• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

jambo

600 posts until AusGAF VI, everyone preparing?

pc_maxpayne2.jpg

Remember when standard packaging was awesome and not just for The Witcher 2? Ah Max Payne, my dear friend. I weep for your lost soul.

I have that box somewhere at home, used to love late 90s and early 00s PC boxes. I can remember SimCity 3000 coming with a 300 or so page manual.

So it turns out I can only handle one forum at a time. Had all my attention on sports forums for the past week, and then there is a Baldur's Gate trailer and I get dragged back here.

Also NRL starts back tomorrow. So.Fucking.Excited.

I know I'm way early for it, but I vote we call AusGAF VII Adrian's Revenge

senahorse

X3n. Going by the thread in ot the pi will be on sale in 20 minutes time. First 10,000.

Got an order in with Farnell, it went from Processing to Back Order and then on Twitter said they had sold out...

But now it has gone back to Processing :O

edit: and back again to Back Order :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Same. I have no direction or thought as to what I should be doing with my life, So i've just kinda settled on this shit and going with the slow flow of it all.

Yeah, that's mostly what I'm doing. Just feel like I'm in a bit of a ruck, not really going anywhere though at my own fault.

Woke up sick this morning, so my deteriorating state last night no doubt contributed to my misery.

Do what makes you happy, then do it some more.

Does complaining on the internet count?

Salazar

The co-host of Channel Ten program The Circle has publicly apologised for making a sexist and disrespectful comment about Victoria Cross winner Ben Roberts-Smith, saying she had never met the Australian war hero and "felt sick" at the angry backlash she had received after branding him brainless.

Yumi Stynes admitted she did not know much about Corporal Roberts-Smith when she commented on a photograph of the shirtless war hero in a swimming pool yesterday, saying: "He's going to dive down to the bottom of the pool to see if his brain is there." Stynes's guest, co-host and veteran journalist George Negus had then quipped: "I'm sure he's a really good guy, nothing about poor old Ben. But that sort of bloke, and what if they're not up to it in the sack?"

Another host questioned whether Negus was suggesting "that he could be a dud root", to laughter from the audience.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...d-root-slur-20120229-1u1mr.html#ixzz1nkihb0LV

Oh Channel 10. You're even trying to make George Negus edgy.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So it turns out I can only handle one forum at a time. Had all my attention on sports forums for the past week, and then there is a Baldur's Gate trailer and I get dragged back here.

Also NRL starts back tomorrow. So.Fucking.Excited.

I know I'm way early for it, but I vote we call AusGAF VII Adrian's Revenge

NRL thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464550

Tipping and such

Yeah that was cringe worthy. Ring of Retardation is what the show should be.

Rezbit

What even is that shitty show? It's not really offensive, it's just IQ-lowering levels of dumb. The dude would just laugh at those people being dumbarses, he knows he's a hard cunt. Excuse my language.

I had In and Out once. I wasn't impressed with the food. Inside of the store at Fisherman's Wharf (in 2006) reminded me of a Macca's from 30 years ago.

Edit: it's not terrible. It's just not as good as something like Grill'd.

Besides, they don't do Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshakes

Shaneus

Also most places now are worried about getting sued for paying it out in cash and then the employee getting injured as the annual leave is meant to give you a break for work to let you recuperate at intervals during the year so the stress/load doesn't build up and break you.
At least that is what a lot of companies I have talked to look at it as. They are super keen for people to take their leave and most will force you to use some if it builds up, for the above reason and the reason Fred said of having to pay out a massive lump amount if you get laid off.
It's actually in my annual performance agreement to keep my days owing below a certain threshold. I'm saving it for a decent-length holiday though, so my manager(s) usually aren't too pissed when I fail that every year.

Rahk

This might be of interest to some of you:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64409699/ftl-faster-than-light

FTL has been described as “Firefly by way of Spelunky.”  Many games have tackled the goal of recreating the feeling of space operas, but few have focused on the inner workings of a single ship. How does the crew react when their ship takes a heavy missile barrage and the shield batteries shut down?  Do you reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape?  Do you power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky before they can breach your hull?  Or do you teleport a boarding party onto the enemy ship and take the fight to them directly?  FTL allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.

And Shapes. Shapes forgot them too.
Damn you, had to go grab a pack of Pizza Shapes to go with my Becks and Cloud Nothings. Actually, thank you.

I don't think I'm ready D:

I really like the name for this one...
AusGAF VI: Thrills, Spills & R18 Kills

Don't you live in Warrnambool?
SGGPs.jpg

Linksy
Panel members on the show also went on to describe Corporal Roberts-Smith as "bloodthirsty'' and a professional killer.

''So I made a joke, because how could anybody possibly be so perfect?'' Yumi said.

''What I didn't estimate was how much my joke was not appreciated. I sort of intimated that maybe he wasn't very smart, because how could you be that buff and spend that much time in a gym and be smart as well?"
So now only people who aren't buff are smart? What a fuckwit. All because the bloke was on another channel talking about how his wife and him had to use IVF for their twin daughters. I wonder if it would have even been raised in such a light if the report was on Channel 10.

Wooooooow at this whole "The Circle" fiasco.

Check out the official Facebook page. It gets like 10 comments every 10 seconds.

https://www.facebook.com/CircleTV?sk=wall

Shows that the majority of the population at least respect the armed forces. I'm still not sure what he did to be brought into the scope of the show to be ridiculed.

Did a good job of showing how divorced from reality some people in the media industry are.

EDIT: still trending on twitter quite strong too.

Cannot wait! Eels back in action on Friday. Without Hayne playing, and with Mannah and Maitua not at 100% it'd be a bit optimistic to put any expectations on them. I'm just glad to have the footy back.

Yeah should be an interesting game. Broncs without locky could be a disaster. Not sure where they're going to get the direction he provided from.

Still hopeful though. They've got some talent.

And that is such shit about Negus. The dude is a soldier not fucking Jesus. Jokes are jokes I'm sure he'd be having a laugh if he was there.

Top Bottom