• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKeyPit

Banned
giphy.gif

Cross-post from old thread

Looks just a little bit like Starkiller at the start of the gif.

I'm just really confused how they would pull off WW1. The alternate history thing could work, but then I wonder why you would set it in WW1 if you are going to do that.

Eager to see what it is.

Same if it's WW2. I want that 2143 they've been hinting at for ages. That or another modern shooter because, seriously, I'm sick of WW2. It's everywhere. Even if we haven't had a deluge of it in games, there's numerous documentaries and books and TV shows made about it. Go watch those for your WW2 fix. :/

DerZuhälter;202730491 said:
World War 1 would be horrible and an instant turn off for me.

This. No interest whatsoever in anything that's not modern warfare or sci-fi. WW 1 and 2 can GTFO.

Alternate history WW1 game was the rumour a few weeks back and I've never strayed from the idea much how that will be the case. This adds weight to that with the old jacket and zeppelin in the sky.

wasn't bf4 way more popular on plyatsation?

Yes but this was before the launch of both consoles and it doesn't matter if the PS4 version is more popular if Microsoft and EA have a partnership with a certain game or DLC they will do it that's how business works

Dizzan

MINI Member
I miss the days of great WWII shooters with atmospheric gameplay.

I hope someone brings one out on the PS4K that really pushes graphic boundaries.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Seems that PS got BF and Xbox got BF

But...

In an interview with IGN, Phil Spencer made it clear that he is no fan of third-party exclusives, which is the most likely scenario why Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 will have exclusive content on the PlayStation 4 instead of the Xbox brand as per usual. - See more at: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/8...ve-games-on-xbox-one.htm#sthash.6goKYKnN.dpuf

Lets just hope the marketing is like Battlefronts.

In the end no one really got screwed.

Agreed.

Single most important factor in this game for me is the destruction. Battlefront was a gigantic back-step in that regard and is a large reason why that is so unsatisfying to play with the little pea-shooter laser guns.

If they've pared back the destruction again in this or as much as they did in BF then I have totally lost faith in them. When you have vehicles especially, destructible environments enhances that aspect of gameplay immeasurably.

This. No interest whatsoever in anything that's not modern warfare or sci-fi. WW 1 and 2 can GTFO.
Those conflicts have barely been explored besides the biggest known battles. There's so many stories and battles and theaters that could be covered, it's crazy to think that those conflicts are even close to being picked clean

Those conflicts have barely been explored besides the biggest known battles. There's so many stories and battles and theaters that could be covered, it's crazy to think that those conflicts are even close to being picked clean

And they haven't been explored in HD! Games have come so far since the last time WWII games we're popular, and the storytelling is miles ahead. There is so much room for expansion within the WWI & WWII era. It makes me so excited thinking about the possibilties.

The problem with that is splitting the player base. I can see servers just running the different time periods, but I guess there will be enough to fill them all. Better that than no past warfare I guess.

The players always ruin it somehow anyway, considering some of the most popular servers in 3 and 4 were just 24/7 boring ass Metro.

alternative history is much more attractive to me, i REALLY dont want to be playing iron sights all the time.

as long as they dont go too crazy with the alt history it will sell well i reckon. no lasers/aliens

Dinosaurs would bum me out unless they were exceptionally well done, something that hasn't been achieved yet. Ever.

I would rather it remain a BF meme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom