• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KOHIPEET

After listening to the music in the teaser I'm even more confused. It just doesn't sound like pure historical stuff.

I'm hyped for tomorrow.

nick nacc

Banned
567159.jpg

isnt that this guy? So unless time travel......

DOWN

Banned
The more detail they add to the face textures, the more the chunky low-poly geometry of that collar stands out like an ugly, ugly sore thumb.
I noticed too but I like that kind of thing since it tells you that the real game assets are fucking amazing considering they are using them for their trailer

Havel

Let's put an end to this flippy-dippy jet pack wall-running nonsense.

Fuck you Titanfall for starting this shit.

Gaz_RB

Considering they perfected the modern warfare shooter with BF4, I'm glad they're moving on to other challenges/time periods.

At least Battlefield looks like it'll be a straight up historic WWI game. After listening to Dan Carlin's series on the conflict, a game would really be welcome

Seriously, the people saying it wouldn't be suitable for a campaign don't know what they're talking about. WW1 with the DICE audio team is a dream come true. I hope it's a historic events campaign with liberties taken in multiplayer where that makes sense.

Odrion

Banned
At least Battlefield looks like it'll be a straight up historic WWI game. After listening to Dan Carlin's series on the conflict, a game would really be welcome
You should really really really really really REALLY check out Verdun. It's basically that. It's a Battlefield style WW1 FPSer with a bunch of authentic guns and classes and it's done in a way that's true to the war but not... clumsy or clunky like I remember Red Orchestra being.

Orayn

Let's put an end to this flippy-dippy jet pack wall-running nonsense.

Fuck you Titanfall for starting this shit.

Counter argument: Titanfall's movement is fucking great and it's not Respawn's fault that other people copied them poorly.

Deadbeat

Banned
You should really really really really really REALLY check out Verdun. It's basically that. It's a Battlefield style WW1 FPSer with a bunch of authentic guns and classes and it's done in a way that's true to the war but not... clumsy or clunky like I remember Red Orchestra being.
As much as I like verdun, I could go for a damage model where it takes more than 1 bullet to win an encounter. Something between battlefield 3 and bad company 2 in terms of weapon damage would be ideal.

Plus, imagine AAA production on a ww1 shooter in this day and age.

Started a thread about the other game
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215297
So we can continue discussing it there

I don't really play multiplayer unfortunately

Odrion

Banned
As much as I like verdun, I could go for a damage model where it takes more than 1 bullet to win an encounter. Something between battlefield 3 and bad company 2 in terms of weapon damage would be ideal.

I think only the bolt actions are one hit. And there's a variety of reasons I think bolt-actions not being one hit would be bad. Balance would shift over to pistols, exposing yourself would be less punishing, fights between two people with bolt actions would look silly, and it just doesn't seem authentic to the grueling atmosphere of WW1.

Anyways here's a pic:

xjgVpQC.jpg

I don't really play multiplayer unfortunately
You should still give it a try. I like this (and the original BF 1942) because replacing enemy AI with real people makes the war experience more immersive. If you liked Dan Carlin's series on WW1 then it's worth picking up on sale and spending a couple hours hiding in trenches.

Symphonic

Man World War I and World War II shooters used to be my favorite. Having it rooted it in history just made it so much more intense for me.

DOWN

Banned
Well, distractingly low-poly is not my definition of amazing.
Surely you realize in gameplay, that model will look fantastic. Battlefront had similar glaring close up issues mixed with some killed high detail but looks stunning in gameplay. This is the same.

And you're determining this how exactly? His mouth opens up as the gif goes along, meaning that it is likely something far away. I don't know how many people are shocked by something like that so close to them. He would probably be reacting to it as well if it was close, not just standing there waiting for whatever it is to possibly kill him.

It's definitely right infront of him. The shadow is too sharp for something far away.

Odrion

Banned
If you need anymore of an argument to check out Verdun, on Christmas they hold a special event that recreates the Christmas Truce where both sides stopped killing each other to make snowmen and play soccer.

i3t8Nac.jpg

If you give a shit at all about WW1 you owe it to yourself to check the game out.

It's definitely right infront of him. The shadow is too sharp for something far away.

Maybe it's a spoof trailer. The shadow ends up being a big truck filled with gold and the guys from BC2 are sitting on top of it and run this guy from BF4 over.

It's Bad Company 3

MattyG

Banned
If you need anymore of an argument to check out Verdun, on Christmas they hold a special event that recreates the Christmas Truce where both sides stopped killing each other to make snowmen and play soccer.

i3t8Nac.jpg

If you give a shit at all about WW1 you owe it to yourself to check the game out.
That's super cool.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Maybe it's a spoof trailer. The shadow ends up being a big truck filled with gold and the guys from BC2 are sitting on top of it and run this guy from BF4 over.

It's Bad Company 3

it won't be BC3 because DICE doesn't even know why people love BC2 so much.

diamount

Banned

i3t8Nac.jpg

It's a novelty but that game is janky as hell.

I'm instantly in for this if it's WW1/2.

Instantly out if it's modern crap.
Pretty much where I sit. Titanfall 2 will be my FPS set in the future fix so I hope this turns out good. I hardly played Battlefield 3 and passed on 4 completely. Really hoping it's something fresh. I also hope DICE doesn't dirty up the screen like they do with B3 and 4.

Slower flying would be awesome for me, it would allow me to actually kill people on the ground, not just get a hitmarker on them.

Well, DICE made jets/helis useless in BF4 - terrible flight model, weak guns and counter measures. Flying coffins pretty much. I don't know why they bothered.

BF3 though...

BF3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom