucky enough to get it did. I was working night and opened up safari on my phone which caused the Rosalina page to reopen and I was able to check out. I sincerely doubt any trolls got it and it was just people like myself who were in the right place at the right time. It's great because I wont have to battle the masses in a month, but I'm sure if people should be able to track them down with some work since we know it'll be out on Feb 1.

That said, I get why people are salty about this.

Im very salty I watched target.com for weeks prior to preorder and have stayed up several nights reattempting to secure it. Also just so your aware the best scalpers don't need to even be at there pc to checkout they can set scripts to checkout as soon as the button becomes available to do so. Its very very possible that those like John claiming to have 100+ do. I know several ppl on cheapassgamer ordered 5+ so they ensure they dont get a defect or damaged one.

Joei

Alright, so did the live-chat & linked to both figures and asked if the fact they were relisted meant if they'd be in stock any time soon. "I am sure we will be getting those back in stock, but I don't know exactly when that will be".

Just for the heck of it, I also asked about Wii Fit Trainer. "Again, I am sure we will at some point, but I just don't know when."

Well, this is interesting.

I wouldn't be totally shocked if they restocked them. Amiibo have only been out a month and a half and I'm sure Nintendo was very conservative with their initial production. At the same time, though, they have a lot of figures for one game and limited shelf space so I could see them maintaining short supply. I just don't know.

I finally got my Little Mac and Pit amiibo from Best Buy. Little Mac hadnt arrived to the store on release date, so they put one on hold until they arrived. Very cool of them.

prateeko

Im very salty I watched target.com for weeks prior to preorder and have stayed up several nights reattempting to secure it. Also just so your aware the best scalpers don't need to even be at there pc to checkout they can set scripts to checkout as soon as the button becomes available to do so. Its very very possible that those like John claiming to have 100+ do. I know several ppl on cheapassgamer ordered 5+ so they ensure they dont get a defect or damaged one.

The preorder limit was 3 IIRC. It's risky to order more because that could get your whole order cancelled.

If people want to be upset I understand, but I think this way (and actually limiting to 2/person or a reasonable amount online and in person) is sensible since Target will only actually sell stock on hand and avoid preorder issues since incoming supply has been tricky as we've seen (I'm sure the port strikes are contributing).

Horohoro

I wouldn't be totally shocked if they restocked them. Amiibo have only been out a month and a half and I'm sure Nintendo was very conservative with their initial production. At the same time, though, they have a lot of figures for one game and limited shelf space so I could see them maintaining short supply. I just don't know.

Even though we are certain 5 of them have been discontinued and Nintendo themselves said they will be very limited in some instances... I'd be pretty shocked at a restock especially of those particular figures... Also they say on the webpage ship from warehouse... So its prolly old stock just getting to them I'd doubt its true restock. I'd be pretty shocked if it was real recent restock from Nintendo I won't believe that till I see a Marth or Villager in Wal-Mart, Target, BestBuy, Amazon, and everywhere else.

Horohoro

The preorder limit was 3 IIRC. It's risky to order more because that could get your whole order cancelled.

If people want to be upset I understand, but I think this way (and actually limiting to 2/person or a reasonable amount online and in person) is sensible since Target will only actually sell stock on hand and avoid preorder issues since incoming supply has been tricky as we've seen (I'm sure the port strikes are contributing).

People have multiple cards and prepare using things like visa gift cards trust me I know ppl who do this junk for a living.
As well having the script go through things like guest checkout several times... Its not hard...

prateeko

Even though we are certain 5 of them have been discontinued and Nintendo themselves said they will be very limited in some instances... I'd be pretty shocked at a restock especially of those particular figures... Also they say on the webpage ship from warehouse... So its prolly old stock just getting to them I'd doubt its true restock. I'd be pretty shocked if it was real recent restock from Nintendo I won't believe that till I see a Marth or Villager in Wal-Mart, Target, BestBuy, Amazon, and everywhere else.

It may not be old stock from the warehouse per se, but may be the initial stock finally making its way to warehouses due to slowing from the port strikes. Basically stock from the initial production run and not from a second print.

prateeko

People have multiple cards and prepare using things like visa gift cards trust me I know ppl who do this junk for a living.
As well having the script go through things like guest checkout several times... Its not hard...

Whatever, that's just sad to me. I have a real job and if that means I miss out on a small toy in the long run I think that's fine. Plus it's not hard to make friends with people at Target and have them help you get one without a ton of work

Christopher

Whatever, that's just sad to me. I have a real job and if that means I miss out on a small toy in the long run I think that's fine. Plus it's not hard to make friends with people at Target and have them help you get one without a ton of work

Lol me too doing it for a living is beyond sad beyond. I paid a little extra for Rosalina but I don't have to deal with any of the drama and especially paying these people

We decide on OT2 title yet? Less than 1,000 posts to go.

Did you read about the the girl on craigslist who looking for rare amiibo and would sexual things to get them the thirst is real

OT2: Amiiboner?

It should have amiibros in the title and whatever the female version of it is

OT2: Amiibros and Fembos

Also, yooooo is this serious? Is the American ordering that much of a mess?

Son Of D

I would really like to know what to call amii-female some thing. Is there a female here that could offer some advice. The only thing I've been able to come up with is some what offisive.

Well the female version of amigo is amiga. Amiibro and Amiiga?

Doesn't work does it?

Horohoro

Oh I don't disagree with you in the slighest except I have a good job making close to 6 figures... My only issue is he spends minutes doing this and makes more than I do by wide margin with no job...

rjinaz

OT2: Amiiboner?

OT2: Amiibros and Fembos

Also, yooooo is this serious? Is the American ordering that much of a mess?

No, it's not that big of a mess. Shulk preorders here were up for quite some time. What you got there is somebody that sold a few Shulk preorders for a reasonable price, and then decided to use his last one to ask for charity. Nobody in their right mind would pay 3k for a Shulk amiibo. The guy is basically just begging for money. It happens a lot on ebay.

Mecca

I would really like to know what to call amii-female some thing. Is there a female here that could offer some advice. The only thing I've been able to come up with is some what offisive.

I actually asked this question as well a few pages back. No one could come up with a definitive answer.

That's why I prefer using the more gender neutral "Amiigo" (even if it is derived from a "masculine" word)
Amiiladybro.
Amiibras?
Afiibo

i got nothing
Ashebo/Ashebro.
Amiibabes.
Amiigettes.
Amiibishojos.

igotnothing

SalvaPot

Oh, I got another one.

Amiibo |OT2| Wii U not included.

Amiibo |OT2| When Plastic is more valuable than Money.

Amiibo |OT2| Rosalina´s Bogaloo.

NogibTC

Banned
Success. Best Buy had to put my cancelled Pit back into store inventory to turn around and sell to me on the spot but I got him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom