• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he'll be like Harry on Dexter.

"Listen, Walt. If everyone is eating sandwiches with the crusts cut off, YOU GOTTA EAT EM THE SAME WAY. No one can EVER KNOW that you're a merciless sociopath that no one could ever possibly root for."

"But --"

"NO MORE HALF MEASURES, WALTER. CALL IT MIKEY'S LAW."

- Andy Greenwald for Grantland: Breaking Bad faces the great wind-down
Sunday's episode, of which I'll spoil not a whit other than to say it is absolutely terrific, feels less like merging onto an exit ramp and more like the later stages of a rocket launch. The direction, by Bryan Cranston himself, is stirring and precise. The tone alternates between hilarious and bleak, and the tension is excruciating. The way an impatient Gilligan leaps fearlessly to tackle story points that other Emmy winners would let linger for half a season makes me think he's the sort of hedonist who would never deign to sit through a salad course when there's steak on the menu. He just can't help himself, and goddamn does it taste good!

Random crap that popped up today:
- Film School Rejects: Better Haul Saul (Away): Why a Spin-Off Would Destroy ‘Breaking Bad’s Legacy
- The Oregonian decides to recap Season 5A in couplets: 'Breaking Bard,' Episodeth 1, 'Live Free or Die'

ZeroRay

Rewatched Say My Name in order to prepare myself for the final few eps.

What got me initially was that someone so careful as MIke would let himself get wasted by Walter. I knew why: that his character who kept harping against half measures committed so many that they drowned him. Still left a sour taste last year.

Watching it again, I understand why he let Walt live initially, as Mike saw him as the only way to salvage everything he lost with Gus gone. And he let Walt deliver the package at the end because he was too desperate and distraught over abandoning his granddaughter to be too careful.

- Warming Glow: ‘Breaking Bad’ Season 4: A GIF Retrospective

ioZDLZtHI51gn.gif

iT4z4GRS0v0U3.gif

Rewatched Say My Name in order to prepare myself for the final few eps.

What got me initially was that someone so careful as MIke would let himself get wasted by Walter. I knew why: that his character who kept harping against half measures committed so many that they drowned him. Still left a sour taste last year.

Watching it again, I understand why he let Walt live initially, as Mike saw him as the only way to salvage everything he lost with Gus gone. And he let Walt deliver the package at the end because he was too desperate and distraught over abandoning his granddaughter to be too careful.

There was no one else who could do it in his mind. His caring for Jesse was independent of his distraught desperation.

Angry Fork

AMC is going to be dead to me after Mad Men wraps up.

Yup, I really want to see them try to pick up another show like this or Mad Men but I don't know if they'll do it. Before these shows I only watched AMC for Hitchcock film repeats and they don't even do that anymore.

Yup, I really want to see them try to pick up another show like this or Mad Men but I don't know if they'll do it. Before these shows I only watched AMC for Hitchcock film repeats and they don't even do that anymore.

Listening to that podcast I linked to before, the hosts talk about how after nickel and diming Gilligan over this last season and the shit they put up with with Matt Weiner, AMC will NEVER put themselves in the position of being put over a barrel by an auteur/showrunner ever again. You can see it now, how Walking Dead is a "brand" vs a vision, for example. Kind of a shame, if you ask me.

JaseMath

They were supposedly working on some kind of Area 51 drama. Wonder what ever happened to it...

Mortalias

Neo Member
So I'm from Albuquerque and I've been hearing about this show all the time. I knew it was supposed to be great, so I figured I'd start watching on Netflix to see.

Holy... hell. I'm addicted. Just started season 3 and trying to catch up before the final episodes. It's just amazing.

Also, it's weird to know every single location in the series in real life. I'll even take questions.

(Even went to the famous household just the other day on my way home)

IMG_2618.jpg

Servbot24

Banned
My top 5 would likely consist of Crawl Space, One Minute, Two Days Out, Half Measures and Salud. Honorable mention to The Fly, Peek-a-boo, Say My Name, Pilot and Full Measures.

@Mortallais

First off, awesome avatar :)

I don't live there, but it must be surreal to see the places you drive around, be on your TV lol

Mortalias

Neo Member
@Mortallais

First off, awesome avatar :)

I don't live there, but it must be surreal to see the places you drive around, be on your TV lol

Thanks! Scorsese's the man. Can't wait to see what comes of Wolf of Wall Street.

And trust me it is. I've washed my car at the car wash (Octopus irl), eaten at Pollos (Twister's irl) and so on.

@bucknuticus: It's not too bad. People used to drive up and take pictures all the time, but now it's just a few. It's literally smack dab in a normal neighborhood so it's tricky to find if you don't search for the real address.

EBCubs03

Banned
So I'm from Albuquerque and I've been hearing about this show all the time. I knew it was supposed to be great, so I figured I'd start watching on Netflix to see.

Holy... hell. I'm addicted. Just started season 3 and trying to catch up before the final episodes. It's just amazing.

Also, it's weird to know every single location in the series in real life. I'll even take questions.

IMG_2618.jpg

Have you been to the laundromat where walt cooked for gus?

Mortalias

Neo Member
Have you been to the laundromat where walt cooked for gus?

Haven't gotten that far in the season yet (I'm guessing that's 3), but based on what the building looks like online, I haven't. Looks like it's on Candelaria though. (Popular street in the series I've noticed)

Nameless

Haven't gotten that far in the season yet (I'm guessing that's 3), but based on what the building looks like online, I haven't. Looks like it's on Candelaria though. (Popular street in the series I've noticed)

I'm curious about some things too but for the love of Heisenberg get the fuuuck outta this thread until you're caught up!

Thanks! Scorsese's the man. Can't wait to see what comes of Wolf of Wall Street.

And trust me it is. I've washed my car at the car wash (Octopus irl), eaten at Pollos (Twister's irl) and so on.

@bucknuticus: It's not too bad. People used to drive up and take pictures all the time, but now it's just a few. It's literally smack dab in a normal neighborhood so it's tricky to find if you don't search for the real address.

Haha, sounds cool!

And yeah, Scorsese is indeed the fucking man. My favourite director, I think.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

http://s8.postimg.org/6sk8qoqtx/IMG_2618.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
This is awesome. Is Los Pollos food good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom