• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortalias

Neo Member
I'm curious about some things too but for the love of Heisenberg get the fuuuck outta this thread until you're caught up!

I know, I know. I'm criminally late to the party. I'm making good time though, so I'll be caught up within days.

@StatFlow: Pollos in real life is a local restaurant chain called Twisters. They don't even serve chicken, most New Mexican food. Their breakfast burritos are delish though.

Jesse's house is in the downtown area. Really awesome looking place.

Drazgul

This week so far has been dedicated entirely to Breaking Bad. I'm in the middle of S3 of my rewatch.

You blazed through the first two seasons this week, too? Crikey, I've been stretching out the first 4 seasons since beginning of june, s05e03 now.

This guy's so hilarious in retrospect, you can almost hear him thinking "Shit shit shit!" while outwardly he's just calmly sampling the new sauces.

munchiestexix.gif

Hope we get more Madrigal in these upcoming episodes, guys are stone-cold pros like Gus was.

ZeroRay

I know i've posted this gif a number of times, but were FOUR DAYS OUT....

k75841D.gif

Season 2 is so underrated.

Peakaboo literally defined both Walt and Jesse's characters. I loved when Walt zoned out telling his story during class; fixated on the fact that the man he was talking about got a $10 bond after contributing so much to his company - which moved on to him verbally lashing Gretchen - and finally tied together exactly three seasons later in Buyout.

And of course, Jesse's adventures in the meth house was something else entirely.

rekameohs

Banned
Hope we get more Madrigal in these upcoming episodes, guys are stone-cold pros like Gus was.

I got the impression that Madrigal was a legitimate business that was tainted by Mr. Tater Tot and Lydia's connection with Gus. It didn't seem like the company as a whole was part of the scheme, but we'll see.

Drazgul

I got the impression that Madrigal was a legitimate business that was tainted by Mr. Tater Tot and Lydia's connection with Gus. It didn't seem like the company as a whole was part of the scheme, but we'll see.

Yeah, that's what they want you to think. They're that good. ;)

Batigol

Banned
I am SO ready for this.

I only started watching a few weeks ago. Had to marathon about 3-4 episodes a night, but I finally caught up.

Best. Show. Ever.

Also, I got over my hatred of Skyler by forwarding every scene she is in. Unless, it's a scene with Walt, but I'll still forward the parts where she talks.

Will watch Monday morning.

P.s, fuck Skyler

big ander

I'm not exactly optimistic about AMC post-Mad Men and BB. Between Walking Dead and Small Town Security they're close to turning into something I outright dislike, but I'm holding out hope for Low Winter Sun. And while the other two original shows they have in the pipeline are period dramas, this one about American spies in 1778 could be campily interesting.

I am SO ready for this.

I only started watching a few weeks ago. Had to marathon about 3-4 episodes a night, but I finally caught up.

Best. Show. Ever.

Also, I got over my hatred of Skyler by forwarding every scene she is in. Unless, it's a scene with Walt, but I'll still forward the parts where she talks.

P.s, fuck Skyler
You clearly liked the show, so I guess it worked, but my god that sounds like the worst way to watch a show.

ctothej

Do other people agree that Skyler becomes a lot more sympathetic in later seasons? I didn't really like her in season 1-2, but in the later seasons (especially 5) I don't know how you wouldn't sympathize with her.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Do other people agree that Skyler becomes a lot more sympathetic in later seasons? I didn't really like her in season 1-2, but in the later seasons (especially 5) I don't know how you wouldn't sympathize with her.
There is a direct correlation between how much Walt becomes a monster and how sympathetic of a character Skyler becomes.

Hence why she becomes much less hated in Season 5. Her fucking Ted came pretty early so it was still effective. If she waited until Season 5 to fuck Ted, I don't think people would give nearly as many fucks.

BadTaste

Did he tell you about my affair?

At this point, I've steped back from my dislike of Skyler just to watch Team Skyler and Team Fuck Skyler duke it out in the thread.

It's fun!

By the way, WE'RE ALMOST THERE, GUYS.

Sons of Anarchy has owned my life for this last week, but I'm gonna go hard with a season 4/5 rewatch starting Friday.

Hey guys, I was hoping someone can help me out here. I don't have cable anymore after a move, but I'm going to be getting internet set up soon. What's the best way to watch this show? For instance, will Netflix upload each episode the day after it airs or something? Is there a better deal, like on XBL maybe? Thanks for any help.

anaron

Does anyone know the name of the track that plays in "End Times" during the scene where Skyler goes out onto the balcony with the DEA agent and she has that distressed smoke?

Hey guys, I was hoping someone can help me out here. I don't have cable anymore after a move, but I'm going to be getting internet set up soon. What's the best way to watch this show? For instance, will Netflix upload each episode the day after it airs or something? Is there a better deal, like on XBL maybe? Thanks for any help.
http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad/where-to-watch

Not sure what the most cost efficient way is for a cord-cutter, but those are your options.

Nameless

Definitely. I've always thought Sky was a great character even if I disliked her(think Joffrey Baratheon in S1 of GoT), but my mood towards her softened late in S3 on into S4. You can't help but sympathize with her in S5; she's simultaneously dealing with completely ruining someone she cared about's life(Ted) and coming to grips with her husband being a newly minted drug kingpin capable of blowing up a nursing home. Anna Gunn knocked it out of the park in 5.1. Doesn't get enough credit.

tumblr_m96ahr942t1r27opko1_400.gif

Batigol

Banned
What in the bloody fuck. What is wrong with people.

She's insufferable. I was over her shit after the first season.

I don't understand how she's lasted this long. Like, she's pretty much universally hated.

The worst scene in the whole show was that locksmith scene where she's trying to get into Walt's house. Doing all that fake crying and shit. So bad.

Wilbur

Banned

I don't understand how she's lasted this long. Like, she's pretty much universally hated.

The worst scene in the whole show was that locksmith scene where she's trying to get into Walt's house. Doing all that fake crying and shit. So bad.

What about when Walt cries in front of Hank before bugging his computer? Did you skip that?

big ander

lol oh like when walt cried in front of hank to bug the DEA so he could cook more and dodge getting caught for murder and more?

not to mention Walt did it to a person who deeply trusted him, to a person who values his relationship and has an actual stake in his life. not some fucking random stranger

sky's not universally hated. she's divisive.

on top of all this, it's not really about whether or not you like sky: it's that skipping part of shows and stuff is bullshit and testifies to how awful of a viewer you are. like, go ahead and pick and choose what parts you want to watch but know that doing so will make everyone else completely ignore your opinion, and for good reason because it's incomplete farcical criticism that no one should give a shit about

Nameless

lol oh like when walt cried in front of hank to bug the DEA so he could cook more and dodge getting caught for murder and more?

not to mention Walt did it to a person who deeply trusted him, to a person who values his relationship and has an actual stake in his life. not some fucking random stranger

Even while working against him Walt saves Hank's ass many many times.

Jimothy

I am SO ready for this.

Best. Show. Ever.

P.s, fuck Skyler
I can't believe people like you exist.

survivor

Banned
I am SO ready for this.

Best. Show. Ever.

P.s, fuck Skyler
People really skip scenes in a TV show they like? I will never understand this.

Nameless

But it didn't even work. Gus was going to kill Hank, anyway.

Gus made the final decision to kill Hank after he persisted and sent Gomie on that walk & talk to the laundry.

Crawl Space happens because Walt decides to save Hank and get the hell out of dodge, only....

Gus made the final decision to kill Hank after he persisted and sent Gomie on that walk & talk to the laundry.

Crawl Space happens because Walt decides to save Hank and get the hell out of dodge, only....

And Hank doesn't think anything of it if Walt didn't convince him Gale wasn't Heisenberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom