• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how the exclusive amiibos are gonna work in Europe? Or is it perhaps gonna be different across europe.

One of my local shops has put up Lucario for preorder, only him, and with an expected date of delivery at 13.01, I don't know what's going on

Labrys

Looks like I might be getting a second Pit. Once I confirm if I am or not I'll let you guys know, and I'll see if I can set one of you guys up with him (price i'll be paying + shipping most likely)

Looks like all my hopes rest in Walmart (and Fed Ex) to successfully deliver Captain Falcon. Unbelievable that 2 out of 3 retailers (them, Gamestop, and Toys R Us) have failed me on this. My Gamestop pre-order for in-store pickup has just been apparently forgotten (the employee claims they never got any in) and now the TRU fiasco.

Has anyone had any success in changing in-store pickups to deliveries w/ Gamestop? I'm worried about my Ike and Dedede.

Jeff-DSA

And this was my previous confirmation. Note: I got this confirmation 2 days ago, so this was essentially the shipping confirmation as I had placed the order way earlier.

a10oDJb.png

JoeM86

Good lord, I don't get how things are so bad over in the US. Nintendo of America really messed up.

On the bright side, 3 weeks until Wave 3 here in Europe. Exciting!

Does anyone know how the exclusive amiibos are gonna work in Europe? Or is it perhaps gonna be different across europe.

One of my local shops has put up Lucario for preorder, only him, and with an expected date of delivery at 13.01, I don't know what's going on

Dunno about the rest of the EU, but no news on exclusive amiibos in the UK.

Yet. Wouldn't be surprised if the reason places are putting wave 3s as unavailable now when they were available before is Game got an exclusive. Hopefully just Occam's Razor and they've either fulfilled preorders now only to have more later, or they learned their lesson from unfulfilled orders and are more reasonable about incoming supply.

I am glad Lucario is the only Wave 3 Amiibo I preordered with them. By force since there is no other option.

The rest of Wave 3 is all preordered in stores that are not TRU

Jeff-DSA

TRU is easily the worst retailer to deal with in this whole Amiibo game. They take orders that they have no hope of fulfilling and they deal out so much BS info it's not even funny. Never mind that they list stuff on eBay right after they cancel preorders for the same item. They don't give a crap about their customers.

Horohoro

TRU is easily the worst retailer to deal with in this whole Amiibo game. They take orders that they have no hope of fulfilling and they deal out so much BS info it's not even funny. Never mind that they list stuff on eBay right after they cancel preorders for the same item. They don't give a crap about their customers.

Greatest so far IMO from best to worst
1. Gamestop - have had 0 BS from them
2. Amazon - screwed up packaging cancelled a Marth on me.
3. Target - Very unclear release data no cancels but I'm pretty sure they sold half of wave 2 early.
4. Wal-Mart - No clue what they're doing
5.Spin Street - They get in a few shipments no issues with them but very limited shelf space and unknowledgable employees.
6. TRU - Multiple reasons.

My face when everyone's having their orders cancelled from TRU.
I ordered Falcon the other day...did anyone else do so too? No update yet besides it being Located In Stock, so I'm hoping it'll still be coming. Says it should be here by next friday.

TRU I've dealt with quite a few times with Skylanders, and really the only big problem I've had with them is in terms of their shipping. They have those Legendary Skylanders and every time I order them, they come in a bubble envelope and the plastic bubble on the figure's package is damaged. They usually refund the money when I complain which is nice but I'm shit out of luck if I wanted to keep it in the box; so I've just been going right into TRU to buy them since they have a ridiculous amount of them.

The worst scenario was when they shipped an Adventure Pack for the first game and it got so damaged in transit that they had to discard it. They literally threw away my order. That was the most aggravating thing ever because it was back in SSA where if you didn't get the adventure pack on launch you'd probably never see it until the next game came out. Luckily my cousin was working at TRU at the time and nabbed me one.

Their customer service is usually pretty good all things considered. I'd say maybe complain to them and see if they'll help you out at all. Maybe a wait list or something.

SalvaPot

Yep, mine was cancelled as well, good god, I´m checking my order history and so far I have only gotten 3 orders through and like 8 cancelations, wtf.

Ninja Dom

I'm jumping in very late into the discussion.

Can anybody tell me the rarity of:

Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda

My local Argos has all of these in stock. I'm on my way to pick up Captain Falcon now, my first amiibo. I'm in the UK.

akileese

Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda

My local Argos has all of these in stock. I'm on my way to pick up Captain Falcon now, my first amiibo. I'm in the UK.

All of those except Zelda and Luigi are very rare and difficult to find in the US.

As for retailers go, I've had zero issues with bestbuy.com but I have them shipping to my house as opposed to in store pickup. TRU has been a disaster and the two I got from Amazon turned out just fine. The rest have been random findings while in store.

Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda

Going by the US standards:

Captain Falcon - Uncommon to rare right now
Villager - Rare as fuck
Wii Fit Trainer - Rare as fuck
Little Mac - Rare
Luigi - Common
Diddy Kong - Uncommon (none by me but I see people post them in the thread a lot)
Zelda - Common

You could make some US fans very happy by grabbing Villager/WFT!

Horohoro

Oh good. So I'm not the only one who had their order canceled again. I'm on the web chat talking to someone at the moment.

Ask about more than your order
Ask them if this is in general a mistake again AND be sure to point out that both the Pit and Captain Falcon Amiibos were available on Wednesday and New Years eve to order and that people are having those shipped.
Meanwhile orders we placed WEEKS ago were cancelled and then we were reissued another opportunity to have them AND they were cancelled again.

Idc if the chat rep knows nothing lets push this to higher management I chatted with them earlier and will continue to do so till we force some responses out of them.

Guys if you're getting screwed with your Pit order because of TRU, I may be able to help two of you out. I posted this info earlier but no one seemed to be interested.

melman101

Ok they cancelled my nephews order of Pit and Falcon. TRU sucks! I do have 2x of them, but I planned on opening Pit :-(. Now, the hunt is on again.

emb

Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac

Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda

Not sure about the UK, but the bolded ones are all rare in the US. And since these are pretty import friendly, there's probably some consistency with global rarity. I'm pretty sure Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit were discontinued everywhere, for now.

Horohoro

Not sure about the UK, but the bolded ones are all rare in the US. And since these are pretty import friendly, there's probably some consistency with global rarity. I'm pretty sure Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit were discontinued everywhere, for now.

Samus and Fox are discontinued now also.

emb

Guys if you're getting screwed with your Pit order because of TRU, I may be able to help two of you out. I posted this info earlier but no one seemed to be interested.
Interested. (Though I didn't even have an order on TRU. To be clear, I just mean, if you're selling around MSRP I'd definitely be willing to buy.)

SalvaPot

It seems I was able to nab an extra Pit, but I won´t be sure until I get them in my hands... anyone interested in trading for Captain Falcon?

Horohoro

HALP. PLS. STAP DIS.

(I'm on a web chat with someone or should I just call them?)

Do either but please mention this. Then tell us your results

Ask them if this is in general a mistake again AND be sure to point out that both the Pit and Captain Falcon Amiibos were available on Wednesday and New Years eve to order and that people are having those shipped.
Meanwhile orders we placed WEEKS ago were cancelled and then we were reissued another opportunity to have them AND they were cancelled again.

Idc if the chat rep knows nothing lets push this to higher management I chatted with them earlier and will continue to do so till we force some responses out of them.

My results.
I called and was told they were sorry but there isn't anything they could do... will chat at lunch today.

crmetteer

My captain Falcon and Luigi just arrived from Best Buy in perfect condition. Pit is still in "preparing shipment" limbo. Hope he doesn't get canceled.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
As it stands I have some extra WFT and Diddy, lil Mac as well. Will be looking for Rosalina to trade for.

Edit: aaaaaand TRU just cancelled my captain falcon. Yay!

I'll need to hustle and flow for some extra Rosalina's.

I'm just going to have to bother my brother even more since he works at Target now.

MegaByte

Man fuck TRU. WTF?
Online agent was of no help. Apparently, they can't access most information in their system and I have to call in.

Illucio

Banned
Do either but please mention this. Then tell us your results

My results.
I called and was told they were sorry but there isn't anything they could do... will chat at lunch today.
I said everything you listed, and currently trying to get the person to contact higher management on this. I'm giving them hell for this, I'm peeved.

MrMephistoX

Man fuck TRU. WTF?
Online agent was of no help.

Your first mistake was expecting customer service to know more than you do; it's not their fault dude. Nothing malicious probably just a supply chain fuck up but you're likely never going to get an answer that proprietary. Get a refund or try to arrange for a preorder on a stock replenish if that's available and move on; they can't replace what they don't have in stock and they won't have answers for you.

CH4OS

Wait, are all the pits being cancelled by TRU the ones that were ordered with the code that dropped the $999 price down?! I still haven't gotten a cancellation email but I'm freaking out now!
I ordered all of wave 3 + pit at 10.99 at that time AND I used a $25 promo coupon! I don't want my $7 amiibos cancelled 😞

Captain Falcon
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda

Could you pick me up a Little Mac? Also in the UK but none of the Argos in my area has it, thank you will paypal you the payment =)

wenis

looks like my Gamestop order of Pit and Lil' Mac are due to be dropped off today! :)

MegaByte

Your first mistake was expecting customer service to know more than you do; it's not their fault dude. Nothing malicious probably just a supply chain fuck up but you're likely never going to get an answer that proprietary. Get a refund or try to arrange for a preorder on a stock replenish if that's available and move on; they can't replace what they don't have in stock and they won't have answers for you.

I never said it was. Those two lines were independent thoughts. Still, they should be informed on what actually went wrong -- it's not their fault, but it's still the fault of the system or the management.

Subxero

TRU cancelled my Captain Falcon from Wednesday. I checked it this morning and it showed item located in stock.

It sucks I was really happy I got one ordered. Now I kinda don't even want to bother trying to order any others from them. The hunt continues.

Ninja Dom

What's the Zelda situation like in London? Is she easy to find or am I better off buying her online?

I'm in London and when I checked a couple of hours ago, Zelda was in stock at my local Argos. Now it's out of stock. Same as Little Mac. I did manage to reserve a Captain Falcon and I'm picking that up in the next 10 minutes.

Illucio

Banned
What the crap?

I just got email confirmation on a THIRD PAIR of Pitts that were just shipped to me.

Wait what? So are people getting additional orders for no apparent reason? Well that would explain why they don't have stock of it anymore....

Gotta admit, it was pretty damn neat to watch my 11 year old play MK8 online for an hour and never once see anyone else with a Capt Falcon costume :)

We're assuming he'll be one of the rare ones right?

wenis

Gotta admit, it was pretty damn neat to watch my 11 year old play MK8 online for an hour and never once see anyone else with a Capt Falcon costume :)

We're assuming he'll one of the rare ones right?
Semi-rare. Not as rare as WFT, Villager and Marth, but still pretty rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom