• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As Civil War II Ends, Steve Rogers Lays Out His Plan to Make America Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Actually, this raises the real question in the MU. That team is probably powerful enough that they could track down the cosmic avatar of racism and punch its lights out. Why haven't they done more?

But there's like 8 more hulks now.

Probably falls under Master Hate

820312-master_hate.jpg

Yep.

I'm sure they'll introduce some sort of plot device to make it more believable but the idea that Hydra could take over the USA or actually be able to hold it for more than a week is kind of funny with guys like Thor and Hulk around.

They have a hard enough time fighting people without superpowers.

Hydra ran SHIELD for decades, fam, and even Best Nick Fury got taken for a ride. Now that he busy with moon stuff? Perfectly believable that Hydra would do something like that.

Wow, that's some dark shit. Pretty raw stuff there's doing with Cap there, but I mean, it's how America feels right now, I guess. Doesn't seem like there's much hope as of right now to be honest.

Moofers

dude-I meant that Steve has set up Sam Wilson for failure so that he can be vilified by the Marvel Universe's public and politicians. He was framed for killing that Congressman.

Sam Wilson is THE best book Marvel publishes.

Captain-America-Sam-Wilson-2015-017-2017-digital-004-600x922.jpg

Captain-America-Sam-Wilson-2015-017-2017-digital-005-600x922.jpg

I haven't read any comics since the New Order or whatever event that was where The Green Goblin became the President somehow and all the villains took over. It was after Civil War if my poor description isn't ringing any bells.

Anyway, this looks interesting and I am not familiar with Sam Wilson. Is he a character or does he have his own book, or both? I'd like to pick up a new comic to get into but I'm not sure what's good in Marvel these days.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sam Wilson was the Falcon until Steve Rogers was aged by a villain, so Steve gave the shield to him and he is Cap since then

Actually, this raises the real question in the MU. That team is probably powerful enough that they could track down the cosmic avatar of racism and punch its lights out. Why haven't they done more?

But there's like 8 more hulks now.
Because racism doesn't exist for them to fight maaaan. They will willing to to jail to get casted on the next season of OITNB

dh4niel

It's a shame that people turn to fiction to escape from horrible realities and they're being shown what's happening in the US now but in comic book form.

Interesting idea, bit too close to home though.

Ah, the go-to line of someone who never was going to care about comics anyway

Yup, those kind of comments are so common it's hilarious. Just post any dumb panel from a comic without context and you'll flooded with "this is why comics suck now lol" replies.

Scratching off an entire medium because of one panel goes to show how ignorant the person is about the subject.

Pizza

Dark reign was one of my favorite arcs, I've been behind (I usually just read Spider-Man family series and big events) but the stuff I've been hearing actually sounds pretty tight. Evil captain America sounds like a really creative way to mirror the current presidency

I always liked the clone saga too, so I'm stoked 👌

mreddie

The big problem is you have books that fans don't want tied into the madness.

Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl, Silk, to name a few and some books drop in sales because of it.

If you have a Ms. Marvel run tied to Secret Empire where half of the audience reads it in spite of the events, you can kiss that audience goodbye.

Empire seems like Dark Reign 2.0.

The big problem is you have books that fans don't want tied into the madness.

Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl, Silk, to name a few and some books drop in sales because of it.

If you have a Ms. Marvel run tied to Secret Empire where half of the audience reads it in spite of the events, you can kiss that audience goodbye.

Empire seems like Dark Reign 2.0.

At least Ms. Marvel would be a logical tie-in to Secret Empire with her being both Muslim and Inhuman if they are dealing with unjust interment and deporting.

It would make Ms. Marvel the series a little too heavy for my tastes though. Part of the reason I love it is because of how small-scale and comparatively light it can be.

At least Ms. Marvel would be a logical tie-in to Secret Empire with her being both Muslim and Inhuman if they are dealing with unjust interment and deporting.

It would make Ms. Marvel the series a little too heavy for my tastes though. Part of the reason I love it is because of how small-scale and comparatively light it can be.
They already pretty much did that in CWII for her.

Fury451

Banned
I have not been following the CW2 or new Cap stuff (did read Falcon #17 though) and have been actively avoiding tie-ins to CW2.

What the hell is going on here? Why do this with Cap of all people? Is this part of a long-play gambit where Cap then pulls a fast one and dismantles Hydra for the greater good? What is this, seriously.

I'll just stick to my All-New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight books, thanks Marvel.

mreddie

I have not been following the CW2 or new Cap stuff (did read Falcon #17 though) and have been actively avoiding tie-ins to CW2.

What the hell is going on here? Why do this with Cap of all people? Is this part of a long-play gambit where Cap then pulls a fast one and dismantles Hydra for the greater good? What is this, seriously.

I'll just stick to my All-New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight books, thanks Marvel.

Don't be shocked if 2 of those are chained to the event.

Axel Alonso loves his fucking tie ins.

Dalek

Haha. Yep.

And I already hate this, because Sam wouldn't support Steve in this bullshit.

Sam is the Cap we all deserve. He truly deserves the title.

And yes as someone else mentioned-this entire storyline has been great. Civil War 2 deserves to be knocked but Spencer's Captain America(s) run has been superb. Hydra Cap is truly sinister.

No one else BUT Cap could pull off something like this, and no this isn't a con, he's all in, he's already killed people.(most notably he engineered the Hulk's death)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Shut your mouth. Sam Wilson is one of the best books out now.

I like the ideas behind it, but Nick Spencer can't write.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
In AvX Cyclops says that Captain America is fighting on the side of fascism. He saw it coming.

Cap didn't become this way until long after avsx. There's no way he knew a cosmic cube would turn him into an agent of Hydra. And it's not facist to stop someone trying to will in a space beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom