• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateeko

Marth, Villager, WFT and Little Mac discontinued confirmed, at least for now, I guess

And yes, it seems a Fox restock is on the way.

I´ll copy paste for those who can´t access it.
Actually, Fox just had his certificate posted but was tested in October per the document and it doesn't appear to be in production (although I dont know if recertification is required if they do a second run since nothing is changed....I would guess it needs to be recertified), so the absence of a certificate on the site doesn't mean the item hasn't been made yet or isn't in production.

So I would have to disagree to an extent. I don't think this indicates Fox is getting another run. But it doesn't tell us that he's not either. It just shows that this certificate was posted recently.

Drago

I figured my Pit amibo wouldn't ever get much support, but what's up with Pikachu being left out of everything?
They'd need to get permission from The Pokemon Company and other entities to use Pikachu's likeness in other games. Either they don't want to bother going through the hassle to have him used, or TPC is against Pikachu crossing over in other Nintendo games, Smash aside.

Smash Bros is like the only Nintendo crossover product that Pokemon has a role in, to my knowledge anyways.

prateeko

Awesome, thanks for the info.

But it is kinda suspicious that the Holy 3 are the earliest ones...
It is weird. I'm on my iPad so it's a little bit of a pain to pull up each one of these documents, but if you do you'll see the day they were tested on and you can see that they were made in different factories although it looks like Nintendo's probably been using 4-5 factories. So it might be that they started with the ones they were going to produced fewest of first, and then tested those while they started making the Amiibos that they knew they were going to have a higher number of like Mario.

This is the most comprehensive chart so far:
amiibo_compatibility_chart.jpg

Wait, what? Did they reveal what the Sheik amiibo would unlock?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, what? Did they reveal what the Sheik amiibo would unlock?
I'm guessing Sheik just unlocks a random weapon for her, like Zelda just gives you a better random weapon for her. Sadly, neither are like Link where you get a brand new weapon.

She and Zelda both do the same thing, daily weapon rated 3 stars or higher. I don't think they detailed specific weapons though.

I don't have Hyrule Warriors so I'm not much help here :p

Was that confirmed somewhere that Sheik and Zelda's amiibo function the same? Didn't know they revealed it already. Was hoping for a brand new weapon like Link.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
They'd need to get permission from The Pokemon Company and other entities to use Pikachu's likeness in other games. Either they don't want to bother going through the hassle to have him used, or TPC is against Pikachu crossing over in other Nintendo games, Smash aside.

Smash Bros is like the only Nintendo crossover product that Pokemon has a role in, to my knowledge anyways.

That's too bad.

Oh well, I'm sure there will be a pokemon game that supports amiibo soon enough.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I imagine Pokken will use them in some way, but yeah, I'm sure Nintendo's thinking of a way to combine amiibo or more likely the scannable card idea with Pokemon.

Horohoro

I imagine Pokken will use them in some way, but yeah, I'm sure Nintendo's thinking of a way to combine amiibo or more likely the scannable card idea with Pokemon.

I want figures :/. Although I can see some smaller cheaper form of amiibo being made for a ookemon line ala thouse ppl keep showing with Rumble.

FUCK. I'm such a weak person that I tried to talk myself out of collecting a sealed collection but I just ordered the holy trinity + fox from amazon de....now I have a open collection and sealed. SHIT

DTU

Banned
Marth, Villager, WFT and Little Mac discontinued confirmed, at least for now, I guess

And yes, it seems a Fox restock is on the way.

I´ll copy paste for those who can´t access it.

That's not the production date--that's the issue date. To see production dates you have to open the PDFs.

Anth0ny

I do wonder how they'll implement Amiibo into Pokemon.

Surely it's not reasonable to expect every Pokemon to be released as an Amiibo. Will it just be the most popular Pokemon getting a figure? Smash Bros is getting 50 amiibos, one per character... can we expect 50 of the most popular Pokemon? Less? More?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Surely it's not reasonable to expect every Pokemon to be released as an Amiibo. Will it just be the most popular Pokemon getting a figure? Smash Bros is getting 50 amiibos, one per character... can we expect 50 of the most popular Pokemon? Less? More?
Maybe Pokken will implement a similar amiibo system to SSB & each selectable Pokemon will have their own amiibo?

Assuming Game Freak jumps on board with it.

batfax

If Pokken gets amiibos, I hope they have trainers. There's so few figures of trainers, and it'd be a cool "minor" thing you could add to the game with amiibos by letting you change around who's throwing the ball and maybe some minor buff or something.

SalvaPot

If they are doing Pokemon amiibos for the next main game, then I hope they are both smaller and cheaper, I think the size of the Pokemon Rumble was perfect, but really disliked the polygon look they had. Something like a gachapon would be perfect for 5 bucks a piece, or release them as evolutionary lines.

If they do Amiibos for Pokken, damn, then they should be as detailed as Smash and cost the same.

Hmm, curious on that CPSIA thing, there's no Meta Knight, Shulk, Mega Man, or Sonic. Have they not printed them yet? Rosalina and Lucario are probably indicative of when they printed, and probably not how much stock will be appearing.

If they are doing Pokemon amiibos for the next main game, then I hope they are both smaller and cheaper, I think the size of the Pokemon Rumble was perfect, but really disliked the polygon look they had. Something like a gachapon would be perfect for 5 bucks a piece, or release them as evolutionary lines.

If they do Amiibos for Pokken, damn, then they should be as detailed as Smash and cost the same.

I would think the lower price point would be a great idea, but if they want a more streamlined thing, they'd probably price them at the same, or maybe do double packs with 2 figures. I too hope they're more detailed; while the Rumble Polygon look fit with the game, a fully fledged figure like the Smash ones would be much more welcome.

I think if they ever do them for a mainline game, you'd get ones of trainers (that'd unlock them in the game somewhere to battle) like ones of Red, Blue, Steven Stone, Cynthia, etc but also maybe ones for events. I think that will be a problem for Pokemon to work over; what could they do that would make them worth the price, but also not alienate the audience. I can just see the "I have to pay $13 for a pokemon? WTF" posts now. It'd be cool to have them for events, but not like Event Pokemon if that makes sense. Give them away at special store events and have like "Amiibo Pikachu" download with a code or by sticking the Pokemon on the new3DS.

SalvaPot

Hmm, curious on that CPSIA thing, there's no Meta Knight, Shulk, Mega Man, or Sonic. Have they not printed them yet? Rosalina and Lucario are probably indicative of when they printed, and probably not how much stock will be appearing.

I would think the lower price point would be a great idea, but if they want a more streamlined thing, they'd probably price them at the same, or maybe do double packs with 2 figures. I too hope they're more detailed; while the Rumble Polygon look fit with the game, a fully fledged figure like the Smash ones would be much more welcome.

I think if they ever do them for a mainline game, you'd get ones of trainers (that'd unlock them in the game somewhere to battle) like ones of Red, Blue, Steven Stone, Cynthia, etc but also maybe ones for events. I think that will be a problem for Pokemon to work over; what could they do that would make them worth the price, but also not alienate the audience. I can just see the "I have to pay $13 for a pokemon? WTF" posts now. It'd be cool to have them for events, but not like Event Pokemon if that makes sense. Give them away at special store events and have like "Amiibo Pikachu" download with a code or by sticking the Pokemon on the new3DS.

Well, Pokemon doesn´t have that problem since there is already a toy line (Tomy produces them) and they are not... cheap. Megaevolutions toys a little bit smaller than amiibos cost the same as them, so really all they have to do is release them. The price won´t really matter for pokemon, fans will pay anything. ANYTHING.

Drago

I think it'd be pretty cool if we could scan the Smash Pikachu amiibo into a Gen 6 game and get a special in-game Pikachu with it's Smash Bros moveset (Thunder, Quick Attack, Skull Bash, Volt Tackle). Same for any Pokemon in Smash.

$13 pokemon dlc

GtwoK

latest

True, not officially, but this was the first amiibo shown, and look at the base, its a chess pattern. Also, Mario has the Classic Mario Party pose (Extendin his arm all monopoly like).

I think there is a fair chance of a Mario Party Amiibo Line.

Ehhhhhhh... While I don't doubt a Mario Party line, I think the checkered base is way more indicative of the checkered flag from Mario Kart than it is of MP.

So what're the chances that Wave 4 will have retail exclusive figures again? & will Amazon be part of the list next time, or will it be the same ones?

I'd say there's at LEAST at 90% chance. It was basically confirmed on Best Buy Canada's website. They said something along the lines of "Stay tuned for proceeding waves with even MORE best buy exclusive amiibos"

Koppai

I wish I could have snatched the extra Pit's at my work but they were reserved. Would have been a good way to secure anything I might be missing. Currently I have everything ordered except Rosalina. <_<

Jawmuncher

I wish I could have snatched the extra Pit's at my work but they were reserved. Would have been a good way to secure anything I might be missing. Currently I have everything ordered except Rosalina. <_<

I think it's pretty terrible that currently the only reason I have rosalina locked is thanks to a import. It's ridiculous.

Horohoro

So you think Target and Toysrus are putting up the Rosalina page and Marth page for clicks? lol cause there getting all my clicks...

Jetku

Peach had too much new year's fun last night.

Oz4M4Fq.jpg

This particular GameStop had this one peach, one luigi, and TWELVE Samus figures. That was it. Crazy..

MegaByte

Seems like the Peaches break easily? Mine arrived like that from TRU. I went to the store and exchanged it for a regular one (they aren't actually selling on eBay) and they comped it for no reason, which was pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom