• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaintDeftone

Grabbed Kirby today, which I normally ignored due to it being so common. Now all I need is Captain Falcon, Wii Fit Trainer and Marth and I'll have the complete set... until wave 3 of course.

Sharing details on my custom made amiibo shelf for anyone interested in something like this:
imagejpg4.jpg

imagejpg5.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg

imagejpg1.jpg
Using these tiered cabinet organizers / shelves:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J9OSRL2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
(There are other options, some that extend wider, some made of plastic, etc).

Four of those (48 'spaces' total), some additional birch plywood from Michaels and plenty of gorilla glue (still need to clean up some of the residue as you can see), and there you go. I wanted all the amiibo readily available next to me while playing Smash, but these can easily be set up differently or wall-hung based on what you would prefer.

Sharing details on my custom made amiibo shelf for anyone interested in something like this:

Using these tiered cabinet organizers / shelves:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J9OSRL2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
(There are other options, some that extend wider, some made of plastic, etc).

Four of those (48 'spaces' total), some additional birch plywood from Michaels and plenty of gorilla glue (still need to clean up some of the residue as you can see), and there you go. I wanted all the amiibo readily available next to me while playing Smash, but these can easily be set up differently or wall-hung based on what you would prefer.

Thanks the bamboo looks nice. Still need some ideas, I still have no idea how I am going to display my amiibos.

So, I've been kinda in and outta here so hopefully me asking dumb questions hasn't been too silly. But I guess looking at that chart Captain Toad amiibo support isn't live yet? Have they discussed what it's gonna be at all?

SalvaPot

So, I've been kinda in and outta here so hopefully me asking dumb questions hasn't been too silly. But I guess looking at that chart Captain Toad amiibo support isn't live yet? Have they discussed what it's gonna be at all?

No one knows yet...

Buuuuuut since its fun to speculate, let´s try to guess what is going to be the Captain Toad Amiibo functionality.

My guess: Extra levels themed in the franchise of the amiibo you use.

Horohoro

No one knows yet...

Buuuuuut since its fun to speculate, let´s try to guess what is going to be the Captain Toad Amiibo functionality.

Idk we need toad and toadette amiibos first... No?

Horohoro

Also I still like |OT2| Heeeeeeeeree's John!
It'll make ppl say wtf is John and hopefully make more ppl want to help and contribute to fight all scaplers goal.

No one knows yet...

I've been guessing you can use Mario/Luigi/Peach/Rosalina in the game, using their SM3DW models, letting you play the levels in completely fun speedrunny game breaking ways.

prateeko

Idk we need toad and toadette amiibos first... No?

They'll make them form he other series' I imagin but I don't know if CaptainToad will get dedicated Amiibos since its a "new" franchise. I anticipate they'll use the Smash series Amiibos for that game for now.

But there is noToad in smash so it's an odd situation

No one knows yet...

As cool as that would be I'm honestly really digging all the cool costumes they unlock as dlc so I'm hoping for that in the back of my mind.

Hatchtag

Banned
They'll make them form he other series' I imagin but I don't know if CaptainToad will get dedicated Amiibos since its a "new" franchise. I anticipate they'll use the Smash series Amiibos for that game for now.

But there is noToad in smash so it's an odd situation

I honestly only expect Amiibo figures for one big game a year. Maybe Animal Crossing in 2015 and Pokken in 2016.

I honestly only expect Amiibo figures for one big game a year. Maybe Animal Crossing in 2015 and Pokken in 2016.

thats how im looking at it also as i doubt nintendo will have more than 1 series of amiibos on shelves at a time this year they will take there time releasing the rest of the smash characters and then they will release a new series around christmas time for a game to start the second series of amiibo.

With how long it is taking for info/release of amiibo support for Captain Toad, it is possible the added content will be worthwhile. It could be a themed level for each amiibo, which would explain why it is taking so long. I just hope it is better than Mario Kart and Kirby.

SalvaPot

Has anyone posted this? A chart detailing the last production run of each amiibo.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021

Marth, Villager, WFT and Little Mac discontinued confirmed, at least for now, I guess

And yes, it seems a Fox restock is on the way.

I´ll copy paste for those who can´t access it.

Product Number Description Date of Certificate
100303 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., MARTH September 19, 2014
100334 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., Wii FIT TRAINER September 19, 2014
100313 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., VILLAGER September 29, 2014
100469 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., LITTLE MAC October 27, 2014
100298 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., MARIO November 12, 2014
100457 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., ZELDA November 12, 2014
100325 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., YOSHI November 12, 2014
100472 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., CAPTAIN FALCON November 12, 2014
100466 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., DIDDY KONG November 12, 2014
100460 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., LUIGI November 12, 2014
100454 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., PIT November 12, 2014
100310 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., PEACH December 23, 2014
100322 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., DONKEY KONG December 23, 2014
100316 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., LINK December 23, 2014
100319 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., KIRBY December 23, 2014
100331 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., SAMUS December 23, 2014
100306 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., PIKACHU December 23, 2014
100463 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., LUCARIO December 23, 2014
100716 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., TOON LINK December 23, 2014
100719 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., SHEIK December 23, 2014
100725 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., IKE December 23, 2014
100722 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., ROSALINA & LUMA December 23, 2014
100710 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., BOWSER December 23, 2014
100328 amiibo, Super Smash Bros., FOX December 27, 2014

Ecto311

I'll see about adding something. I have functionality of released games but not how to use. I know it can be confusing at first was for me.

Thanks but the pic posted above shows where they work. I am still lost as far as what they do. Can I fight as the amiibo? Does it just generate a CPU fighter that I get to compete against? Is it similar in different games? Is the amiibo linked to my account or can someone else use it like a skylander? Maybe even a link to something more comprehensive would be great. Amazing how popular these are when the info out there is so confusing - maybe I am just getting too out of the loop I don't know.

Aren't we supposed to get a Mario Party set?

Something like that can be knocked out in one single wave though, I'd imagine.

nintendo has never announced a set for mario party people are just basing it off of the the different pose of the mario amiibo nintendo has used in promotional material.

Drago

nintendo has never announced a set for mario party people are just basing it off of the the different pose of the mario amiibo nintendo has used in promotional material.
Yeah nothing was announced. I feel like I read a quote somewhere that they were gonna make a set for it though, but I can't find it and may be misremembering.

I wonder what amiibos will even do in Mario Party...

SalvaPot

latest

True, not officially, but this was the first amiibo shown, and look at the base, its a chess pattern. Also, Mario has the Classic Mario Party pose (Extendin his arm all monopoly like).

I think there is a fair chance of a Mario Party Amiibo Line.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what're the chances that Wave 4 will have retail exclusive figures again? & will Amazon be part of the list next time, or will it be the same ones?

Christopher

So what're the chances that Wave 4 will have retail exclusive figures again? & will Amazon be part of the list next time, or will it be the same ones?

The Rosalina mess should further discredit any retailer exclusives or the bare minimum one per order

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heh, I doubt it'd happen, but imagine if they patched Super Mario 3D World so if you scanned the Rosalina amiibo, you'd unlock her instantly.

prateeko

Has anyone posted this? A chart detailing the last production run of each amiibo.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021
We've talked about this over on CAG. I'll say what I said over there, but briefly these dates are when these were certified. So what we don't see from here is the number of production lines that they had, or even the actual number of dates. For example if they started making one on 29 September and finished it's one on 10 October it would still list September and October as production months, when really it wasn't produced for 60 days. The thing to notice about Fox is even though he was certification recently, the production months have already completed based on this. One other thing is that I don't know how many times and item has to be certified. So it may be that they only need to certify the first time if they don't change any thing in the production process for the subsequent runs.

All in all I don't think we can read into this as giving us any indication if any of the old amiibos are being reproduced. All this tells us is when they were certified to be safe in terms of lead and what not. There may be some lag for the last few of wave3 because of the holiday and the new year, but I expect it'll be certified soon.

If you actually open up Fox is document you'll see that it was produced over three months and the actual certification was done back in October, but the document just posted now. I don't think this indicates that it's being given a second run. Also these are made in factories where they can make more of one item such as Mariowell dedicating less resources for something rare like the villager. So even if two amigos are shown as being in production for two months, that doesn't necessarily mean equal amounts of each one are made

SalvaPot

We've talked about this over on CAG. I'll say what I said over there, but briefly these dates are when these were certified. So what we don't see from here is the number of production lines that they had, or even the actual number of dates. For example if they started making one on 29 September and finished it's one on 10 October it would still list September and October as production months, when really it wasn't produced for 60 days. The thing to notice about Fox is even though he was certification recently, the production months have already completed based on this. One other thing is that I don't know how many times and item has to be certified. So it may be that they only need to certify the first time if they don't change any thing in the production process for the subsequent runs.

All in all I don't think we can read into this as giving us any indication if any of the old amiibos are being reproduced. All this tells us is when they were certified to be safe in terms of lead and what not. There may be some lag for the last few of wave3 because of the holiday and the new year, but I expect it'll be certified soon.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

But it is kinda suspicious that the Holy 3 are the earliest ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom