• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimothy

Didn't know if this had been posted:

The Top Ten Shots Of Breaking Bad

how is this not in there

QyWLctq.jpg

Arment

I can't believe it's about to be over. These next 8 episodes are going to be bliss.

Oh god I just remembered that Sons of Anarchy starts in about 4 weeks...both in the same week...hnng.

Were Vince, Aaron, Anna and Bryan on Charlie Rose? They had a clip of them on the show in the Colbert Report Daft Punk video he did. Is it coming up or aired already? Anyone have a link if it's aired?

- David Bunting @ RogerEbert.com: Gliding Over All: An Interview with "Breaking Bad" Cinematographer Michael Slovis
Editor's note: Last year, RogerEbert.com contributor Dave Bunting began editing a series of video essays that arrange images from seasons of "Breaking Bad" in ways that highlight the show's motifs, colors and textures. His latest piece, about the cinematography of Season 2, is embedded below. Bunting previously published videos about Season 3, Season 4, and the first half of Season 5 at Press Play, and is finishing the series as a coproduction between that site and RogerEbert.com. His video on Season 1 will be published here next week; his concluding video, about the second half of Season 5, will run after the series finale.

Last week Bunting interviewed the show's director of photography, Michael Slovis. A transcript follows the video.

er, minor spoiler in there for the opening scene for Sunday's episode, but eh
I slapped a label on the link. We're at the point where I can't skim everything I link for spoilers. If you're worried about reading something spoilerish, it's probably best to just go dark until the premiere airs.

Haven't seen this posted yet. Breaking Bad convo starts around ~25:00 give or take.

Hollywood Prospectus Podcast: Drinking Buddies and Breaking Bad

From there we fired up the RV and piloted a course straight to hell with a brief stopover in Albuquerque. Yes, Breaking Bad returns for its final run of eight episodes this Sunday and we couldn't be more excited. What makes this ending different from all other endings? And what makes this twisted morality tale different from TV's burgeoning murder obsession? (This last part of the conversation was free of BB spoilers for those not yet caught up. In a related note for those not yet caught up: What's wrong with you?!?!)

No Season 5b spoilers, just 5a ones.

- Onion A|V Club: RJ Mitte on the Breaking Bad scene that made him want to be an actor
- Onion A|V Club: How Breaking Bad broke free of the clockwork-universe problem
Late in Breaking Bad’s upcoming season-five part-two première, Walter White makes a leap of logic that seems somewhat ridiculous for the man to make. He has very little evidence to support it. He has no particular reason to feel the way he does—outside of one thing he should never have noticed. But it feels right for him to have made this leap of logic, at least to the audience. This happens all the time on Breaking Bad: When examining the actual elements of the plot, the show makes huge leaps that don’t always seem backed up by logic or rational thought, but they’re always undergirded by a kind of emotional through-line that ties everything together. The show, which began as a relatively small-scale domestic crime drama, very gradually evolved into a grand pulp adventure, with super-magnets and murderous, silent twin brothers, and it hasn’t always been clear how the series was able to make any or all of this work. At times, it felt as if the mechanics of the plot should have swallowed the characters whole, but Breaking Bad has succumbed only rarely, and even then, only for a scene or two. How?

WIll read. I don't particularly feel BB has broken free of the Clockwork Universe problem. I never had a name for it until now, but that exactly nails one issue I have with the show.

EDIT: I see. It overcomes by embracing fully. I can see that. It also makes me think that anything less than the anhililation of the state of New Mexico would be a step backwards for the finale.

The spoiler at that link was only two-ish lines of dialog but holy SHIT I cannot wait for Sunday.

One part of the article confused me:
"In six months you won't have someone to prosecute," taunts Walt, who, after all, is dying from terminal cancer. Then he adds as a barely veiled threat: "Maybe your best course would be to tread lightly." isn't walt's cancer in remission?

He goes back to the Oncologist in the last episode of last season, and many people assumed the cancer was back, but it was never confirmed. This apparently confirms it.

Nameless

Considering the 5A Cold Open I don't see how that could ever possible work or be expected.

The cold opening also confirms Walt is going to survive the initial blowback and get away. How this happens, why he goes back, and what happens when he does are the real questions. Infinite hype.

Team Walt is safe for a little while.

Well, I was being facetious, but also consider that events will happen chronologically after that point.

I'm kinda hoping for a trans-dimensional psychic squid monster.

Oh, sure, I just mean in a lot of ways it seems to imply a shrinking of scale (even though he's got Roadblock's gun in his trunk).

The cold opening also confirms Walt is going to survive the initial blowback and get away. How this happens, why he goes back, and what happens when he does are the real questions. Infinite hype.

Team Walt is safe for a little while.

Albequerque gets nuked in the finale. Walt survives, rides off into the sunset.

Edited: I meant Walt, gaddamnit!

I hate thinking about this stuff so much, but ok speculation/spoilers based on what I've heard of the cold open for this season:

What if Walt takes the ricin himself? Didn't he say it takes 48-72 hours to kill someone? Maybe that's why he's coughing in Dennys and taking those pills. It's not cancer, it's the ricin slowly killing him and those pills are holding it off till he does whatever he needs to do with that machine gun. It'd mean his death, sure, but also going out on his own terms.

The spoiler at that link was only two-ish lines of dialog but holy SHIT I cannot wait for Sunday.
I got down to that line in the article and bailed out. There are probably going to be a fair number of spoilers from the premiere floating around the next couple of days.
Oh, sure, I just mean in a lot of ways it seems to imply a shrinking of scale (even though he's got Roadblock's gun in his trunk).
Ha!

I hate thinking about this stuff so much, but ok speculation/spoilers based on what I've heard of the cold open for this season:

What if Walt takes the ricin himself? Didn't he say it takes 48-72 hours to kill someone? Maybe that's why he's coughing in Dennys and taking those pills. It's not cancer, it's the ricin slowly killing him and those pills are holding it off till he does whatever he needs to do with that machine gun. It'd mean his death, sure, but also going out on his own terms.

I have been saying that to my friends and family for months now. Just in case he
lives and survives the massacre. That's why he goes back to the house, for the ricin, maybe. His cancer won't return and if it does it sure as hell won't kill him.

Delicious, delicious irony.

- HitFix: 'Breaking Bad' composer Dave Porter talks Vince Gilligan and final season
When “Breaking Bad” returns Sunday for its final eight episodes, composer Dave Porter’s haunting theme will usher fans into Walter White’s life for one last go-round. Porter was here in Poland to teach a master class at Jan Kaczmarek’s Transatlantyk Festival, but will be back in Los Angeles in time to have a few friends over to watch along with the rest of us on Sunday night.

Up next for Porter will be a new series, which he can’t announce yet, but having only finished scoring “Breaking Bad” two weeks ago, right now Porter is looking forward to some down time. “August is going to be me and my two-year old playing in the backyard," he says. "I have to see him and get some sleep.”

HitFix discussed with Porter what it’s been like to score one of the most acclaimed television series ever, working with show creator Vince Gilligan, and his favorite episodes.

We ended the interview with Porter naming the five scores from television series that he most admired.

Bigfoot

I have been saying that to my friends and family for months now. Just in case he
lives and survives the massacre. That's why he goes back to the house, for the ricin, maybe. His cancer won't return and if it does it sure as hell won't kill him.

Delicious, delicious irony.
I would like this ending.

Toa TAK

Banned
Love this response from Porter.
Did you like writing for Good Walter or Bad Walter better? He wasn’t good for very long.

No, he wasn’t, but there was a wonderful innocence to him and I do love that about the first seasons. Obviously that goes away, but I did love writing Walt’s early steps downwards.

The score and soundtrack to this series has been great. Hope to see it continue onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom