• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the Peaches break easily? Mine arrived like that from TRU. I went to the store and exchanged it for a regular one (they aren't actually selling on eBay) and they comped it for no reason, which was pretty awesome.

This is a sign that Nintendo is retiring Peach for the superior Rosalina.

Has any BB pit people had theirs come in yet? I was told to expect a call today but nothing
No my Amiibro or Amiigal. I went yesterday and was told it was still coming. My concern is if it comes in 7 days after my "pickup" date it may get cancelled by the system. Also the CS rep told me that since the pickup emails went out automatically the night before the street day release when it really comes in there will not be another system notification. She assured me she would call. I shop there a lot and they recognize my name so the CS wouldn't hose me but I am concerned by the stockers and other potential customers that may ask to have them look for them. I have all Wave 3 through them in store pick up minus exclusives and it sucks.

They'd need to get permission from The Pokemon Company and other entities to use Pikachu's likeness in other games. Either they don't want to bother going through the hassle to have him used, or TPC is against Pikachu crossing over in other Nintendo games, Smash aside.

Smash Bros is like the only Nintendo crossover product that Pokemon has a role in, to my knowledge anyways.

Pokemon Company was created by Nintendo. The property is owned by Nintendo. TPC manages all the licensing of the characters.

G0523

Has any BB pit people had theirs come in yet? I was told to expect a call today but nothing

I saw ONE Pit amiibo at my local Best Buy on Tuesday in Mayfield Heights, OH. It was pretty cool since I'd never seen one before in person but I didn't buy it since there was excess paint on its feet. :/ I'm sure some lucky person bought it though.

Horohoro

AHHHHHHHHH! my targets say In Stock for rosalina! when I click find in store! D:

Ok you can't click the button from the main rosalina page. I added her to wishlist and the button is available there. When I check it says in stock for all stores!

https://www-secure.target.com/Fiats...Ql4aOM_GUQ&fromMyItemsPage=true&itemLineNum=1

AEz5uBJ.png

Yrael

I saw ONE Pit amiibo at my local Best Buy on Tuesday in Mayfield Heights, OH. It was pretty cool since I'd never seen one before in person but I didn't buy it since there was excess paint on its feet. :/ I'm sure some lucky person bought it though.

If I saw one like that I'd probably buy it and then clean up the excess paint with retouching.

Pokemon Company was created by Nintendo. The property is owned by Nintendo. TPC manages all the licensing of the characters.

The pokemon ownership situation is so weird. TPC is owned by Nintendo, gamefreak, and creatures, right? but Nintendo are majority shareholders in the other two, or something like that? my attempts at googling didn't produce anything definite. Pokemon's brand management is clearly independent enough for the tcg to go to ipad and pc, and gamefreak makes one or two random cell phone games every so often.

I'm sure pikachu will have some cross-game feature eventually.

Horohoro

For an item that is street dated one month from now? Yeah, most likely a glitch. The inventory tracker shows nothing in stock in Memphis.

yeah I checked that too here
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker
heck I pointed this and the walmart checker out to alot of people several pages back...

but it hasn't been 100% match for me always just pretty close... So idk... It also says Villager and and WFT are in stock in a couple stores within 30 miles of here...

GtwoK

yeah I checked that too here
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker
heck I pointed this and the walmart checker out to alot of people several pages back...

but it hasn't been 100% match for me always just pretty close... So idk... It also says Villager and and WFT are in stock in a couple stores within 30 miles of here...

When I bought Mac and Diddy from Target they showed up on the receipt as "amiibo WII FIT" and "amiibo VILLAGER" so that would explain that, probably

Horohoro

But, it's not functional atm.

When I tried to look in the cart, there was nothing.

Yeah I just noticed it changed from Pre-order now to Add to Cart/Express Checkout at midnight CST I've been watching the page all day.

Oddly it shows add to cart on my pc but preorder now on my phone and unavailable... but it shows available for shipping on pc and add to cart both at m.target.com...

Ok it says something different on phone for m.target.com than it does on my pc. The APP shows no button and the webpage has greyed out buttons...

Jawmuncher

Hopefully nothing crazy happens tonight to skyrocket posts. Regardless I have the next thread done so if we cut in close to 20k it's alright. Threads can go over a bit. Will be putting it up as soon as I wake up.

NateDrake

That's right.....keep spinning express checkout....keep spinning. Rosalina shall be mine! And if it works I shall share the wealth with my GAF brethren.

MegaByte

I checked the browser console output after clicking Express Checkout and the server actually returns a 400 Bad Request error.

Great to see the sharing love in here, I already have a Rosalina pre-order for another Gaffer. If she goes live, if anyone can get multiples, help someone else out. :D

Horohoro

I checked the browser console output after clicking Express Checkout and the server actually returns a 400 Bad Request error.

I haven't seen that yet doing the same... :S....

will keep waiting for result.... no reason to close it and if its waiting on a response it'll either give an error or allow checkout eventually... we'll see
This is NeoGaf afterall
Believe! lol

Still not seeing the 404 or 400. checking the browser output ala chrome....

Page is back to normal now... still spinning on one I clicked express checkout on.... :/

Horohoro

The "Add to cart" button on the mobile site changed to "Pre-order" now, but still won't let you pre-order.

It actually had been preorder now for a good while but wouldnt let you add it to your cart. When it changed to add to cart/express checkout i got excited.
It even had the radio button for ship to home checked green :( its still spinning from when i hit checkout earlier though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom