• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateeko

That's right.....keep spinning express checkout....keep spinning. Rosalina shall be mine! And if it works I shall share the wealth with my GAF brethren.
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/1...ir-pre-order-spots-for-rosalina-luma-amiibos/

screen-shot-2014-12-14-at-10-30-36-am.png

I wouldn't spend too much time on it. It'll pop up on the site in a month...

Shadoron

I'm reposting the link to the Amiibo Lot number database. If you have a couple minutes between refreshing various store pages for Amiibos, please add any missing numbers you may have.

Based on what's been posted so far, it seems that different regions have received complete sets of lot numbers. It would be interesting to see if any of the various regions' numbers actually overlap. We can also see how many restocks have happened, once more numbers have been added. For example, I recently purchased a new Samus to replace my "drunk" one, and she now has a "424" lot number. The first releases had "364" in the US.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/154NCz7kqi-MvuoSBIS_MCmSNsrcC51Q7vENoURchqf8/edit?pli=1#gid=0

EDIT: As I was typing out this post, I just noticed that there is a Samus under both the US and PAL section with a "374" lot number. If this wasn't a typo, then lot numbers can span multiple regions. If any gaffers can confirm they have a US or PAL Samus with "374", this would be a very interesting find. If this really is the case, then there is literally NO difference at all between regions, other than packaging. I'd love to see matching WFT, Villager, or Marth Amiibo lot numbers between regions... before Scalper John decides to start selling "loose" US version rare Amiibos for insane money, lol.

FaintDeftone

So basically, Nintendo made it near impossible to get Rosalina at Target unless you preorder during the one opportunity they give you. Bullshit.

So basically, Nintendo made it near impossible to get Rosalina at Target unless you preorder. Bullshit.
At least u have a small chance to get her in store, i can only imagine what itll be like at gamestop when shulk comes out. They will shove you should have preordered na na na boo boo boo down ur throat

At least u have a small chance to get her in store, i can only imagine what itll be like at gamestop when shulk comes out. They will shove you should have preordered na na na boo boo boo down ur throat

All I know is that I'm going to be pulling up to GameStop exactly at opening time on 2/1. I have an Ike that I ordered ship-to-store already, so even if Shulk isn't there at least I won't be leaving empty handed (...hopefully), but I figure then is pretty much my chance. Failing that, after the hunt for previous rares, I don't know how much I'm going to want to try... As for Rosalina, Target's literally a couple hundred feet away, so fingers crossed for her.

Honestly the ones I'm most worried about though are Lucario and Meta Knight. TRU is hella far away from me, so I reeeally don't want to go there too, and Best Buy isn't exactly close either. Plus, both are easily the spottiest as far as handling amiibos go...

_SAKY_

It actually had been preorder now for a good while but wouldnt let you add it to your cart. When it changed to add to cart/express checkout i got excited.
It even had the radio button for ship to home checked green :( its still spinning from when i hit checkout earlier though...

Good luck man. Add me to the list also. Rosaluna is the only one I dont have so far.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So when's Mega Man? (and I mean preorders in Europe)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I preordered on Zavvi and Amazon a few weeks ago in the UK, but they're no longer available. Hopefully closer to the date they'll re-open.
Thanks, didn't know there were preorders already... waiting for amazon.de.

Nightz

So I used the cancellation coupon from TRU to order Lucario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pit and Captain Falcon. A couple of days ago I received an email stating that Pit and Captain Falcon were delayed. Just a few minutes ago I got an email that my order for these two amiibos was cancelled. TRU sucks.

Horohoro

still a month away and my best plan is still waiting right before the store opens...

Yup the order I had placed last night is still spinning at checkout this morning LOL... But yeah if it doesn't I just plan to be outside the store the day before rush in ask them to grab it from the back as I'm positive it won't be put on the shelf yet... Or it will have already been put on the shelf several days earlier than expected(I keep expecting this as I really don't think the stores have a clue on dates for these things....)

Horohoro

So I used the cancellation coupon from TRU to order Lucario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pit and Captain Falcon. A couple of days ago I received an email stating that Pit and Captain Falcon were delayed. Just a few minutes ago I got an email that my order for these two amiibos was cancelled. TRU sucks.
When did you use the coupon? (How long after it was issued to people?)

bumpkin

I love that I got a reminder email from Best Buy to come pick up my Pit figure... Well, you know, if one of your employees hadn't likely yanked it for themselves to turn around and sell, I'd have already gotten it. Fuckers.

FaintDeftone

Wow, the Toys R Us website sucks!

I ordered the Pit Amiibo on Wednesday when it was currently set as backordered. Later that same day, I actually found a Pit Amiibo in a local store and I snatched him up.

I went to cancel the order on the TRU website and it will not let me log in. It keeps saying it doesn't recognize my email address, but I'm entering the damn email address that I used to sign up and even received a confirmation email from. What the hell?

I talked to the live chat folks and they couldn't help me and told me they cannot cancel the order on their end.

I called today and spoke to a rep and they told me the item is no longer backordered and being processed and that they cannot cancel it now. So basically I'm stuck with an extra Pit Amiibo. Definitely the last time I order from TRU online; they're account system is fucking broken.

So now I can either:

A. Take it back to a brick and mortar TRU store.
B. Trade it for an Amiibo I do not have, like Captain Falcon.
C. Sell it to a GAFer who needs it.
D. Sell that shit on eBay for a profit.

What to do...

rjinaz

My Pit and Captain Falcon from BestBuy.com are coming in today. Well that was fast from them for once.

Edit: Speak of the devil, its in!

Meanwhile, my BB order is still being prepared. Actually I think if I ever do receive the package I'm not going to open it. It's going to be a thing of beauty being prepared for so long. Maybe the best prepared box in the world.

Meanwhile, my BB order is still being prepared. Actually I think if I ever do receive the package I'm not going to open it. It's going to be a thing of beauty being prepared for so long. Maybe the best prepared box in the world.
They arrived in prestine condition. Both were placed side ways in a box with some air thing to prevent sliding around. Fit perfectly. No damages to the packaging at all. I hope yours are in just as good condition!

Serge85

I'm in the same boat, I was happy I could preorder some other amiibos, so I "got" sonic, mega man, captain falcon and pit" , 2 days ago I received an email stating that my order for captain and pit was being processing....

Cool right? NO, I just received a cancellation email for those two "Unfortunately, some or all of the items from your order # 3053043xx8-1 are currently unavailable. As a result, these item(s) have been deleted from your order.

Here is a review of the item(s) that have been cancelled:

Item#: 19948470
Description: Captain Falcon amiibo
Quantity/Price: 1 @ $10.99

Item#: 19948482
Description: Pit amiibo
Quantity/Price: 1 @ $10.99
"

WTF, I mean, what is the purpose of preordering an item then.... TRU sucks.

Hero

I can do one better

Ordered 2 Pitt amiibos (one for me and one for my wife sousourocket ) from toys r us

That order was summarily cancelled by their system.

Went ahead and reordered when they became available again.

Well, as the second order is shipping, got notification that the previously cancelled 1st order was reinstated. They BOTH shipped today.

Ie, I'll have an extra two to trade when all the dust settles I guess. Yay TRU.

Dibs on one. :D

I got lucky, my 15 month old woke up at 4:00am one morning and rosalina was available.

Payback for never being able to find pit or little Mac.

Where is the best place to Import amiibos from?

FaintDeftone

I can do one better

Ordered 2 Pitt amiibos (one for me and one for my wife sousourocket ) from toys r us

That order was summarily cancelled by their system.

Went ahead and reordered when they became available again.

Well, as the second order is shipping, got notification that the previously cancelled 1st order was reinstated. They BOTH shipped today.

Ie, I'll have an extra two to trade when all the dust settles I guess. Yay TRU.

Wow, I didn't know a retailer could reinstate a cancelled order on somebody. That's kind of bullshit.

Oh well, at least I have a TRU near me and I can just return it, or sell it/swap it. No biggy. I think I'm done with their website though. The support rep I talked to was terrible and I could barely understand a word she said.

I have a feeling this will end up being cancelled anyway. I never got a shipping notice and folks who have ordered Pit way before me are getting cancelled. That would be screwed up if they cancelled on someone and then shipped one to a dude like me who placed an order several days after them.

akileese

What the shit? After giving me a shipping notice, toys r us has cancelled my Captain Falcon. Wat.

e: Went to the website and the order is definitely no longer listed as shipping and has been cancelled. Will keep my eyes out but I never got a tracking number. Holy cow TRU you are an unbelievably scummy and shitty company.

Jeff-DSA

What the shit? After giving me a shipping notice, toys r us has cancelled my Captain Falcon. Wat.

e: Went to the website and the order is definitely no longer listed as shipping and has been cancelled. Will keep my eyes out but I never got a tracking number. Holy cow TRU you are an unbelievably scummy and shitty company.

Same here. TRU is the most incompetent online retailer I've ever dealt with. So many screw ups, and this is just the latest.

od55qYu.png

akileese

Same here. TRU is the most incompetent online retailer I've ever dealt with. So many screw ups, and this is just the latest.

od55qYu.png

Yep this is exactly what mine looks like. I haven't checked, but I'm willing to bet they charged me too.

edit: No charge thankfully. I'll keep my eye out for a reinstatement of the order.

Toys R Us screwed me today as well!

Ordered 1 of each Amiibo right after getting the discount code in the email. I had 2 Pits ordered before this at normal price (and $8 shipping). Today, I got an email that my discounted Pit and Captain Falcon Amiibos had been cancelled, yet the 2 Pits at normal price have shipped!

I'm furious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom